Penis fishy smell
A couple of days ago I smelled this fishy ordor on my boyfriend's penis, it was pretty strong!  He had never, ever smelled this way before.  He had said to me that he had taken a shower an hour before so I am really confused.  He is extremelly clean and I am really having doubts about him maybe cheating.  We have been having problems in our relationship, but I dont want to acuse him of anything.  I am just wondering.  He eats well, exercises everyother day and this is something out of the ordinary for him.  Please help.
Fishy smell of penis can be due to fungal infection of the penis, STD’s or prostate infections. Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, your boyfriend should not use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I read your response and I have more questions, first of all my boyfriend is circumcised.  If had taken a shower an hour before coming to see me does it still make sense that his penis would have that foul fishy smell right after? is it possible that he could have  contracted the fungual infection through intercourse with somebody else or is there any other reasons? like I said in 2 years it is the first time he ever smelled like that.  He is fairly young (41) and a prostate infection to me seems unlikely.

Thank you so much for your help.
I can understand your concern. Firstly, fungal infections can be contacted through even using the clothes, towels or same washrooms of an infected individual. It is not compulsory that they will be contacted only by intercourse. Secondly, STD’s like gonorrhea, Chlamydia etc are sexually tranismitted and Chlamydia may remain symptomless for many years and many men may not even know that they have it. So these also need to be ruled out. Prostate infections can occur in young men also and it is not necessarily a diseases of the old. He should consult a urologist and get these conditions ruled out.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
You can't tie everyone with the same brush.  Just because a man's pens smells fishy does not mean he has cheated at all.  I know this 100%. I have spent 24/7  with a man who had this smell and it was impossible for him to cheat.   So to the women who is worried about her husband cheating on her please take into consideration of what I have said. The man I am referring to smelt even after a shower with using perfumed shower gel. Hope this helps