Urology Community
Persistent Inflamed & Irritated Meatus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Viewing 401-546 comments:
Guys I think im onto something here..every post ive checked not just on this site but on others the same thing keeps coming up... ENTEROCOCCUS FAECALIS...at least 5 people on here have mentioned getting a positive test result of it after lab tests...the guy who first posted on here had the symptoms after receiving a hand job from lube "in the anus", an Italian GP has been tested positive for it on here...I think this could really be a route or an insight into peoples problems who have no luck trying to test positive for chlamydiae...only certain antibotics are used against enterococcus faecalis ...hence why metronidazole seems to have some kind of impact...i think this could have something to do with it...everyone think back to when these symptoms first started, what bought them on etc...We will discover what ever this irritation is if we logically work and think through it. Its only a chance, and obviously im not a doctor, but non of us are on this site for the fun of it! So if there is a correlation and we all get tested positive for enterococcus faecalis it could show us something.
I'll copy and paste a message I sent to someone on this thread.

Get these tests:
1. TRUS(Trans Rectal Ultrasound) - it's an ultrasound of your prostate and seminal vesicles. It's not painful but it's not comfortable either.
2. EPS - Urologist or Dr will do a prostate massage and fluid will come out of your penis and this is called prostate fluid or EPS, they then look at this fluid under a microscope to see if there are any wbc, if there's more than 10 then it means there's an infection. They should also send off the extra fluid to a lab to get cultured.
3. Semen Culture - This test is better than a urine and EPS test in that if there's anything in the prostate, this test will pick it up, specially something like Enterococcus Faecalis.

Read this guys story here, he didn't have typical prostatitis symptoms but he did have inflamed meatus like us and he tested positive to Enterococcus
http://forum.prostatitis.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=714&view=previous

You can also do a test called a broth test.
But a semen culture test is crucial.
what's a broth test?
Sorry I should have said Broth Culture(it's a urine test)
Here's a quote from a site:
"Typically, doctors take a sample of fluid from a patient and perform a "culture" in order to determine if the patient's symptoms arise from a bacterial infection. That is, they supply the necessary nutrients, provide the proper conditions, and wait to see if bacteria grow from the sample. Many years ago urine was cultured in a "broth". But in recent years, in a step to save time and money, glass plates coated with agar have become the standard medium for urine cultures. What is more, the agar plate cultures are only allowed to "grow out" for 24 to 48 hours before a pathologist looks for signs of bacterial growth, and if bacterial growth is less than a certain level, the patient is deemed not to have an infection."

This test is especially useful for those who have done semen tests and urine tests, and always find negative results at "normal" labs.  Broth cultures are much more sensitive to bacteria testing.

Here's a lab that does it in the US:
http://www.unitedmedicallab.com/brothculture.html
I'm a young 20 year old guy whos having similar issues.

I recieved oral sex twice on two consecutive days. The following 3 days, I had sex with three different girls (one on each night) with protection. By the 3rd day when I woke up, my meatus felt a bit odd but I didn't bother with it too much. All I know was that when I was about to urinate, I couldn't. Im not sure if it was a mental block or something but I just could not urinate despite.. wanting to, I suppose.

I decided to not think about it and went out. I was wearing swimming shorts and they started to irritate my meatus further as I was walking. By the time I got home, its as if it had ripped apart some of the meatus. It was inflamed, red, and looked pretty bad. It was almost as if I could see my own urinary tract. I could tell that there were some white liquid leaking as well (pre-*** looking). I am circumsized so I dont have any foreskin to protect me from friction caused by clothes.

I rested for the following night and took a 500 mg dose per day of Zithromax for 3 days. The first morning after taking it, my meatus had almost glued itself together and upon opening it, I dripped 3 drops of yellow liquid. Really odd and I started to get so worried.

After that I was however able to urinate without any issues. There was an uncomfortable feeling but not burning really. The meatus had healed itself mostly other than the fact that it had formed lips sort of. The bottom part was red and puffy, kind of outwards going. without any consultation from a doctor. I continued to take 500 mg for 2 days and I even went back after that to take a 1000 mg single dose because that was to treat Gonorrea/Chlamydia. I just wanted to be on the safe side... The reason I started with a lower dose was to make sure I wouldn't have a bad reaction to it.

A few days pass and I really have no symptoms other than that damn inflamed and irritated meatus. There is no pain. Its just red, and somewhat uncomfortable when clothes touch it. I can urinate and ejaculate. I did however catch what I believe is a cold a few days after. The back of my tongue was yellow for a period and then later white with some red bumps at the far end (taste buds probably). My tonsills swelled up, I was sneezing all the time, my nose was dripping. It got much better after a day or two and on the third day it feels completely gone. I'm not sure if it is related to my penis or not.

Ontop of that my right knee hurts a bit when I bend it and stand on it although I think it is due to extensive dancing in the night clubs rather than reactive artris or anything like that (side effect of Chlamydia). It's just that I feel a bit paranoid after this, you know? It doesnt seem to be improving or getting worse so I might get a check up on it later anyway.

Today when I woke up, it was the same as always. But I was unable to look into my urinary tract. I went to pee and that opend it fine. So yeah... I really don't know what this is. I just want it to go back to the way it used to be. The only way you can really tell that its inflamed is by using a light at it. It shows red then. There is no other symptoms such as bumps or anything...

After extensive googling and following this entire discussion along with many other. I think my case is closest to Chlamydia/Gonorrea. I left an urine sample at my clinic and was told I would recieve a call within 7 days IF it was positive. I am currently in day 2, hoping to god that they call because I would really dislike to just.. have nothing and live with this as some of you seem to be in this boat. Some of you seem to have more severe symptoms then me though.

I feel so conflicted. I have not told my parents obviously as I do not wish to worry them. It is very difficult to cope with this and I am just hoping that the phone will call so that I can get some extra treatment that will give me some hope. It truly feels as if the tip is just not changing. Its not getting worse nor is it getting better. It's been 3 weeks since the symptom started...
Also the 2 oral sex I recieved was UNprotected.
Enterococcus is a common bacteria found in UTI(urinary tract infection) in women. There are other bacterias also found in UTI in women like E.coli, streptococci and others. My friend said he got Prostatitis from his ex girlfriend who had a UTI the night they had sex cause she admitted to having UTI. As some of you know Enterococcus is a bacteria that is found in the intestines of humans and it's harmless but it belongs in the intestines and it does not belong outside of the intestines. So as you can see why it causes UTI when it makes its way into the Urinary Tract and you can imagine what it does to our meatus or Prostate or other genital organs. The only test that can find these bacteria is a Broth Culture test. A semen culture test is able to pick it up too but a Broth Culture test would definitely pick it up.
@ forever 93

The white/yellow tongue might have been a symptom of a yeast/candida infection.  There's a lot of discussion on boards like this one about the possibility of the swollen Meatal lips being the result of that. Men can get yeast infections on their Penis from oral or vaginal sex. No one has ever reported a definitive diagnosis of it or any other definite cause which is why these boards continue on without any resolution.  

But your white/yellow tongue should definitely push you towards investigating yeast. Not many men have reported that symptom on these boards.
Means a lot to get an answer. Thanks man.. I've been battling this alone for some time and it is so hard.

Yeast huh? Hm.. although the yellow/white was liquid. Pus I think you call it. Aside from some white/semen looking liquid that came sometimes, I only had yellow pus after taking Zithromax and waking up in the morning (3 drops fell out and that was that). I no longer have any liquid coming out now.

My theory was that I had Chlam/Gon and that made the meatus sensitive. I then walked around in swiming shorts that ripped apart the meatus a bit. Now the STI is gone but the meatus wont like.. ever go back I think. It feels the same but I can tell it isnt the same.

It doesnt feel like I have any sickness currently. Here are two images of how it was after walking and ripping it apart:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/t34.0-12/10000274_10152228893359780_1883871272_n.jpg?oh=d449278161ccb6ae21e1e627e66112a3&oe=5325C415&__gda__=1394981745_abf9ef23eb51c5548069eef8f8db8fea

Here is how it is currently:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/v/t34.0-12/1980625_10152228894614780_397007361_n.jpg?oh=d3d3595a839ab2b0f045207a6e5e6510&oe=532637F5&__gda__=1394989418_2c27f377f53c4dc82706a16d992db4ec

As you can tell, there's like lips that have been made. And I notice each morning how when I urinate, the lips are like stuck together a bit (i assume from there being some leftover urine/semen after urination/ejaculation). So the first urination is a bit annoying because it *opens* and then I can relax somewhat.
@TornMeatus
Oh **** I see you mention the tongue as in the tongue of my mouth haha. Sorry about that. Yeah you might be right! It's currently gone now. I recieved a cold but I am recovering well from it. The back of my tongue is a bit white but barely anymore. I will look into yeast, thanks!
@TornMeatus
Been searching a bit for it, I don't really think it is yeast since it went away within 1-2 days on its own and I had been feeling a bit sour/acid in my stomach (you know how you sometimes bring that up from the stomach to your throat kinda?). But I assume its due to high alcohol consumption, irregrular brushing (I forgot for a brief period lol) and eating poorly in general etc.

Feel much better now that I'm at home. I remember when I got it, I did have a tingling feeling and so on. None of that exists now. Its just as if the meatus wont heal... Its.. swollen.

I had been to Thailand for two weeks hence all of this. Once I got home I also decided to go for a run which was probably not the best thing to do as I caught the cold shortly after. SO many poor decisions...

But yeah, to me it feels like the only real symptom is the lips on my meatus and it does not seem to change at all. Still four or so more days as I wait for a call to confirm if I have any Chlam/Gon. After that I will call the clinic and get an appointment for a Dermatologist on the 27th.

The swollen lips lead to semen/urine remaining like a taaad so it becomes sticky in the morning as well as make the start of urination be a bit annoying. How I wish I could revert things..
I have taken so many broad spectrum antibiotics - that whatever minimal infection I now have left - after doing the prostatic massage - is very, very, small.
Things I am happy about:
No pain after masturbation in my side anymore
My side does not hurt sporadically like it used to
Meatus looks 'almost' normal
Meatus no longer 'raised' after masturbation

Things I am unhappy about:
Meatus still slightly pink
Slight pinching pain felt 2 days ago near meatus tip this died down
Foreskin slightly 'different' to what it originally was
Pink red line stretching from meatus tip down 2cm to spongesium

The most success I have had so far was with Lymecycline 7 days on 10 days off 7 days on again, doses I took were: 2 x 408mg in the morning 2 x 408mg at night.
This was a very high antibiotic dosage and was borderline of what was recommended (1600mg/day).

Now, I am still unsatisfied, but I can live my life better - much better after all these antibiotics - I think it is possible to live like this now.

I will pursue further tests in the oncoming weeks for ENTEROCCUS FAECALIS and STAPHYLOCCUS to determine if this is the problem - AMPICILLIN seems to be what my urologist recommends for either.

I think what helped the most were the prostate massages in combination with the antibiotics.
I have an appointment tomorrow with my GP whom I will tell about getting diagnosed for enteroc/staphy and we will see what comes of it.
Currently I have to stay off antibiotics for 2 MONTHS and feel confident enough to do so without any serious pains.

Thanks guys for helping me through this nightmare so far - If it wasn't for turkoporto suggesting some things, help0384907, and the rest of you guys, I'd still be knocking my head against a wall.
I'm so glad I started posting when I did.
will let you know how things go with the tests in the next 7 days.
@rbaker
So happy for you dude. Let us know how it progresses! May it go all the way back to the way it was
thanks pal...
so I went to the GP, short version: I grabbed 10 urine sample bottles from the lady at the desk and labelled them. I know that this is a sample problem - because Lymecycline basically got rid of the problem, and then it came back.
Given my blood in my urine, and infection indicates that....
I'm probably using the wrong antibiotic!

So for the next 2 days I will be giving samples of 'urine' fresh in the morning with some sperm sample to ensure that I can catch this bacteria.
1)Since it is a low lying infection.
2)Since Chlamydia/Enteroccus Faecalis/Staph. are difficult to detect
3) Since I have blood in my urine indicating an infection
4) Since I've got pain in my ureter leading to my right kidney
5) Since Lymecycline 1.6g/day eradicated it
6) Since it then came back a week later

I think I have a bacterial low lying infection, that isn't getting sampled properly. I think TEN bottles should do it.
I feel sorry for the lab dealing with all that urine
Archie from Beirut
Rbaker, my urethritis is basically gone. I noticed it go away after I began taking vitamins and anti candida pills. I still have pain in my kidneys occasionally as well as very bright yellow urine and I'm starting to notice joint pain, I'm not sure if it's just because I've been working out hard and my mind is playing tricks on me, but it's freaking me out. I too can live like this though. It is nothing like it once was. I am so happy. I can't even begin to explain the relief. It has been like this for close to a month now.
hey guys i just wana ask while you had this "HORRIBLE" thing, did you engaged in sex with others? Did they also get anything like this?
Since I got this thing I have received unprotected oral from a girl i met at a bar, who swallowed my ***. We did something again (unprotected oral, she swallowed again, and protected vaginal intercourse). This was about a year ago and we are still friends. She hasn't told me she has gotten anything.
The other one I had was unprotected vaginal intercourse with a girl who I was dating. We did it three-four times in a few weeks. She has since moved to another state but we still stay in touch.
I never thought this could be an infection till I read this forum. So now I am worried if I go out with someone I might give it to them :(
When I told that to my urologist, he said: "Give what? You don't have anything".
Thanks once again fellas :)
Today some of the symptoms of Urethritis came back along with light headedness and jaw pain. It's so weird. I don't know if they are related. I'm such a healthy guy. I have no idea where all these symptoms would be coming from.
I too have been experiencing similar problems. My penis head always seems to be wet and my urethra is sometimes stibgs inside this shaft. I was treated for chylmadia in January, but even when I wasn't sexually active the burning sensation was still there. When I went back to having sex (unprotected) it feels that the penis Is extra sensitive and I ejaculate very quickly. Anybody know what the possibilities are?
awesome. me too! I'm so glad you're fighting and winning too. My urethritis is gone too now. Meatus lips are mildly worse, almost unnoticeable -> provided I take cranberry pills and probiotic multivitamins!!! I think we're almost over the hurdle now, we just have to keep going and maintain testing / antibiotic doses if it gets worse.
*** joint pain, I also had joint pain.
If it's so hard to detect STD's with these people.......I labelled all my bottles: enterococcus faecalis, staphylococcus, and Genitourinary Tuberculosis. As those are the things not tested for so far. my money's on Enterococcus Faecalis.

jaw pain? could it your lymph nodes? I remember reading something about homeostasis lymphatic nodes getting affected by Ghonnorea? I don't know...test..test..test..keep sampling your tests religiously every morning after a twelve hour sleep..... put sticky note labels on your test samples for the ones not usually tested for. (so they'll test for ghonnorea, syphillis (syphilis), chlamydia, hiv) what they don't test for is: Enterococcus faecalis, Staphylococcus, Genitourinary Tuberculosis, Mycoplasma Genitalium, Ureaplasma Genitalium, Trichomoniasis. I am labelling my samples one by one, eliminating the odds. 10 sample bottles. 10 PERFECT urine specimens. That Laboratory Technician won't screw up with post-it notes telling him what to test for.
urethritis is gone today. so is jaw pain. It seems to only happen at night. It's not my nodes, it's my jaw muscles on the right and left side. It's seriously strange... I'll get tested soon, the thing is I don't really know where I should go to get these tests ran. A Urologist? A hospital?
you take them to your GP (general practitioner) who then sends them off to an independent laboratory for culture testing...otherwise, you take them to a microbiology laboratory / or a Genitourinary Clinic Laboratory.
What are your symptoms? The urologist told me the same thing. I'd like to compare. Thanks.
hey there. well honestly all the symptom i've had is meatus being red, and one side of the inside of meatus being bigger than other. sometimes, If i poke the inside of meatus, it hurts a bit. i noticed the whole thing one night when i was wearing these really rough shorts with no underwear, and was horny as hell sexting with my ex-gf. The whole time i was rubbing my penis against the shorts and it start to hurt but i kept going at it (STUPID). Then I masturbated with baby lotion which, after I was done burnt like hell (DONT MASTURBATE WITH THAT). then the next day, again sexting in the god-damned shorts, and again feeling my meatus was getting really really sensitive! and next day i ran in same shorts with no underwear, and my meatus was rubbing against them again and feeling really really sensitive. I should have stopped but kept going.
Since then it became part of my life (around three years ago). I never thought it could be some STI till i came to this forum and then i freaked out! In fact the first time i read here this could be some infection I got from having sex, anxiety took over me. I went to get tested on a friday so the whole weekend I was waiting on my test results, I was freaking out. I could not eat properly, my penis really felt was about to fall cuz every time I walked I am thinking about it rubbing against my pants. Any bit of itch or cough I had I thought it was a symptom of some HIV or STD or something. Basically THE worst weekend of my life!
That was two weeks ago and I still think I haven't completely recover from that. I will submit a broth culture test (probably next week) and see if they can find any bectaria, etc.
Sorry for the long story lol. Basically even if I have just a trauma, I would rather get checked for everything then not do that. My girlfriend has been very supportive during this whole time and has gotten checked herself and says she is ok. And when I asked her if she and I can get checked every few months to make sure we are good, she refused saying that by doing that she will just be feeding my anxiety. lol
So either way I will keep making sure I get regular check ups but I have stopped thinking about it 24/7 like I used to about 2 weeks ago. So I feel much better now :P
has anyone gone to a military hospital? I know the soldier boys always get STD's and there's a 'scraping' method (of the prostate) that is done (not allowed in civilian hospitals) to get rid of prostatic infections. Found this out from a friend in the Lebanese Armed Forces.
Where are you getting your broth culture done at?
i will send them to that lab in virginia you mentioned in your previous posts. I was planning to send it next week but am not 100% sure if i will be able to now because i have to relocate. But will keep everyone here informed of my results etc.
http://www.99eyao.com/english/p/p284.htm

Has anyone thought of trying this? Its very expensive but might be worth it if it works.
dude, I'm spending that $500 on hiring a laboratory technician out to analyze PCR tests and analyze which bacteria those are.
yeah but even if u figure out what the bacteria is you still gotta find a cure.. which seems impossible. this *****. im only 19.
treatment with antibiotics is the easier part - most of us on this forum are stuck because we don't know what the infection is.
so is it prostatitis? were just trying to find out what kind of prostatitis? and didnt you say you have chlamidia? are you just trying to figure out what else you might have?
The thing I don't get is, porn stars that do anal, how come they don't get infected with any of these pathogens that is found in the feces like Enterococcus, E.coli and Staphylococcus epidermidis. How come there isn't an outbreak of these infections in the gay community. These pathogens belong in the gut/intestines and it becomes an infection when it's found outside of the gut.

