Urology Community
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

I am a 43 yo male who has had post void dribbling since April 08. The symptoms occurred virtually overnight, but I believe this disorder had been building for quite a while. I was finally diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction. My pelvic floor muscles are in spams most of the time, therefore they do not perform in the urinary process as they should. I am currently seeing a physical therapist, who is doing electrical stimulation treatments and soon I will have a home unit to do these at home. I am also doing core strengthening exercises. Though I see progress, honestly I am sick of this and just want to return to normal. Tests also did show that I have mild overactive bladder, so I am eliminating all bladder irritants from my diet, soda, coffee, spicy foods etc. Any thing else I could be doing or is there some very effective treatment for this condition?