Persistent Inflamed & Irritated Meatus

Thanks for any help anyone has to offer.

I've been suffering from an inflammed and irritated meatus for just over seven weeks now and I'm really confused as to what's causing it or how to fix it. I'm in a foreign country at the moment so access to healthcare and consequently explaining my problem in a foreign language hasn't been the easiest. For that reason, I'm writing here to see if anyone could lend some advice.

I suppose all of this started in late December when I received a sort of rough unprotected handjob from a sex worker. I believe she was using lube she had previously put in her anus to rub my penis. In other words, she was reaching to her anus to get the lube and then rubbing my penis with it. She rubbed the tip (meatus) with her thumb in a circular pattern, and did so pretty intensely although it didn't bother me too much at the time. A few days later I saw that the tip of my penis looked slightly different. It looked as if there were two pursed lips instead of a straight slit like before. But that was it. I had no other symptoms. I figured it was just a little traumatized after the handjob. But would go away.

Then in the month of January, I had quite a lot of unprotected sex with a girl who has since been tested and came out clean. In February, about two months later from my encounter with the sex worker and a few weeks after I stopped having regular sex in January, some real irritation started. I could best describe the condition as irritation and very slight inflamation of at the tip of the penis. It comes and goes in intensity but at its worst moments, it's very pink and burns slightly when I pee just at the tip of the urethra. The size of the pursed lips also vary depending on how bad the irritation is and also, along with the redness small bumps come and go. The bumps though however are ever so slight and usually disappear within a couple days together with the redness. They don't appear anything like warts or herpes sores. Spotted redness might be a better description. The other thing I noticed is that my urethra appears to be slightly wider and open, revealing the sensitive wet part of my urethra, almost as if my it's trying to breath. I think this might be why it gets irritated from rubbing against my clothing. I've also noticed more discharge than usual from my penis. I'm not sure if it's precum but basically, it's clear, has no scent, and a has the consistency of mucas and I've noticed more than usual when checking my underwear at the end of the day. The last thing that's different is that after I pee, I notice that there's a a little extra drip than usual, even after I clean up with toilet paper, the tip of my penis is moist.

Wearing boxers and walking (or any kind of movement really) aggravates it as I think my underwear ends up rubbing the tip of my penis. So I have switched completely to using tight underwear and stopped doing aerobic exercise. None of my symptoms resemble anything like the pictures of herpes or genital warts I have seen online and both the determatologist and urologist I have seen agree and dismissed the possibility of either. I was tested in February for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B, gonorrhea, and chlamydia, and all of the tests came out negative. I also had two urine tests and both came out normal.

The dermatologist I saw first in February recommended soaking my penis in a warm mixture of water and sodium bicarbonate twice a day. It didn't help. The urologist I saw in March prescribed a cream that contains Gentamicin, Betamethasone, & Miconazole, which is supposed to clear up any irritation caused by a yeast or fungus infection. I used that twice a day for a couple weeks but the condition did not get any better and he then told me to stop using it. So basically, now I'm just wearing tight underwear, I don't use any lotion and am careful when washing it with dove soap ensuring that no soap gets into or near my urethra. I'm not having regular sex and when I masturbate do so in a gently manner only a couple times a week. However, I've noticed that the couple times I have had sex since this condition started, my penis was extra sensitive and I ejaculated rather quickly.

Part of me thinks that maybe it is an infection due to bacteria from the girls anus. Another part of me thinks maybe it's purely physical trauma. But I do notice that when I'm tired and have had a late night, the condition worsens which leads me to believe it's tied to the strength of my immune system. But really, this could be all in my head..I don't know.

So, if you've taken the time to read all the way to the end, thank you. I'd really appreciate any ideas on what might be causing this or what I could do in terms of treatment or other tests. Are there other STDs or STIs which could be the culprit that I haven't been tested for? Thanks so much in advance, I'm worried this might never go away.

Has anyone tried metronidazole combined with miconazole cream?

Been having this red meatus lips (especially after masturbation) for 1.5 years now. All tests negative (tested urine twice; even once after a prostate massage; put a swab in my glans and brought it to the hospital...
ALL negative.)Tried Azitromycin, itraconazole with miconazole, daktarin, ...
Nothing seems te help... FML, seriously :(
How did you go about getting prescribed all those meds?  I feel like it would be impossible to convince any of the docs I've seen to prescribe 1/2 those meds.
Is this a reply to my message? :p
No. Was to John 8181.  Not sure why it was not in line with his comment.  I replied to his first "Cured" post.
On some other forum I found someone who was cured of this with the following treatment. Here is his post:
"Okay so,I am a genetic engineer from Greece,lives in New York.I had the exact issue..I have found the solution just recently.