Also, when one is infected with these pathogens, and one takes antibiotics as a treatment, then wouldn't the antibiotics first kill off the ones in the gut/intestines first before it treats the ones in the genital organs.
Alright so.. Chlam and Gonorrea urine test came back negative. Guess thats a relief.

I think it might be the trauma that caused this. After sex the tip was irritated. I walked in swim shorts with fishnets in them that really scraped the meatus and scarred it.

My current symptoms are really just:
1)The meatus has lips to it, they are very hard to tell unless you use a flashlight. Then you can tell its red and somewhat out-wards going

2)To some extent: Sometimes, I feel that the stream is really strong and I kind of hold back a little. I guess its better if i go quite often to urinate so I dont have such a strong stream. Its a bit annoying and im scared of popping something so I restrain the stream a biiit. Generally touching the meatus and opening feels a bit stiff/sore kind of.

3)Upon urinating and ejaculation which I do fine aside from that restraining the strong stream sometimes: Theres still some wetness to the meatus. Obviously it feels as if its normal for the uethra to be wet after it and since the meatus is outgoing: I assume thats why the tip looks like its wet after urination. I can sometimes avoid it but it requires me to really clean and massage my penis after ejac/urination. It doesnt really drip or anything but its wet and annoying. At a few points if I dont clean it well: Its as if the semen from ejaculation even glues my tip together and urinating after a while in the mornings is a bit annoying because the stream like takes a bit to start and it "opens" the glued lips.

I have an appointment with a dermatologist on Thursday. Will update with how that goes...

I really think theres nothing wrong other than the fact that I have caused trauma to my opening. Something I think is highly possible to have been the case of Chlamydia or maybe just the regular scarring by walking with a sensitive meatus. I treated myself before I went to the doctor and did the urine test so maybe I healed myself in that 2 weeks timeframe.

I think the case of many people here is some sort of trauma, wether its just STI or not: I think it leaves a permanent scar.

It is possible to live like this I feel. I can have sex and do all the normal things, but it is DIFFERENT. I guess it will serve as a reminder that I am mortal and that I need to be careful. I got this two-three days after unprotected oral sex. I also had protected sex with three ladies the following days. So either I catched something that I healed or the tip just got sensitive from all that action. It eventually got teared by my clothes and it healed to how well it could. I dont think it will ever go back fully and that is OK.. I suppose.

I hope however that I am wrong and that it can infact return to its old state.. as unlikely as it feels. I mean it has been a month now.. Sigh.
Do a semen culture.
If you can get an EPS(Prostate fluid culture) also.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>something that is helping me recover after 2 yrs chlamydia + (something else...ureaplasma?)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Results:
1) Pain in side gone after 3 days
2) Meatus no longer has 'cuts' on it (woohoo!)
how:
take 2 x cranberry pills + 2 x probiotic multivitamins every day.
1) 1 tsp cinnamon
2) 1 tsp tumeric
3) 1 tsp diomaceious earth
heat in a microwave for 1minute, dilute with cold water. drink the whole cup's contents, re-rinse and drink. Then try it again in the evening.
I did this twice a day. so far, the results are great, I can feel the pain in my side relieving, my meatus is almost ok again. prostate stinging sensation has stopped.
I have a theory* these are toxins. These toxins are dead cells that cause blockages and remnants of cystitis. I read about it as an old 'problem solver' for men with pain in their prostate.
This is working. Tumeric is used by Indians as a wound disinfectant
best regards
Archie
anyone else get the feeling its hard to ejaculate? like your **** kinda gets soft before the end?
Look guys. let's start with the process of elimination by symptoms. here are the possibilities. LET'S WORK IT OUT TOGETHER.

There are 3 types of std.
bacterial, viral, and parasitic.

bacterial:
Chancroid
Chancroid is caused by a type of bacteria called Haemophilus ducreyi.  It is almost always spread through sexual contact.
Chlamydia
It is most commonly sexually transmitted. Chlamydia can infect the penis, vagina, cervix, anus, urethra, eye, or throat.
Gonorrhea (‘The Clap’)

Lymphogranuloma Venereum (LGV) is a chronic (long-term) infection of the lymphatic system caused by three different types of the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis.

Mycoplasma Genitalium is a bacterium that can infect the urethra, cervix, throat and anus.
Mycoplasma genitalium is often associated with bacterial vaginosis (BV) and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) in women, and is a common cause of non-gonococcal urethritis in men. It has only recently been identified as a sexually transmitted infection (STI).

Nongonococcal Urethritis (NGU)

NGU (Nongonococcal Urethritis) is an infection of the urethra caused by pathogens (germs) other than gonorrhea. Pathogens that can cause NGU include but are not limited to: Chlamydia (most common), Herpes simplex virus (rare), & Mycoplasma genitalium.

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) occurs when bacteria moves from the vagina or cervix into the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, or pelvis.

Most cases of PID are due to the bacteria that causes chlamydia and gonorrhea.

Syphilis

Syphilis is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum. It has often been called ‘the great imitator’ because so many of the signs and symptoms are indistinguishable from those of other diseases.

Syphilis is passed from person to person through direct contact with a syphilis sore through vaginal, anal, or oral sex.

Vaginitis (BV, Yeast, Etc.) - Can also be viral and parasitic

Vaginitis can affect women of all ages and is extremely common.

It can be caused by bacteria, yeasts, viruses, and other parasites. Some sexually transmitted infections (STIs) can also cause vaginitis, as can various chemicals found in bubble baths, soaps, and perfumes. Environmental factors such as poor hygiene and allergens may also cause this condition.

VIRAL LIST:

Viral STD List:

Cytomegalovirus

An extremely common herpes-type virus, CMV infects more than half of all adults in the US by the age of 40.

Genital Warts / Human Papillomavirus (HPV)

The Guttmacher Institute reports that nearly 3 out of every 4 Americans between the ages of 15 and 49 have been infected with HPV at some point in their lives, and some studies show that at least 1/3 of all sexually active young adults have genital HPV infections.

Hepatitis (A, B, & C)

Hepatitis A, B, and C are viruses that destroy the liver.

Hepatitis B is the form of hepatitis most commonly spread through sexual activity.

Herpes (HSV1 & HSV2)

About 1 in 5 people in the US over age 12 is infected with HSV2 – the strain of the herpes virus that most commonly causes genital herpes, although, most are unaware they have it.

HIV (AIDS)

Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a type of virus called a retrovirus that changes a cell’s DNA.

Acquired immunodeficiency syndrom (syndrome) (AIDS) is an acquired syndrome, or a group of symptoms, that is caused by infection with HIV.

Molluscum Contagiosum

Molluscum contagiosum is a relatively common viral infection of the skin.

Though most common in children, molluscum contagiosum can affect adults as well — particularly those with weakened immune systems. In adults, molluscum contagiosum involving the genitals is considered a sexually transmitted infection (STI).

Mononucleosis (‘Mono’)

Mononucleosis is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and is a member of the herpes virus family and one of the most common human viruses.

The virus occurs worldwide, and most people become infected with EBV sometime during their lives. In the US, as many as 95 percent of adults between 35 and 40 years of age have been infected.

Vaginitis (BV, Yeast, Etc.) – Can also be bacterial and parasitic

Bacterial Vaginosis, Urinary Tract Infections, and Yeast Infections are genital infections which straddle the STD boundaries because they are genital, and sometimes sexually transmitted or exacerbated by sexual activity, but they often can, and do, occur without a person having had any sex at all.

PARASITIC:

Intestinal Parasites

Intestinal parasites are microscopic, one-cell animals called protozoa. They infect the intestines.

Intestinal parasites are often transmitted by contaminated food and water and during nonsexual, intimate contact. They may also be transmitted sexually.

Pubic Lice

Pubic Lice are small, six-legged creatures that infect the pubic hair area and lay eggs.

Infestation is found mostly in teenagers and usually spreads during sexual activity.

Scabies

Scabies is an easily spread skin disease caused by a very small species of mite.

Scabies is spread by skin-to-skin contact with another person who has scabies.

Trichomoniasis

Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the parasite Trichomonas vaginalis.

Transmission includes penis-to-vagina, intercourse, or vulva-to-vulva contact. The parasite cannot survive in the mouth or rectum.

Vaginitis (BV, Yeast, Etc.) – Can also be viral and bacterial

It can be caused by bacteria, yeasts, viruses, and other parasites.

Some sexually transmitted infections (STIs) can also cause vaginitis, as can various chemicals found in bubble baths, soaps, and perfumes. Environmental factors such as poor hygiene and allergens may also cause this condition.

THAT'S - -- - - - -IT.

I am going through the process of elimination.
Bear in mind: Most STD's come in 'combined' pattern of 2 or 3. (ghonnorea+chlamydia+trichomoniasis) another common one is (Bacterial Vaginosis+NGU) etc.

