Urology Community
Penile itch, swollen foreskin on one side, small white dots that readil...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

Penile itch, swollen foreskin on one side, small white dots that readily wipe clean

Greetings. Thank-you for all you do.

I am a 52 year old circumsized and monogamous white male, married for 21 years. I am overweight and have a small penis which completely retracts when I sit.

For about the last six weeks to two months, I have developed a very itchy foreskin on the left side of my penis. I have previously had yeast infections, my wife and I were apparently passing it back and forth between us. This time however, the Monistat cream that I always used successfully before, only makes it a little better and as soon as I stop using the cream the infection returns. I am even using rubbing alcohol and that appears to work the same way. The itch subsides but the swelling does not seem to diminish and the tiny little white dots on the foreskin keep reappearing. These are of unknown origin to me as I have never noticed them before, but they just wipe off and are somewhat moist. I have no pain at all either urinating or ejaculating. I think I have a recurring and persistent yeast infection, but this is new territory for me as I have never had one I could not cure on my own.

Incidentally, I noticed a patch of hair missing on my dog. The vet said it was a skin infection. I know that sounds funny in this context but I did notice a post on a similar forum and this was discussed. So no snickering please. lol

I have made an appointment with my physician which I would obviously like to avoid, if possible. If I could just order a medication and skip the whole doctor experience, I would be a happy camper with my dignity intact.

What could this be and what can I take/use to cure it?

Thanks Again,
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Avatar dr m tn
From the symptom sit sounds like balanitis. It is an inflammation of the glans (glands) penis. Oral course of antibiotics is needed.In addition,pls don’t use any cosmetics on the penis,instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin.In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care. Please do keep me posted if you have any further queries on the same.

1001199 tn?1288139053
Yea man, chuck the rubbing alcohol, it's making it worse. Alocohol won't kill the bacteria but it can damage your skin and on broken skin can cause further inflammation. Do as the doc suggests above- keep it clean with a mild soap and lather it up with some of the aforementioned creams.

For alternative treatments consider Tea Tree oils and soaps and Goldenseal tablets or tea. I believe that liquid colloidal silver may help, though I can't substantiate that. Also increase anti-oxident vitamins like C and E and take a good B complex. Just research them a bit, they're cheap and available at any vitamin store.
Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources