Urology Community
Peeing through my vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Peeing through my vagina

Hi, I am 18 yrs old and  I was studying for  my Biology class today about the female reproductive system and I read about the urethra.. And I realized that I have been peeing through my vagina instead of the urethra.. I looked up some stuff and dicovered that it's called fistula.. I know this isnt normal, but is my health at risk? What problems am I gonna have?
You may have a congenital defect... which is actually quite common. Most women's urethra is an opening just above the vaginal opening... however it sounds like your urethra could be inside of the vaginal opening... You should talk to your OBGYN.
lots and lots of people get that wrong when you do alot of exersize you usally start getting watery stuff coming out of vagina it might be that if thats wrong please wrute back see ya
I'm going to have this post shifted to urology, I am hopeful you can get more info there (this is a forum for pelvic organ prolapse).

Good luck, I hope you find more answers!
Sher
Avatar_dr_m_tn
For uretrovaginal fistula, the common symptoms are watery vaginal discharge, urinary incontinence and leakage of urine through the vagina. Various investigations need to be performed which include dye test, cystoscopy, retrograde pyelogram or fistulagram.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.