I will work my way through this list with my doctor. I urge you to work through these TESTS labelling the samples every week, for god's sake, stay-off-antibiotics when you do the tests.
Archie from Beirut, Leb.
It's not going to be hard to eliminate this. looking back at the antibiotics I took. It is the one that the normal azythromycine,doxycycline,ciprofloxocine,metronidazole,lymecycline didn't work on. that leaves it narrowed down to 2 or 3 peculiar infections needing ''ceftriaxone'' and other irregular antibiotics.
Just some more hard to find info on the reality of Chlamydia.
---
The urinary tract will be firstly infected by chlamydia. Men with urinary infection would have the symptoms of chlamydial urethritis, such as frequent urination, urgent urination, burning micturition, or dysuria. If chlamydial urethritis is not cured timely, that's to say, chlamydia doesn't turn negative, the prostate will be infected. Chlamydia stimulates the prostate gland, which will lead to edema and hypertrophy in the prostate and decrease in lecithin, and the patients will have the symptoms from both of urethritis and prostatitis. The main clinical manifestations of chlamydial prostatitis include testicular pain, perineum bulge, lower abdominal distension, ejaculation pain, dripping white, blood sperm, low survival rate of sperm, nonliquefaction of semen, etc.. Chronic nonbacterial prostatitis causes will be different. Since male urethra, the prostate gland, seminal vesicle, and epididymal interlinked, men with chlamydial prostatitis often have chlamydial urethritis, chlamydial epididymitis or chlamydial seminal vesiculitis. The infection of seminal vesicles and testes by chlamydia will affect the quality of the sperms and semen, leading to decline in vitality of the sperms, dead sperms, oligospermia and azoospermia. And the rate of the deformity of the sperms will be increased. Since the prostate gland is very close to seminal duct and seminal vesicle, and the ejaculatory ducts enter the prostate gland from the upper part of the gland, and ending in the gland, the infection of the proatate gland by chlamydia will affect sexual function. And it can also lead to azoospermia due to obstruction in seminal duct. Male chlamydial prostatitis could be complicated by epididymitis, orchitis, male infertility. Therefore, chlamydial prostatitis is the main cause of infertility and sexual dysfunction in men. Freezing Weather lighting to assist you to life-threatening, several will not fix, individuals meds might possibly be overdue or even extremely, prostatitis also. But Yet up to keep excellent state of mind, neither panic or hate, ill precious time, in watch this providers normal, prosperous remedy, signs and symptoms obtain gone concerns and consequently job application purely natural lifetime.Explanation it is so trouble-free a minimal amount of disease, tricky challenging to be remedied?

Diagnosis of prostatitis usually involves a complete medical history and physical examination, including a Digital Rectal Examination (DRE) to check the prostate for tenderness. A test may also be performed to detect white blood cells and/or bacteria in the urine and semen. Chlamydia Culture. The McCoy cells, Hela-229 cells and BHK cells are sensitive to Chlamydia trachomatis. Of them, the McCoy cells is most commonly used. Once the incubated McCoy cells are stained by monoclonal fluorescent antibody, the diagnosis of the disease would be quickly made out. Chronic nonbacterial prostatitis can be tricky to tend as it's in most cases tricky to determine the acted reasons. The sensitivity of the culture is as high as 80% -90%. And once the chlamydia cultures are positive, the diagnosis would be confirmed. Chlamydia is a very special kind of free-living bacteria. Chlamydia is unlike other bacteria or virus because it has no cell walls and therefore must live inside cells. Chlamydia is unlike viruses because it can live in cultures outside of cells and can be killed by certain antibiotics. However, chlamydia cannot be killed by most antibiotics, as most antibiotics work by damaging a bacteria's cell wall. Chlamydia can be killed by antibiotics such as the tetracyclines or erythromycins that do not act on a cell wall. As many patients with chlamydia infection couldn't be completely cured by Western medicine, they will become the carriers of chlamydia for life.
If I'm on doxycycline 100 mg a day how long should I stop taking it before I get tested?
found out from my uro that you need to be off antibiotics between 2 weeks and 3 months. I'm staying off antibiotics for 1.5 months and submitting tests.
hi rbaker
I browsed this thread (skimmed, not in detail) and noted you said you were initially neg on Chlamydia and then came up positive with the juicing thing later
Could I ask
a. What sort of chlamydia screening was done, normally it is based on serum antibody (anti chlamydia)
b. When you were told you are neg on (all) STD test, did you hv sex.. during such time. Perhaps you got chlamydia at the later period of affliction?
I didn't have any sexual intercourse in between antibiotic doses for the last year, I understood I had an STD and did not want to pass it onto my wife. This was persistence, not recurrence. in my case anyway. couldn't convince any uro this was the case until lately, now my uro believes me, but sadly this infection is lingering.
look this guy's got the same thing, and another 14 posters on medhelp have 'lingering chlamydia'': http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Lingering-Chlamydia-after-Treatment/show/2132247#post_comment
Archie in beirut.
Hv you read CPNHELP website.. google cpnhelp.  Might have some info useful. Also PMC article .. PMC2907099.
@rbaker
What symptoms do you currently have? And what symptoms did you have at your best time?

Currently all I have is swelling on the lower tip that forms like a V. You can tell its inflamed/a bit red when you hold light over it, otherwise its hard to tell.

This leads to 4 symptoms for me:

1) Its difficult to tell when you just look at it plain, but once you use a light you can tell its red and a bit outwards/puffy going. It looks kind of inflamed and raised. I am sure my tip before was more inwards going as in concave rather than convex as it seems now. It feels a bit uncomfortable when it comes in contact with clothes but it is managable. When I generally put pressure on the glans (glands) by like opening the tip of the meatus then I can kind of feel some stiffness and pain.

2) This leads to whenever I urinate or ejaculate (both of which I do fine with a strong stream) make the tip become wet. After urination or ejaculation, I have to massage the shaft and move around a bit to get everything out. Otherwise the tip will be wet when I look at it later. It wont really drip as far as I can tell. Moreso it feels logical that the uethra tube is wet after whatever action I do and with the meatus being outwards going: It somewhat appears wet once I move around a bit. This makes cleaning myself down there be a longer process than what it used to be. This is something that is rather annoying. I also started washing myself after urination and ejaculation but this has led to dry skin around some part of the shaft and meatus. It is especially noticable if I masturbate (I never use lubricant either). I am trying to decrease this in order to let the skin heal.

3) From time to time, with ejaculation I believe: In the mornings (this has happenend twice in one month), my meatus will be glued shut. I believe if I dont clean it well, the semen will make the lips of the meatus stick to each other. I try to open it but it is difficult. Upon urinating, it shortly pauses and I feel it open which is a very odd feeling. This has happenend twice this month.

4) Lastly but certainly not least: I feel that my urinary stream is rather strong and that I have to somewhat hold it back. Otherwise it causes some pain at the tip of the penis once I let it go fully. It is almost as if the tip of the penis is sore and/or maybe even too narrow for the strong stream. It is also possible that the pain is actually inside the uethra rather than being on the outside.

Is it possible that the urinary test for Chlamydia that I took roughl 2 weeks after, that was negative: Was faulty?
Im curious of your story.. how did it start? Was it right after an encouner.. how many partners hv you ever been in contact with .. I have read quite a number of cases in various posts of unresolved issue affecting  meatus.. just trying to make a sense out of it from clues
If you mind sharing< was it CSW(s) that you encountered in Thai.. that might give some hint on the issue.
Symptoms I currently have:

burning in my side.
swollen meatus that is sometimes (once a week) glued shut.
the foreskin is 'slightly' pink on one side (purplish)
burning in my prostate once every 3 days.

3) I too am cleaning my penis, and wetting it in salt water once every 2 days to get rid of any latent infections.
4) I don't have your problem with urinary flow hurting so can't say.

actually, another guy on here, just told me that he was diagnosed positive with pseudomonas....
try testing for that?
Chlamydia is in fact persistent when not treated immediately, this leads to the scandalous news that Urology Clinics are probably releasing people back into society still with Chlamydia. Oh well. Now I know I need $3,000's worth of antibiotics. fml.

http://health.usf.edu/nocms/publicaffairs/now/pdfs/Carter_Arthritis&Rheumatism_May2009.pdf

http://ard.bmj.com/content/64/3/512.2.full

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2907099/

http://www.cpnhelp.org/
did u test for all those other things yet? any results?
Yeah I tested positive for Pseudomonas in the mouth but I don't think it's related to any of the crap in the genitals.. Is it? I only noticed it 2 months ago and I've had all the other problems for over 15 months now so I don't think it's related but I could be wrong.. Anyone else know if it's related or what Pseudomonas even is??
I have been suffering with many of these symptoms. Do any of you ever get this blue discharge stuff?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=zk0pl0&s=8

Does anyone know what Pseudomonas is and how to get rid of it??
ive also noticed my semen is very wattery and barley white at all.
here you go buddy.
this is you. (pseudomonas)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC172733/
that's another one on pseudomonas treatment with ciprofoloxacin http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3804900
Chlamydia Pos+ sufferers:

LYMECYCLINE has taken my infection down to a minimum (unprecedented). This seems to have had the best result out of all the antibiotics I took so far. For those of you suffering from Chlamydia.

