Urology Community
Penis gland pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Penis gland pain

About three weeks ago I noticed that I had a weird feeling on my penis. Around this time I also noticed that my foreskin was sticking to the glands (the best way I can explain it is similar to a "band aid" effect). This meant that when I tried to retract my foreskin I had to pull on it a little bit (please note that my foreskin isn't tight, it never has been, and I still have plenty of room.. it's just sticking to the glands kind of). I also have some pain in the corona area of my penis. It is mostly towards the corona and on top of the penis, not the tip though.

I initially thought I might have a UTI and went to my family doctor whom gave me some antibiotics. I thought I felt better after 2 days but a couple of days later the symptoms were back (maybe the antibiotics were placebo.. idk). I was on antibiotics for a total of 5 days before returning to the doctor. At this point I still had the sticky/drier than normal foreskin and some pain in the same area of the penis. The thing is that my penis doesn't look all that bad. There is a little redness but nothing bleeding, forming a rash, or overall too different than normal. The same doctor said that it could possibly be a form of fungus and prescribed lotrisone. I was on this for a total of 5 days applying roughly 2-3 times a day. Suffice to say... the lotrisone didn't work.

I then went to a urologist who I felt  was very poor. He basically told me I looked fine and dismissed the pain I was experiencing. He told me to get lotrimin OTC and try that. After 4 days of the lotrimin I was still in pain so I called the office and asked for some Diflucan (I heard it is rather effective). I took one 150mg pill and my symptoms didn't improve. I was still having a tough to pull back foreskin with some random pain in my penis throughout the day. It seemed to get irritated when I retracted the foreskin for urination. The weird thing is that it isn't really visually irritated it just feels irritated and painful.

Fast forward a week and I saw yet another urologist after having some intense pain in my penis head. I almost went to the ER but the pain subsided about 20 minutes later. I can always feel the "irritation" but it isn't always painful... it's basically bothersome most of the time. The urologist said that there is a little redness but nothing diagnosable. He gave me some lidocaine jelly to numb the area to see if that helped. The lidocaine seemed to help half the time... once again not sure if placebo. Overall, I would say it was effective.

I called him back to tell him the lidocaine was somewhat effective but I still have the underlying issue. He was basically scratching his head because he had no idea what to do next. I made an appointment with a dermatologist for this Thursday hoping there is something they can do.

Does anyone have any idea of why I am having this pain and what is causing my foreskin to stick to the glands? I just want my normal functioning penis back.

Sorry for the long post... but thank you to those who take the time to help.