Urology Community
Pelvic, testicular and inner thigh pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pelvic, testicular and inner thigh pain

I am a 20 year old male. Two months ago I went on a 20 km ride on my road bike. I had a lot of discomfort in my pelvic region throughout the ride. Once I got home I noticed an odd lump around the base of my penis. My left testicle had ascended into the canal. I lightly pressed on the lump and my testicle dropped. For the rest of the night I was uncomfortable and visited the emergency clinic to be sure that I hadn't done any damage. The doctor did a short physical exam, was satisfied, and offered that it may have been a nerve impingement. Since that time I have had periods of discomfort around the pelvic region, periodically. It feels almost like a "ghost" testicle has ascended into the canal. After having that short physical my mind was put at ease and I brushed off any discomfort as residual nerve effects.

About 6 days ago I noticed a hard lump - about the size of a pea - between my scrotum and anus. It is not painful and has slowly been getting smaller. I think it may be a cyst but I mention it as its incidence comes at a bad time (read on). Also during this time I have been having bouts of pain in my pelvic region, around the area of my left testicle and along my upper, inner left thigh. THIS IS MY MAIN CONCERN AND REASON FOR THIS POST. The pain is about 3/10, but the discomfort is 5/10. I can not find any unusual masses on either testicle and they look fine to me. No noticeable swelling. They are not tender to the touch but moving my testicles around from the left side or from below can be uncomfortable. Sitting readily brings on the symptoms, laying down helps. Oddly, touching the pubic hair above and to the left of my penis can be quite uncomfortable, even painful, but only sometimes. The pelvic, testicular and inner thigh pain, all along the left side, are my main symptoms.

Please advise.
This lump sounds like a hemorrhoid. Take plenty of fiber in the diet and avoid dehydration by drinking plenty of water and fruit juice. Also get plenty of exercise as this helps keeps the bowels regular.Excessive consumption of caffeine and alcohol also has to be avoided.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.