Urology Expert Forum
Penis pain

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Penis pain

In May I went to a massage parlor and received a hand job.
A few days later the head of my penis started hurting and i started expeiencing sharp pain in that area when I urinated.
This has lasted ever since. A few weeks ago I went to an urgent care facility - They took blood, urine and a swab from inside my penis. I was tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea and UTI. They put me on doxycycline for ten days while awaiting the test results. During this time I noticed some crusty discharge on my underwear once. All three tests came back negative.

The pain in my penis is pretty constant  but it feels like it gets worse at the end of the day when my penis has been rubbing against my clothing. I often have to take Tylenol to make it through the day. It feels a bit tender along the base of my genitals between my scrotum and anus, when I am sitting down.
I feel like I have to urinate frequently. My urination is pretty painful but ejaculation when I masturbate feels fine.
I have no blisters or warts on my penis
I have no back pain, no abdominal pain, no blood in my urine.
Never had any fever or sickness since this event either.

Some Questions:
Is this some type of STD like HPV? What about Prostatitis?
Can a person get this kind of infection or STD from a hand job?
If so, do I have to worry about transmitting this to my baby when I am changing his diaper - I always wash with soap and water first.
I am going to see a Urologist - what kind of tests should I ask him to run?

Hello - thanks for asking your question.

Without examining you it is impossible to say what you have.

Here are some thoughts to your questions:
1) It is possible that it is HPV, although painful urination is not normally associated with genital warts.  Prostatitis is certainly a more likely possibility.
2) Nothing is ever impossible, but it sounds unlikely.  However, you never know where that hand has been.  If there were bodily fluids on the hand, then yes it is possible.
3) If you are washing your hands and maintaining general cleanliness, then it is very unlikely that you can pass an STD while changing diapers.
4) I would test the urine and be evaluate for prostatitis.  You have already been tested for STDs and a UTI.  I would consider obtaining prostatic secretions from prostatic massage for culture.  If the infectious route is non-revealing, you may want to consider a cystoscopy to evaluate for any anatomical abnormalities (i.e. stricture or polyp) that can cause discomfort when urinating.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0