The other thing is, Chlamydia is going to stay persistently in my system without a secondary dose of lymecycline, which I will go for after my tests.
Hpv worries me cause all of us say we've been tested for all stds. But that's not true cause they don't test men for hpv.
With that in mind, there are a couple of new tests that came out and will become the new standard hpv screening test for women.
http://www.healthline.com/health-news/women-hpv-test-could-replace-annual-pap-test-031814
Then there's this one too:
http://www.cepheid.com/en/cepheid-solutions-uk/clinical-ivd-tests/sexual-health/xpert-hpv

Normally these tests are for women ONLY!  BUT, since your family are Doctors and you have a friend who works in a lab, can you get one of these tests for yourself? I think with your connections, it should be possible and if you can, can you please let us know cause I want to get this test so as to definitely know if Hpv is involved or not. I just want to rule out Hpv. Please, can you find out.
I got my semen culture results back and thank God I got a copy of the report, I just noticed right now thanks to a friend of mine who asked to tell him what it says on the report which I missed. This is what it says on the report:
"Notes: NO BACTERIA SEEN
Notes: COMMENSAL FLORA"
I can't believe I missed this part, I guess the Doctor's finger was on it as he was pointing to the no bacteria part. I've been advocating and insisting on here for you guys to get a semen culture or better yet a broth culture. A broth culture will detect gut flora pathogens and it will be on the report. Unlike a semen culture, if pathogens like gut flora(Enteroccocus, E.coli, etc...) are found, most labs just ignore this as they believe gut flora are harmless and in my case thank God I was lucky for the lab to at least mention that gut flora was found in my semen. Like I said, most labs consider gut flora to be harmless so when it's found in your semen culture, they don't write it on the report at all.
Now I will have to do a broth culture to find out which pathogens I'm dealing with. Gut Flora bacterias don't belong in the prostate, hence they should't be referred to as gut flora or commensal flora for that matter but instead should be referred to as pathogens.
The most recent result abt chlamydia is saying that persistence is due to autoinoculation from the infected person itself, where Chlamydia resides in the gut and stays there. Azithromycin could eradicate the genital infection, but with the same dosage, in the same model organism (mouse), the chlamydia just stays there!. It has been known so long that Chlamydia can stay in the gut in the veterinary science, only now we are realising that Chlamydia could possibly be in the gut and stay there and could possibly cause reinfection.
I wonder those who had irriation after sexual contact, might be due to Chlamydia introduction or what. Although HPV could also be a culprit/additional agent excaberating the situation

Google pubmed : chlamydia persistence
Article of interest (although long winded)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24624366

My only unanswered question :  Chlamydia is routinely scanned in standard STD test, IgG and IgM for chlamydia is included to see recent and previous infections

So, if there is chlamydia in the gut, it must be that at least one of the antibodies MUST come up positive

But I see no where in any articles discussion abt persistence addressing such question
http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/chlamydia-treatment-100-percent-effective
this says doxycycline is 97 percent effective to treat chlamidia. i tested negative but i was taking doxy for like 3 months for other reasons, and it helped with the burning but  i still have the redness of testcles and head. why doesnt chlamidia  always show up in std tests?
Actually doxy and other tetracyclines are known to have antiinflammatory action, so that burning may be reduced due to that feature of such AB.

Why Chlamydia doesnt show up on std test? That I m not sure., as AFAIK/I assumed the standard STD test will hv IgG and M to see previous and recent infection (blood test); so that I think if its the gut, these two should show up pos

Genital Chalmydia is said to be very effectively treated with Azithromycin
but not the gut residing one

Your burning feeling (urethritis) could also be
due to HPV, as urethritis cases have been shown to have HPV
it does not matter how Chlamydia is tested for routinely.... There are strains of Chlamydia that evade routine detection and live within the host.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3541825/

this study showed a significant reduction of symptomatic urethral infection and abdominal pain amongst nvCT-infected (Bjartling et al., 2009). This difference in symptoms would confer a selective advantage on nvCT, as patients would be less likely to seek diagnosis allowing greater opportunities for transmission. These data taken together...

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/77789303/first-reported-case-swedish-new-variant-chlamydia-trachomatis-nvct-eastern-europe-russia-evaluation-russian-nucleic-acid-amplification-tests-regarding-their-ability-detect-nvct

First Reported Case of the Swedish New Variant of Chlamydia trachomatis (nvCT) in Eastern Europe (Russia), and Evaluation of Russian Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests Regarding Their Ability to Detect nvCT

REALLY GOOD CLOSEUP PHOTOGRAPHS FOR CHLAMYDIA SUFFERERS:
http://www.std-gov.org/std_picture/chlamydia.htm
Several studies have reported resistance of chlamydial isolates to antibiotics (reviewed in reference 99). Whether these data reflect direct resistance or phenotypic resistance manifested by altered chlamydial forms is unclear. Chlamydiae are capable of developing true genotypic resistance to antibiotics in vitro. For example, C. trachomatis serovar L2 mutants isolated from cell culture after several rounds of exposure to various fluoroquinolones consistently showed a point mutation in gyrA (encoding DNA gyrase subunit A), suggesting that DNA gyrase is the primary target of these antibiotics (29). However, a recent study described C. trachomatis isolates associated with treatment failure that were resistant to multiple drugs with diverse molecular targets (doxycycline, azithromycin, and ofloxacin at concentrations above 4 μg/ml) (115). This indicated the presence of a more global resistance mechanism such as the induction of a persistent phenotype that is refractory to multiple antibiotics, for example, through membrane alterations that affect drug intake. In some cases, the explanation for resistance could be more complex; certain genotypes could confer antibiotic resistance by encouraging development of the persistent phenotype. Such a scenario seems to occur in tetracycline-resistant porcine C. trachomatis strains, which produced large aberrant RB in response to the antibiotic at 2 μg/ml (66). Could the gyrA mutations that developed in cell culture in response to fluoroquinolone exposure (29) also favor the formation of a persistent phenotype, since alterations to DNA gyrase could inhibit RB-to-EB differentiation?
http://iai.asm.org/content/72/4/1843.full
INFECTION OF CHLAMYDIA IN GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT.
(TO THOSE WHO GET FLUID FEELING/BURNING PAIN IN LOWER RIGHT QUADRANT)
Evidence from animal studies suggests that chlamydiae may persist in the gastrointestinal tract (GI) and be a reservoir for reinfection of the genital tract. We hypothesize that there may be a differential susceptibility of organisms in the GI and genital tracts. To determine the effect of azithromycin on persistent chlamydial gut infection, C57BL/6 and BALB/c mice were infected orally and genitally and treated with azithromycin (Az) orally (20, 40, or 80 mg/kg of body weight), and the numbers of chlamydiae were determined from cervix and cecal tissues. The Az concentration in the cecum and cervix was measured by high-performance liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection (HPLC-ECD). Az treatment cleared genital infection in both C57BL/6 and BALB/c mice; however, GI infection was not cleared with the same doses. HPLC data showed the presence of Az at both sites of infection, and significant amounts of Az were measured in treatment groups. However, no significant difference in Az levels between the cecum and the cervix was observed, indicating similar levels of Az reaching both sites of infection. These data indicate that antibiotic levels that are sufficient to cure genital infection are ineffectual against GI infection. The results suggest a reevaluation of antibiotic therapy for chlamydial infection.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24100498
Chlamydia Sufferers:

TRY A RECTAL SWAB FOR CHLAMYDIA INSTEAD (since it persists in the gastrointestinal tract).
In fact, there is ample evidence that become infected orally and that chlamydiae can be isolated from rectal swabs in the absence of anal intercourse. Jones and colleagues showed that may be positive in the rectum but negative in the urethra. Thus, we have proposed that chlamydiae can persist in the gastrointestinal tract and that they can be reinfected.
{*dear mod, please do not remove - these are all references - none of them lead to any forums*}
gastrointestinal chlamydia bookmarks:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0944501305000455
http://aac.asm.org/content/early/2013/10/01/AAC.01405-13.full.pdf
https://*****************/question/index?qid=20080525183613AALDMaW
http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/even-if-youve-cured-your-chlamydia-it-might-reemerge-from-your-gut-and-reinfect-you
http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/191/6/917.full
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2772348/
http://aac.asm.org/content/45/8/2198.full
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20155838
Actually the ref you quoted for the NAAT (nucleic acid test) were targeting the plasmid in Chlamydia trachomatis [CT]. That is part of CT genome.

The ELISA test for CT scanned IgG and M from the host/human that have been infected.  

In contrast, ELISA test for CT screening try to detect antibodies that have been produced by the host due to infection from CT , be it recent or non recent

I am not sure of how broad the current diagnostic test in detecting antibodies against various strains of CT; but I am quite sure it must be poly-clonal antibody(ies) to ensure good coverage

After all, the diagnostic test detecting IgG and M must hv been approved by regulatory body; I am not sure of the NAAT though indicated above.  That is the problem with NAAT, although it is very specific, it can be misleading if the strain has a mutation in the region scanned

Hi guys I have had this problem for years now and I think I found what it is, the name of the thing we have is Lichen sclerosus I found it looks really similiar to what I have what do you guys think?
Ehm, for those who think EF (E.faecalis) has a role in the problem:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=enterococcus+faecalis+prostatitis

Itseems EF is recognised as an agent for CBP ie chronic -bacterial- prostatitis.,

So those who were negative on standard STD test, and claimed that their problem is due to EF...might have only assumed that they were positive to EF ..since they claimed EF is ignored by the diangnostic lab /doc?  I am not sure if such assumption is correct, as EF [according to the above refs] -is- recognised as an agent for CBP

