Urology Community
Pea sized lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pea sized lump

I have recently felt a pea sized lump at the bottom of my left testicle. This is the same testicle when I found something on the top/side of it. What I found on the top of it was soft and mobile when I play with it. It felt soft. I went to the doctor to have it checked out. They felt the area where it was, and the doctor told me that it was their opinion that it was nothing serious to worry about. That was on November 26. Seems it was a cyst.

On December 3 I felt around that same testicle, and I felt a harder lump at the bottom. It was about the size of a pea and it seemed not to be directly attacked to my testicle. I could move my testicle away from the lump, and hold it with two fingers, and I did not feel any pain when I moved my testicle away from the lump. The lump has not grown so far as I can tell. I am also not sure if that same testicle is harder than the other. I never really payed attention to it like that, but it might. I can still push down on it some and it gives way a little. It is not rock hard or anything. I can squeeze it from the side and feel a slight discomfort like if I did with my other testicle.  

If I squeeze on the lump, it feels a little hard, but the area around it feels soft. I cannot tell if it is going from hard to soft. It does not seem to be directly linked to my testicle like a lump on an egg. It seems like it could be connected through a tube to my testicle. It seems to be part of the back/underside of the testicle. I plan to go to a urologist on December 15 to have an ultrasound if they think it is necessary.