Penis pains
Dear doctor. I am very concerned about continuing problems with Penis pain. I am a 35 year old man and have had this on and off at different points for about 4 years. It feels almost like a cold feeling like there is grit inside my urehtra. And almost like I expect it to burn when I urinate but it doesn't. I have no discharge and no signs of anything. I am in a long term relationship with my partner of 7 years and we are both faithful.

When I had these pains before I had an ultrasound as I was getting testicular pain too; all was ok. Last year I had the same penis pains in the summer and went to the doctor who tested for UTIs and also chlamydia, all were negative, the doctor said he thought the symptoms were due to anxiety as I have been on antidepressants for anxiety/OCD for many years. As soon as tests came back pains started to dissapear.

Four months ago I started getting blood in my semen and also very bad anal pain after ejaculation. I went to the doctor and was given ciprofloxacin for 10 days at 500mg. The blood stopped. Tests showed that there was no UTI present.

A month ago the penis pains returned. Again just a horrible feeling inside but no pain or burning when urinating and no discharge. It goes after a hot bath, and also seems to become better after a bowel movement for some reason. Also gets worse as day goes on.

This is really getting me down and I just want it to go. Does anyone know what it is.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes that may need to be considered include recurrent GU infections, inflammations, neuro-muscular issues, trauma/ injuries, calculi, growths/ masses, ulcers/ erosions, referred pain from other regions etc. Unfortunately there is little help that we would be able to provide online in the situation. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist or a urologist for a detailed evaluation. After a specific cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!