Check wikipedia on Lichen Sclerosis.. it says that exact cause not really known, but genetic, infection, autoimmunity are among the reasons. Note that CMV is linked to autoimmunity. HPV is also suspected to cause LS.
I was wondering, since we all have had no luck with this problem, has anyone out there had a semen culture? or any tests done on their semen?
I know i have and most of you have had every test we can think of with no positive results.
i contacted 3 professors who are researching this type of chlamydia.............................waiting for an answer....so far, lymecycline on/off 7 days on 7 days off has helped massively. I'm planning to go back on azythromycine in the next month again to get rid of the rest of the remnants. Chlamydia combination is very hard to treat.... but at least I know what it is...
what chlamidia combonation
It is unclear why a multiresistant C. trachomatis infection appeared to resolve, at least as indicated by the very sensitive PCR assay of urine, in patient 2. It may be that the phenomenon of heterotypic resistance to antibiotics seen in cell culture occurs in vivo, so that only a small percentage of infecting organisms are resistant. Perhaps the majority of the infectious organisms are susceptible to the antibiotic, and the remaining resistant organisms are sufficiently few to be either undetectable by the diagnostic test or, in most but not all cases, eradicated by the host's immune response.
====there's hope at the end of my ileum bud, according to this journal: http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/181/4/1421.full
my chlamydia strain CAN resolve itself, it seems repeated dose of doxycycline every few months eradicated the 1% bacteria that WAS persistent.
Although many of the newer quinolones, including trovafloxacin, sparfloxacin, grepafloxacin, and tosufloxacin, have equal or greater MICs for C. trachomatis, they need to be tested against an ofloxacin-resistant strain [36, 37]. Perhaps a prolonged course of therapy with a standard agent such as doxycycline or azithromycin would be effective against resistant C. trachomatis disease, because such therapy has been efficacious against C. pneumoniae infection in cases of relapse....
Anyone think this is contact dermititis? My only real symptoms are irritates tip. My meatus hurts durring the day from rubbing up on boxers. All test come back neg everytime antibiotics seem to do nothing
Here an interesting paper demonstrating that multiinfections with viruses like HPV or HSV, are responsible for masking and altering the bacteria to a culture negative state

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9973807

Unfortunately there are not routine tests available for men and one can carry the virus without showing lessions. Turkoporto has insisted in this and we must not ruleitout.
i have the same problem, its just the tip its slightly swollen sometimes pain sometimes tingling. i use a bandaid with a piece of cotton to protect it from rubbing. i test neg for everything. the girl i was with has no symptoms and her previous partners have none of the symptoms. its the weirdest s*** ever. its ruining my life
I have seen a GP, Urologist(he was helpless going to another one soon), and a Dermatologist(also helpless). I have tried doxycycline(for gon/cly), metronidazole(for trich), fluconalole(3 pills for yeast), cortisone(just a lil because it didnt help and its bad for soft skin), monistat, nystatin, and just plain aquafor(dermatologist said its just irritated). im starting to think this is caused by stress because i have been stressed the eff out this whole time. i find hard to believe this is some freak incident.
ive just been ignoring it honestly it helps a lot. sometimes it gets sore but its not terrible. wish it was normal but i doubt it ever will be again.
the chlamydia has been eradicated from my urethra. and now remains in my ILEUM. (past the colon, intestine). just-like-the-research-paper-said-about-chlamydia.
I think this is definitely chlamydia complication....
http://www.myvmc.com/symptoms/gastrointestinal-fistulas/

anorectal fistulas - ileum adheres to the bowel lining AFTER INFLAMMATION causing urinary urgency, inflammation in ileum. There you go. Another possibility.
anyone have blood workup not related to STD?
I had a regular physical with the typical blood tests associated with that which includes a white blood count test, which would result in an infection, along with a bunch of other tests on urine and blood, all my tests came back perfect.
Spoke to a Doctor today. the final conclusion I have is this:
http://iai.asm.org/content/early/2014/01/08/IAI.01244-13.full.pdf
The problem is that it is impossible for AZYTHROMYCINE to reach the following:
ILEUM, CECUM, DUODENUM, which is where the chlamydia is currently harboring inside me.

The only way to fix this, is by applying colonoscopic antibiotic, using the help of a specialist doctor. This is the only way to drive the chlamydia out according to the latest research conducted by the doctor mentioned in the pdf.
The pdf is on a site that i cannot access, is it possible for you to save it elsewhere and re-send a link to it so that i can take a look at it?
i found it, via google, it did not list a treatment, just states where it resides.
Are you trying a new treatment?
I haven't been on this thread in almost a month, because my symptoms haven't returned. I thought I would check to see how everyone else is. I was diagnosed with acute prostatitis by my doctor. Prescribed Cypro. He said the tip swelling would never go away and is common in prostatitis. The cypro didn't help, but taking vitamins and eating healthy and exercising has basically healed me. I wish you all the best.
Can i ask how long you took the Cypro for?
http://www.nature.com/mi/journal/v1/n2/full/mi200719a.html
This is the most comprehensive guideline that I have so far found for chlamydia. Please have a good read it explains how in the case of chlamydia it remains in the intestines to reinfect. Nobody-can-get-rid of chlamydia once infected.
Which vitamins are you taking that have helped you get rid of your symptoms?
Hey guys,

I've been through something very similar. Initially the doctor highly suspected an STD. I tested neg for chlamydia and gonnorhea (Gonorrhea). Took Cefixime 400mg and 10 days Doxy. The pain came back.

Got a nasty yeast infection from the antibiotics and Diflucan One cleared most of it up.

After this I had pelvic pain and painful urination/ejaculation and a strong feeling of unease in the groin area. The ER doctor had 2 possible conclusions... either it's Gonnorhea (Gonorrhea) that failed treatment (and the test) or it's Chronic Prostaitis.

He gave me a shot for Gonnorhea (Gonorrhea) and 1g of Azythromycin. After a week most of the symptoms have cleared up completely. I believe stressing out about it less has helped a lot as well. I'll see how it goes in the next weeks, if any symptoms come back I will get treated for CP.

good luck to all of you
I've been suffering from a swollen meatus that looks similar to yours for the past 18 months or so.

In hindsite, if I were you I would demand a course of antibiotics as at a minimum a prophylactic.  If they don't, say there is a recent rumor the girl might have had chlamydia.  This way regardless of what the test says, they have to treat.

I think its some sort of GC infection or other bacterial infection and Im scared to death its going to lead to mine and my wife's inability to have children over my stupid decision.
Did your meatus looking like D_ot89 photos?

Are the symptoms still totally gone?
I have a pending NAAT test (3rd one but this time it was 100% a first void urine after almost 12 hours).  I don't want to face the music with the wife, but I'm praying something shows up because I don't want her health to be comprimised.  Nevermind mine.  

Im going to try and get them to treat me regardless with the shot of ceftriaxone and 1 gram azithromycin regardless of the test results.

I have the swollen meatus, lower abdominal/groin tenderness, testicle pain at times, and lower back pain upon waking pretty consistently.
about 1.5 years ago and yes it was from unprotected oral
What's the treatment for chronic prostatitis?
http://www.merckmanuals.com/vet/digestive_system/intestinal_chlamydial_infections/overview_of_intestinal_chlamydial_infections.html
I need to ask my doctor why is it that veterinary science discusses the reinfection from GI tract but human related urology has very little about persistent chlamydia strains. And why do uroligists deny this possibility and other microbiologists and gastroenterologists confirm it. It seems urologists cover their backs about the reality of STDs. The reason they document your occurrence to the government is partly because you are likely to be self reinfected
anybody have any luck getting rid of this prostate problem?
This swollen meatus thing looks like being a part of chronical prostatitis to me.
...all quiet? Whats yr current status
Hi Grocerie,
You stated that the swollen meatus looks like chronical prostatitis, have you seen photos on the web anywhere showing chronical prostatitis looking like this?
Hi...are you still having testc pain...how long has it been till now.. Do you have occasional or stinging pain in glans (glands)/shaft sometimes
i have abdominal pain, swollen meatus, constipation (not sure if related), and somtimes sore testicles after ejaculation. no more stinging when i pee, but sometimes burning after ejac.
ehm, clicking your username, i dont see any "case history". you should describe a bit..so others might be able to say sth based on case.. when it started..was it after sex.. how long till now.. how many types of antibiotics u took already.. antifungal.. procedures? imaging?
had unprotected oral and intercourse with woman a few times. after the third time, about a week later i noticed small red spots (almost skin colored) on my penis head, with a darker spot near my urethera. it hurt to pee, my penis was red ect. (almost all the problems ppl described on here) i was taking doxycycline for acne and the burning went away but redness stayed and orgasms havent been the same since. i tested negative for all  the main stds. still havent gotten a sperm test though, but i belive i have prostatitis due to SOMETHING...
I'm stuck... going for a uroscopy, will ask the urologist on the 22nd to take a Biopsy sample of my urethra to check for bacteria.
I have pain in my intestines...meeting gp soon...will let u know... it's been 3 years...
I have this problem too, and now it is creeping up and starting to feel it in my lower left abdominal and lower right abdominal area... Starting to pee like old man, I had a lower lip breakout of what looked like 4 ulcers I might add to the many symptoms you guys list. They lasted about 7 days, I do have genital herpes, but this is not the same thing. I been having bowel and intestinal  problems for years, but livable. Now my tip is sensitive and inflamed all the time, only better when it can breath. When I have to work all day walking and underwear, it makes everything worse even my urination.