You get %70 alcohol wipes from CVS,you wipe it gently everytime after you pee.Please WASH YOUR HANDS everytime before you do this.After that apply a body lotion that has NO SENSE in it.Meaning like strawbeery,Orange or any kind of flavor.Just regular body lotion.The redness will burst after a while like around 2 weeks.You will have those white bumps right around the pee hole.DO NOT PANIC! This means now the virus is out and it is about to die.Take a warm shower everyday.After the shower,again wipe the pee hole gently.Make sure those white stuff comes out and redness will appear,if it is severe it might bleed,do not panic! ,it is normal.and apply ABREVA on it including body lotion.Take a SOFT toilet paper and wrap your penis,and gently place it in your underwear.Wear brief slip underwears,and then your penis does not fling around during the day,and it gets less irritated.keep apply the same thing all the time after you pee.Because,once you pee ,Uric Acid makes the redness/wound open up easily.You might think Alcohol also opens up the wound,YES it is right but it cleans up the area!..That s all I can say.My wound is about to die.This might takes 3 to 4 weeks to clean up all.
All my STD / HIV tests are NEGATIVE.Doctors could not find a cure on it.Some thought fungus or some kind of virus.No ,it is just a bacteria that sits on your pee hole,because it is moist and gets fed by the vitamins and waste nutrions that has in your pee.Do not use Hydrocortizons because it also feeds the bacteria and keeps it moist (Hydro means water base).Please,yet again,you have to be really careful with your hands.Do not touch your penis without washing your hands.Do not use sanitizers for your hands,use regular soap,and also wipe your hands with Alcohol Wipes.Change your underwear everyday.Be sure,everything is clean.I know I sound like some kind of OCD but at the end ,you are just being happy after seeing the results.

P.S. Try not to have sex or masturbate during the treatment.You certainly decrease the irrtation by not having sex or masturbating.

You ll pray for me!

Thank you all "

Does anyone think this is a possibility to treat this problem?

Is this topic closed? Coz my replies aren't appearing here...
Well, that guy said "This might takes 3 to 4 weeks to clean up all. "
That says it all. He is not 'cured' yet.

Some are adamant its fungus -- as I emphasized earlier, if it is fungus, you have to do a swab. The swab will tell you if it is really fungus. Because candida/fungus can be swabbed and watched under a simple ordinary microscope. If no fungus seen, then it is not fungus.  Typically, candidiasis, needs no swab because it causes thrush -- in the mouth /oral area it is called oral thrush.  White tongue is an obvious sign of candida colonisation

This issue,. is most likely related to virus[es] infection. It leads to development of dysplastic [abnormal] cells. That is why you have the lingering irritation.  Only broad antiviral would work on it.  

I have tried 2 times per day 200 mg of itraconazole, combined with miconazole cream on the meatus twice a day. Nothing improved at all. So it is not a fungus.

To me it doesn't really irritate as in hurting. But the red lips / area around the meatus kills my self-confidence.

Do you think it is causing more trouble inside the body? Maybe in the urine bladder ?
My urine and prostate liquid were tested and nothing abnormal was found, but they probably checked for bacteria?
* tried that antifungal treatment (thought it would solve the problem, as nothing was being found in the tests) with itraconazole and miconazole cream for 15 days. 400 mg per day is already a high dosage, which is pretty heavy for the liver. I was told that this itraconazole works for another 2 weeks in the body.
It can't be a fungus.
What antiviral(s) could solve this problem then? Any idea?
user09203 has reported success with with Leflunomide (LEF).  

pptjv, I believe you are on the other thread as well, but user09203 posted this about his progress with LEF:

Update
Here is my update

I think I can say the stable condition has definitely improved further..to a condition that is markedly resolving

The transient sensation does appear at times, but it is now significantly lesser in terms of frequency and fainter in intensity

Pretty hard to describe in words. Previously, there has been one major focal point, midway of the shaft on the left. And also the meatus, usually the left. When my condition was "stable", the topical cream didnt give much reaction anymore, but I think it did help to stabilize the condition (frequency of use was about once or twice every 2 wk).

Since I was on oral LEF recently, I did re-use the topical cream (diclofenac voltaren max + egcg + a pinch of ascorbly palmitate). And this time the same cream gave a different major reaction. The left side, midway urthra, and left side of the meatus felt sizzling hot. There was also some sensation on the right wall of the urethra [mid way] and a bit of sensation on the right wall of the meatus. This didnt happen previously. In all, there was inflammation, wasnt that terrible, but it does feel painful if I press those focal points where the reaction occurred

After one week I stopped using the cream but continued on oral LEF. The inflammation subsided and it did feel lighter down there significantly after I stopped the cream.

