Urology Community
Penis Sensitivity is at about 10%. Will it ever come back?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

This is very embarrassing but I’ve lost most of the sensitivity in my penis from masturbation. It has been this way for years but I always thought all I would have to do is leave it alone for a few weeks and it would be fine again. I’m twenty six now and in decent health but even after a week of leaving it alone I’m feeling virtually no increase in sensitivity.  I do however not feel any more pain so maybe I should take that as a good sign? In other words, at least I am seeing some results right?

The base looks completely fine but above where I was circumcised you can tell. Some days it looks just plain old gross but then on other days it looks pretty much good.  Of course, the longer I go without masterbating (masturbating) (which for the past say, five years has been maybe ten days) the better it looks. But recently at the end of the 10 days it doesn’t look or feel as good as it used to so I’m afraid the general health down there is getting worse.

I’m just wondering if I can get the sensitivity back to 100% or close to it. I have recently started taking a number of measures to try and help this. I put some Neosporin around where the skin is damaged. I switched to soft knit boxers (as opposed to before where I wore no underpants).  I started taking Enzyte, I know that’s not designed to heal skin, and I’m a normal size already, but I figured more circulation wouldn’t hurt.  If I kept up doing these things and stopped masturbation for a month or two would the sensitivity come back or am I doomed? Should I just become a traveling monk now?

I can have sexual intercourse and the orgasms do feel good (not as good as with healthy skin though) but I think it’s more hormones driving me than the feeling of touch.

One last note , I have sensitive skin on other parts of my body. I had very bad acne in high school (it cleared up now).  I still get razor burn though no matter what I try or do.  

I really appreciate your reading this. I’m not sure why anyone would lol. But I hope  there is maybe a dermatology student out there who gets credit for replying on these forums.  I’ll be happy with any advice I can get though.  I really appreciate your help!
Sorry, I didn't realize that I posted this in the wrong forum.