Doctors are useless
went to the doctor, took another urine test, got some blood drawn, and it seemed like i knew way more than the doctor about the problem than they did. i asked if it could be a problem with my prostate the dr just said "not in someone your age". youd think that they would try and help you find the problem but really all they want is for you to get out of their office and into a specialists so they have to deal with you. i might goto the urologist but from the experiences on here with them id say they arent going to find anything.
Swollen meatus, sometimes glued (until urination)
Red swollen meatus after ejaculation
Burning durin urination (just sometimes)
Sensitive glans (glands)
Reddish and sensitive foreskin
Bad odor
History of assumed Candidiasis infection (presumed by yeast, and presumed solved by antifungical pomade)
History of vaginal and oral sex without protection (symptoms of the assumed Candidiasis came back, but more strong)

Can be the result of poor treatment? Or maybe never was Candidiasis? I use Fluconazole and somehow the symptoms seem to get worse, is it possible? Yesterdat I take Azithromycin, in the case of a Candidiasis caused by bacteria. This two drugs can work at the same time and not interfere each other?
I take Azithromycin in the case of a urinary infection, fixing.
I know we have all taken many test, seems like every test that there is,
But, has anyone taken a seman test/culture to possibly pinpoint the bacteria that is causing this?
We all know it has to be something, doctors shrug us off because they feel that the tests would show something if we actually had something. I am in the same boat as you guys.
I believe it is some sort of new STD which is relatively new, does not resolve with the use of current drugs and does not cause enough pain/damage to people, so it stays under the radar.
Please let me know if anyone on here has had the above mentioned test.
I will add, so since my post... I got put on Dyoxciline Hydrate. Into the 7th day I had to quit cause my intestines and whole abdominal area was cramping and inflamed, side effect from antibiotic. So I quit and they tried to put me on another and I said "hell no, you cant even see that I have a infection."

After abdominal symptoms subsided, I noticed I felt better and looked better at the tip...

Things I quit doing during that period....

I slowed down on caffeine
I was having sex and took lavitra ( is this the side effect ? )
I started slamming down probiotics to heal my gut from anti-botics

I slowly started taking less probiotics, cause I felt better and took lavitra again a couple days.  Now my symptoms are coming back. Either Antibiotics didn't finish killing whatever or probiotics are helping, or side effect from Lavitra.

Hi all, I'd just like to add to this discussion:

-I'm 21, I've had a swollen meatus tip for as long as I can remember (since 13-14) I believe. I am not circumcised.

- I had sex with my ex girlfriend for 4 years and she had no symptoms of a virus or disease. She was completely fine. However my meatus was swollen and red and it always burnt to urinate.

- This was not caused from sexual intercourse (I lost my virginity when I was 16).

- When I started to masturbate around 13-14 I used to rub my penis through my shorts, I never used to actually pull out my penis and "wank" it, I'm actually wondering now if it's because of the trauma I caused it.

- I've had screenings for the usual stds and swabs and they came back negative

- the tip of my penis burns when I urinate (not really when I have lots of water in my urine)

-my meatus is swollen to the point that only the top section is open, so it's a very poor and weak stream (takes me 2xlonger than a normal guy to urinate)

- ejaculating doesn't hurt, neither does having sex

- touching the swollen meatus IS painful.  

- the starting of the urination is the most painful bit. The weird thing is, when I urinate I only get pain when I "push" for the urine to come out... If I let it leak out slowly (almost dribbling) there is no pain but as soon as I let the rest come quicker it's like a knife in my meatus. Very strange.

- I've seen a professional urologist and he laughed and said it was nothing (idiot)

What I'm currently doing/suspect:

- I actually am starting to think this is being caused from my seamen. I'm not going to masturabte for a couple of weeks and see how this progresses.

- is it possible that we could be allergic to our own ***?

- I'm also taking 12000mg of garlic capsule a day. (4x3000mg) I'm only on my second day of them and i have sort of a relief when urinating.

I will update you all on how I progress without masturbating and taking garlic capsuls. I've suffered with this for over 7 years...
Just a quick update:

- I am still not masturbating I think it's only been 3 days and I have been taking garlic capsuls also.

- swelling of the meatus is still there but is a lot less red. The line in the middle is also a bit more clearer now...

- urinating doesn't seem to burn as much at the start.

I'm not counting my lucky stars just yet but not masturbating might be helping a lot. I used to masturbate at least twice a day and I think that the seamen was getting caught behind the swollen parts of the meatus. I believe this is what is causing the swelling and it keeps reinforcing itself.

I will report back in a couple of days, hopefully It gets better.

Also, not masturabting is harder than I thought... Any sexy ad I see I immediately want to masturbate but then I remember that it might be causing my meatus to swell.

Stay strong all, even if it means no masturbating :(
Yes, I also figured that not masturbating for a few days improves my condition, but when I am not masturbating for more than 4 days, I am starting to go crazy. Being horny all the time is just so distracting.
update: I'm boiling 6litres of milk and adding it into yoghurt, turning a whole vat of yoghurt around in 2 days. Symptoms have subsided A LOT, suspecting candida, will carry on, this is a very slow healing process..........taking probiotic pills with fresh home made yoghurt by the gallon.... I don't have any other ideas left.
I managed to not masturbate for 6 days and I was having the most crazy dreams... Waking up with insane morning wood and it does drive you nuts because you're extremely horny.

Burning in the urine seemed to stop a lot but the swelling was still there...

No idea what this is, but I've lived with it for over 7 years. Sick of the doctors saying its nothing.
A lot of ppl with similar chronic issue think its related to candida; however, i often do wonder if candida is the primary agent, or is it a normal flora becoming more agressive at times, due to a primary agent (residing) that was not addressed properly

that is why the candida keeps popping in and out ie doesnt get resolved
as it takes advantage of the pre existing chronic infection due to a primary agent that was not addressed properly

taking a lot of yoghurt is going to give a lot of calories, probiotics caps are better to avoid that; my experience , power-dophilus (brand: country life) is among the most potent

how long hv you had your problem..ie 1 yr 2 yr?

i am in my 3rd yr in about 3 months or so.  however, things started to gradually improve, after mid last yr, as after such time, i no longer think it is bacterial or fungal/candida related

at the start of my prob, i always thought it is resistant bacteria or somekind, but after taking sooo many antibiotics, i started to think there must be something wrong with the "antibiotics or fungal" infection theory

i have, since mid last year, stopped taking anymore antibiotics or antifungals (except topical antibiotics)

ppl who have taken broad spectrum antibiotics (ABs), for at least 6 mo, or antifungal agents, and were not responding to the issue dramatically, then most likely they dont hv any bacterial agent (could be that it was there, but killed after a few months of ABs; but another agent persisted ie viruses and this is the real culprit (primary agent) for the chronic issue

i noticed that quite a number of ppl with similar chronic issue, responded to tetracyclines kind of antibiotics (eg doxycycline, tetracycline, minocycline, lymecycline, etc tetracyclines). my bet is that these ppl have  common agent ie dysplastic cells which is due to viral induced infection. these dysplastic cells are subtle and only at an early stage of being abnormal cells, which could evolve into something more sinister (cancer), if not addressed for a long time. note that even cancer, at the early stage (stage 1) are often elusive ie not obvious to the naked eye or medical system. compare stage iv cancer, whichusually will manifest lump or abnormal growth, whereby the abnormal cells are already full blown cancer. it is also established that many cancers take time to evolve into something uncontrollable, that is why stage i to iv may take time.  it may be that some early abnormal cells that are termed as dysplastic cells, are at the earliest stage ie stage i

since most of the ppl with this chronic issue is NEGATIVE on all standard STD test, then a possibility of dysplastic cells induced chronic pain must be considered. these abnormal cells are coming from viral infection

why viral? it is a known fact that some viruses are oncogenic or cancer causing,. they promote abnormal cells development ie dysplastic cells formation, as such cells would become a repressive host for them to multiply;

viral agents are also known to persist.. eg hsv where by ppl affected by it would developed blisters at times during their lifetime. hiv is a good example of persistence. hpv is thought to be very common among sexually active ppl, and be eradicated withiin 2 yrs of life, however, this assumption of hpv eradication within 2 yrs had recently been challenged as recent study indicated that hpv become dormant and could reactivate when the person gets older.  there are >150 types of HPVs identified to date, and about 30ish or so are notorious and HPV16/18 are the two of the most studied cancer causing viruses. ppl who have herpes zoster also may experience an attack when they are above 50yr old..since the virus resides in the body and reactivates when the person at an older age. CMV is another virus that is very common in the population, and recently showed to be involved in cancer formation.

in my opinion, these viruses, when present in combination, produced their own proteins that disrupt the normal cell behaviour. in our lifetime, we do have dysplastic cells (abnormal cells developed spontaneously) that could developed anywhere in our body, popping in and out, perhaps due to error in cell maintenance, but these cells are normally destroyed via 2 ways -- i. immune system surveillence will detect them and destroy it.. ii. the abnormal cells self destruct. all cells in our body, have a built in mechanism called "apoptosis" ie self suicide if there is an abnormality in the cells behaviour.  however, viruses are well known to produce proteins that evade the immune system (decoy molecules) OR/AND produce proteins that are against apoptosis ie it prevents abnormal cells from using apoptosis (self destruct mechanism( frm taking plc. the above encourages the flourishing of dysplastic cells, and these cells, being abnormal, produce irritating symtomps which include inflammation, pain, numbness, or signs of non healing , focal skin texture or appearance.  

