Urology Community
Penile Scar Tissue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Penile Scar Tissue

I have scar tissue at the head of my penis urethral opening and a very narrow urethra only in the head of my penis, this also causes me to sometimes spray my urine out or have multiple streams of urine coming out of my urethra. Also causing me to sometimes pee on myself or the all over the toilet or the floor. My diagnosis was Meatal Stenosis more than likely caused by Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans and was told that I had a left Varicocele and I should not worry about the latter. I was also told that it could be caused as a result from some kind of trauma to the area. Anyways I was told that I would eventually have to get my urethra dilated to remedy the problem. But then I feel that that will not solve all my problems because of the scar tissue at my urethral opening it is painful to the touch, especially when I get erections, even being flaccid and just rubbing against my boxers it gets really painful sometimes, also the scar tissue gets itchy at times and I have occasional painful urination. I inquired about removal of the scar tissue, and was told absolutely not that that would not be an option for me. The only explanation I got was there were quite a few other problems that could arise from this, e.g., disfigurement, the tip healing together and closing, severe infection like staff. I am circumcised and a clean person and do not really see this happening, but then again I'm not a Doctor either.  Is it time to get a second opinion?