Urology Community
Penis Pain during ejaculation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Penis Pain during ejaculation

I have been experiencing a sharp pain in my penis when I ejaculate.  It only occurs while the semen is coming out and all the muscles are contracting. This pain is limited to my penis only and leaves when ejaculation ends.  I had it for a few weeks and then it went away. It has recently returned for the past week or so.  It happened first when I had ejaculated after abstaining from sex and masturbation for a long period of time (for me this was about two weeks).  I seemed to have an extra large amount of semen coming out and I feel like I burst a pipe, so to speak. Since then, it happens even when sex or masturbation is frequent with smaller amounts of semen.  Any ideas would be helpful..Thanks.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Pain during ejaculation can be a sign of a prostate condition. This can be bacterial prostatitis or abacterial prostatitis. As you have had this condition for a few weeks now, the problem will need to be defined as chronic prostatitis.

You will need to have a prostate examination done. This will involve a digital rectal exam, urinalysis, prostate ultrasound, and/or prostate fluid analysis.

Treatment will depend on the organism isolated and will be for a minimum duration of 15-20 days and may extend even longer, based on the adequacy of response.

Abacterial prostatitis can also cause prostate-related symptoms and enlargement of the prostate and will need symptomatic treatment.

Ensure that you keep fluid intake around 2000 ml, avoid prostate irritants, such as caffeine, alcohol, citrus fruits, etc., avoid sitting for prolonged periods of time or on inadequately padded surfaces, and practice moderate physical activity.

Do keep us posted on any further doubts you have in this regard.