since most ppl are negs on standard test, the above should be considered to induce the chronic problem; in women, hpvs are thought to induce cervical cancer, and there are stages for this issue ie CIN1, 2, and 3.
These dysplastic cells are detected via pap smear or close analysis of the cells.  However, this isnot done in men. Often, even if biopsy is done, a diagnosis of lichen sclerosis is indicated - which is said to be benign, although in all honesty, there is no knwon mechanism of its development and there is no definite evidence to say it is not STD induced (eg viral). however, since it is considered benign by medical system, they tend to advise ppl to get along with their life andtake it as a harmless condition (although there is a possibility it is hpv induced)

the tetracyclines are known to have "non-antibiotic" property ie it does hv the ability to kill cancer cells. my bet that this is the reason why ppl with dysplastic cells are responding to it, though it did not resolve the issue completely

many men having chronic issue are eventually diagnosed as "prostatitis" cases, and MANY prostatitis cases are withoutknown agent being identified ie these cases are classified as "ABACTERIAL prostatitis"
and currently since the inducing agent is unknown, it is more or less being 'not treated ' (only symptoms addressed at best)

pinching pain at meatus, occasional :"jot" or stiinging pain at glans (glands) or along urethra, burning urethra, red tiny spots that are obvious when erect; skin flaps with fissures that do not heal easily; meatus that are inflamed ...all these are due to dysplastic cells presence -- they are not normal cells, hence the symptoms. they are also not bacterial or fungal induced, as the agents used for them do not resolve the issue, also all test for STD came back negs

this chronic issue could localise at the meatus, or meatus plus urethral region, or in some ppl, if it progresses, could go into the prostate and bladder

since mid last yr (abt 1.5 yr after my prob started), putting aside bacterial./fungal agent, i have thought more of viral induced chronic issue due to dysplastic cells presence.

i will post more later on my regimen, but since to my opinion, it is best done under medical supervision, i will not post it half way of the whole story.

addressing these dysplastic cells is important to eradicate the lingering issue

Repressed host not repressive hist...ie typo above
I am also waking up in the morning with a big erection, and it wakes me sometimes in the middle of the night, and I cannot get it down. Very distracting. Did anyone of you have a solution for this problem to avoid those erections?
Erection in the morning is normal for men.. its called morning wood and a sign of normal function somewhat. But if it is excessively uncontrolled, it is abnormal, and termed as priapism. One of the things may be due to excessive testosterone. Have you done blood work on testosterone?
Priapism could also be cause by other issues...google peak testosterone priapism
Wow--really long thread, but helpful although not very useful. I think everyone should consider CP/CPPS
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_prostatitis/chronic_pelvic_pain_syndrome
Has anyone ever had or have any kind of coolness or coldness of the body with any of their other symptoms? Any of the coolness/coldness in their genitals, butt, chest, arms or anywhere on their body?
Male, 27, white, USA, 160lbs.  I have to say wow to this forum. Tons of information and so many different angles to the cause/treatment. It seems mine started within days of receiving oral sex. It seems this was the only incident that it could possibly be. This was around 35 days ago.  The first symptoms I've expierenced was a constant feeling of having to pee/ feeling as if pee was trapped in the tip of my penis/ in addition extreme dribbling. These came on within 24 hours. I became feverish and cold during day 3,4,5,6.  I noticed a light red ring around my urethra around day 3 .  Had a test done for baseline std's and all was negative. Diagnosed with ngu and given doxy and cipro for 10 days.  Symptoms reduced and things were ok then after 6 days they all came back although the red ring has always stayed contant since this began.  Was then put on azithromycin for 5 days.  This didn't really do anything thing. Now I have a burnin sensation after urination and similar symptoms described above. I recently was retested again for all possible stds and urine culture for bacteria. All negative nothing found. Between this forum and pub39 forum we have some highly intelligent people not only infected but searching of answers. This includes spaldo , baker, and many more. But many of these people are no longer posting. We have to do something, I need help, and doctors tell me it's anxiety related. I certainly am aware of anxiety and it's causes from being an infantry soldier in combat, this is not anxiety it is a medical condition that is unkown or not diagnosed properly. Someone help please.
I'm not posting because I am studying a conversion course in CELL BIOLOGY. I would recommend that anyone who takes their health seriously, should consider research, the other solution is ugly and brutish...
whats your regimen?
I am okay now....actually cured..... no more problems at all. It took a very long time, and symptoms came back last time when I began going on the wrong diet.
as an organism you are constantly afflicting your body with varyingl levels of sugars...to sum it up to you here's what was wrong with me:
STD, Chlamydia type -> caused irritation stress anxiety -> candida overgrowth -> sugar consumption increase.

To fight this back, i started eating nothing but sunflower seed bread from LIDL (it's cheap there, 20p) and rye bread, instead of normal bread, tdecreasing my yeast consumption by a good margin, I then drank a lot of vitamin C to get rid of my prostatitis symptoms, this worked wonders on my prostate as it immediately felt better, i was in agony for the first few days, so I bought a lot of pickled garlic and added this to my food intake {pickled in vinegar) so i moved from getting rid of chlamydia in my prostate.. from Chlamydia to Candida, Chlamydia was cured with Lymecycline and Azithromycine in combination, then i had to deal with my candida overgrowth so I began to make my own natural yoghurt... i put a large vat of milk and yoghurt in the oven for 10 minutes and after 12 hours had fresh yoghurt every morning for 2 months ,2 bowls before going to work and 2 bowls after, i decreased my fruit intake and doubled my natural vegetable intake (ORGANIC), today I am healthy again... after ejaculation i have no red meatus, there is no more faint red line where the candida had spread into my foreskin/duodenum.
I also added coconut oil (non-hydrogenated) to my foreskin and around the head every night before i slept to reduce candida).
The worst part was the doctors... they never believed me... not fully... as soon as their tests showed negative they dismissed it. I was in agony, my side was on FIRE and my prostate felt like it was about to hatch that thing out of ALIEN, This was ridiculous...how could doctors at the best hospital in LEBANON do this to me?! I even stopped going to them and found my drugs online (lymecycline and azithro) were prescribed to me by an online pharmacy/doctor and sent via dhl.

That's my story for you, now, my side doesnt hurt anymore, and i'm completely back to normal ,my sex life is great, and I beat Chlamydia, Candida which both caused me prostatitis and an ileum infection in my gut... It took me from September 2011....... but the journey is over now thank god.

Chlamydia is very hard to get rid of, contrary to what doctors might say, I had recurrences over a YEAR, as it was in my prostate gland.. therefore had no choice but to retake antibiotics every 3 months, as soon as I was tresting positive,. Finally it's OVER...IHERE WE, HERE WE ****ING GO...IT IS OVER. :)
Best regards
from beirut, Lebanon (the SOUTHERN, SUBURBS)
the water's warm and I'm loving life.
ps: I went to a stripclub on friday (forced to..peer pressure, you just cant get out of it), and god help me, I'm never...ever... sleeping with another hussy again, they strike fear in my soul lol
Hey, dude I've beeen keeping up with this forum, having same symtoms (symptoms) as everyone, for like 6 months or so now and lately  been coming to the conclusion that I have prostatitis/candida. I am a generally healthy and bike pretty much everyday about 6 miles (min.) I was eating healthy/clean for the most part but would binge on sweets and pizza and alcohol sometimes last winter all the while hooking up with multiple people. I have been tested about 4 times for stds. At this point I'm self diagnosing but I feel good about it because since i have switched my diet to a clean diet and am more strict I have less severe symptoms. I have been using tons of organic virgin coconut oil and because I've decided to completely cut out sugar (and after reading your post it made me realize how much fruit i'm still eating though) it's become my new go to snack. eating bites of it with almond butter or whatever. I also use lots of apple cider vinegar. I eat lots of organic veggies, kale, sweet potatos (probably bad?), cauliflower, eggs, spinach, ginger, carrots, beans, curry, chicken, beef, bacon. i am picky about meat b/c processed meat is terrible for candida and your body ingeneral. I pretty much eat no grains even though i ate some chips (gluten free, non gmo) last night. I really need to get a probiotic. I actually got a prescribed a Z pak and it made my meatus super irritated like 3 days later, it freaked me out. Since then i've just been depending on health food and tying to decrease stress and I think i'm on the right track. I'm just impatient and know this type of things takes awhile especially doing it with out modern medicine to aid.
Hi all,

Just an update. I've been tested again for hiv and all stds again. All negative.

Urine has been tested twice for infection. Negative, HOWEVER. There was a reading of 20 blood cells in my urine, apparently 10 is the normal range. I got tested again and 87 showed up. So something is causing bleeding (most likely just the swollen uretha opening.

I am going to be getting a bowel scan and kidney scan this week so I'll keep you all informed.

I've had this for over 7 years hopefully it can be put to rest soon :-)
HI friends,

I've been reading this forum for a long time now.  

I am in medicine and do not have an answer but can try to help.

I don't think the answer comes down to diet, lifestyle, etc.  

This is an infection.

It is not chlamydia, HSV, HPV, or candida.

Stop going to GPs, dermatologists, or Urologists for this.

I highly recommend going to your local university academic hospital.   Look up their infectious disease department- specifically someone who has an interest in STDs or go to their STD clinic.  

Mycoplasma genitalium is a more commonly recognized pathogen with rapidly increasing rates of resistance. that may be  why none of the antibiotics are working.  It is also not commercially tested for.  that's why I recommend an academic hospital that may be able to do the test.  

I really think its 1) multi-drug resistant MG, 2) another bacteria that we don't know to (or can't) test for or culture.  3) Or a virus that we also have not isolated yet as an STD.  

Good luck.
it could be E. Coli infection in ureter.... gastrointestinal tract bacteria in ureter? http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00699/urinary-tract-infections-UTI.html
try apple vinegar, 1 capful in 1 litre of water, see what happens in 2 weeks.
I've been symptom free for a few months now.
I think I just got this condition a couple of days ago. What should I do to knock it out early?
Viewing 401-546 comments: