Urology Community
Perineal burning - wosre when sitting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Perineal burning - wosre when sitting

Hi. I'm a 36 year old male with an ache / burn in my perineum which is worse when sitting .(not high pain level, just ache), almost feels like a lump there when sitting but no lump when felt. I did have some ache in the testicles and groin but this has now largely gone.. could this be an infection like prostatitis?  If so , how long can this last?

I have no problem with urination (either starting or stopping) and no pain on ejaculation..No fever / temperature.. no blood in urine / semen.

I visited my doctor who thought prostate trouble unlikely but did not perform a rectal exam , just examined the perineum / testicle area. (found nothing untoward in testicles)

Can you help as to what this may be. I do play sport quite regularly , are there muscles / tendons in the perineum area that could be affected?  Or is this more likely infection?

I'd be grateful for your feedback.

Thank you.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have almost similar problem. Why noone is replying to above Q ????
Blank
I have the same problem when i cough.  i notice it happen more when i'm sitting.  I saw a doctor, got an ultrasound, and they offered nothing helpful.  i feel like one day when i cough the pain might not go away and i won't even be able to walk.  I wish someone would answer the question too.
Blank
I have the same exact symptoms! except no lump or anything... its so confusing.  They treated me for gonorrhea and chlamydia, but it doesn't seem to be that...

Did you find anything out?
Blank
I'm a 40 year old male with an ache / burning sensation  in my perineum which is worse when sitting.
I was examined by my doctor and also did lab test but all results proved negative.

Request your feedback please I am in pains.

Thank you.
Blank
Same symptom here! Urine test negative, but keep having burning sensation in that part
Blank
If you have these symptoms with negative bacterial results, especially over a period of time, it could well be non bacterial prostatitis. It may be worth having a prostate massage (a pleasure and pain experience!) and prostate fluid analysis, so you can eliminate the possibility of a deep seated prostate infection of a resistant strain of bacteria that may not have responded to empirical (guess work) antibiotic treatment. if this again proves to be negative then non bacterial inflammation or an enlarged prostate gland (very common, especially in older people) may well be the cause. At this point, hot baths, anti inflammatory pain killers and gabapentin for more acute episodes of pain should help. Also look around the internet for dietary solutions.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...