Urology Community
Penis injury during sexual intercourse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Penis injury during sexual intercourse

Let me give some background first. Four and a half weeks ago I injured my penis during sexual intercourse. The girl was on top, and I slipped and hit her thigh very hard, causing a transverse bend that ran the length of my shaft (imagine it forming a shallow U to the left). I did not lose my erection(only slightly for a minute), had some initial pain, but thought it was better a few minutes later and resumed intercourse. Had no noticeable pain for the next 4 days, and had intercourse twice during that time. However, both times I felt like my ejaculation was blocked, like I reached climax, but was unable to ejaculate for 30 seconds or so. After the second time pain started appearing at the base. It wasn't very strong, more of a very noticeable soreness.

I had no bleeding/bruising or anything like that. I saw two internal medicine doctors within a week after that, both seemed to think it should heal, and was most certainly not a fracture. The second prescribed ice and IBProfen. The soreness continued, and then a sharper pain set in a few days after seeing the second doctor. It felt like a thick artery, so from reading I thought it likely to be a blood clot of some sort. This passed in a few days later, but the soreness at the base of the right hand side continued. I set up an appointment to see a Urologist and went to his office a week ago from today. Right before seeing him a new pain along the shaft on the right side underneath at the base appeared, stronger than before. It felt highly similar to the pain I had with what I thought was a blood clot, but that was lower down.

The urologist didn't feel anything noticeable, but I have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday.

Since then by feeling the area, the sharp pain was defintely emanating from a hard artery. That has gotten much better in the last few days (though its still there if I prod it much), but the soreness/burning feeling on the right hand side at the base (deeper and more towards the front) continues (though it too has lessened). So overall I think things are healing, but I do have one real concern.

All 3 doctors I saw asked me if my erections were normal looking, and at the time I thought they were. I didn't check more than a few times briefly as I was trying to avoid erections, but everything seemed normal. However, in the last few days I have noticed that the right side looks different from the left. At first I thought it was curving to the left, but if so its barely noticeable. What I do notice is that the left hand side is completely straight from base to tip (normal), but the right hand side is curved... I guess bulgly as it goes towards the center of the shaft. Its not grossly noticeable or anything, but it is distinct if you look at it. The strongest part of the curve of course appears at the center of the bend during the injury. I also notice that when I lose my erections, the shaft curves very quickly to the left (pivoting around the site of the original bend)

I was curious if this sort of thing has been seen before and what it means? Does it likely just need more time (maybe the clot still hasn't healed?), or is it permanent. If it is permanent is it likely cosmetic or possibly going to effect my erections as well?

Should I call my Urologist and bring this to his attention?