On week number 5, it seems I hv some itchiness on my right groin. Not sure what caused it ...But it is said side effect of LEF includes skin rash. Tea tee related cream seems to sort out the itchiness. Could also be when CMV is addressed by LEF, your body now starts "seeing" whatever other viral bugs that was previously "hidden " through CMV activity. HPV is very common and there are many types, it could be that, not sure though.

The other "new" thing [week 7] that I felt popping out is the bladder. I dont know if it was because of the lemon balm tea which I took, but there was some sensation there. Again, my hypothesis is that, when CMV is addressed, gradually, your body starts uncovering "stealthy bugs" that have been protected by CMV. Without CMV, it is not exposed and yr body starts addressing it. It could be that there are residual abnormal cells in the bladder, as previously I did have bladder irritation.

At such time, I have taken 2x100mg of itraconazole [oral] and immediately the issue was resolved. I believe that the combo of LEF and Itra did address the remaining hidden dysplastic cells there. After taking itra for 3 days [total 600 mg], I did not feel anymore sensation at all. And I also felt something new.

Previously, I always have felt after urinating, there will be a few drops of urine being 'stuck' at the base, felt like it did not come out totally. Had to force it out by squeezing the base. But now, that sensation is totally gone! I didnt feel that anymore. Could be that there was also some abnormal cells making up a minor plug at the base and that caused such sensation

I am currently pausing the LEF. Because I think it is better [as stated by patent WO 1999045908 A2, claim 9] to take it with orotic acid [aka orotate] supplement [awaiting supply]. I didnt feel any major irritation spike stopping LEF - after all, it has a rather long half life ..about 14 to 20 days

LEF has two activities: antiviral and immune suppressing activities. You dont really want the 2nd activity. That is why in the patent the author suggested taking "pyrimidine" supplement. LEF prevents synthesis of orotic acid [a pyrimidine, precursor to DNA] and that could cause immune suppression. So, orotic acid supplement [such as Magnesium orotate] may be ideal while using LEF

So, my opinion is that LEF + Itraconazole [200mg a day] and orotic might be the best combo. How long one has to take LEF, perhaps 3 months is a minimum . LEF is usually taken at 100mg for 3 days, thereafter 20mg a day. Itra could be a bit hard on the liver for some ppl, so, liver function and kidney function tests should be monitored. I think a minimum of 2 wk is required for itra at 200mg/day. Orotic acid is just a supplement and the dosage is a guess.. it could be excreted in the urine if you have too much of it. I think 1 to 2 g a day of orotate will work.

So, my opinion is that for the chronic issue to be resolved, one has to stop CMV and address the abnormal, dysplastic cells. LEF addressed the CMV and itra could pop any dysplastic cells [or yeast / fungus/ candida, if you believe that]

Depending on how many dysplastic cells one has [the longer chronic irritation history, likely many more dysplastic cells], or if you address the issue using the topical cream, the time needed to resolve the issue may differ.

So, my opition is that the combo of using LEF, Itra and orotic acid will work [as suggested by the patent WO 1999045908 A2]

HPV is very common, but I think the main driver of the issue is actually CMV. Once CMV is stopped, your own immune system may be able to address the resident HPV

From all this, I think we can conclude that the chronic issue is likely viral mediated. A rather broad antiviral agent, like LEF was never tried at all in most cases. Only broad antibacterial and narrow antiviral agents are usually used [eg acyclovir, specific for herpes, viral resistance is not uncommon] I think LEF is somewhat a special agent, because it stops susceptible viruses through inhibition of phosphorylation; there is likely many reactions in the virus, requiring phosphorylation and this means multiple sites of inhibition - not only a single point of inhibition, like acyclovir, and this may explain LEF effectiveness].

This solution may be controversial and unconventional. But i think it will work in non bacterial cases. Remember, only recently in 2014 CMV is found to cause autoimmune disorder [google cmv autoimmune australia]. Previously, nobody could expect such fact to be true...not even your infectious disease specialist. They only follow the book and use 'standard treatment' which they learnt, based only on established facts. But new knowledge will only be adopted in their practice maybe 5-10 years after discovery.

I will still post any significant new update/history for my case.
Thank you for your post!
So it's about LEF and itra?
Strange thing is that l used 400 mg of itra every day for 15 days straight, and nothing helped. So do you think that, in my case, l should only use LEF? (itra didn't give ANY improvements, even in combination with miconazole cream)
Although l don't think l have the same problem as this guy. My only symptom is the red swollen meatus, especially after masturbation. It forms some lips. No itching or pain etc.
pptj,
1.You said in some of your posts, that you have not had any sex for like 1 yr. But, how long have had it  [Cant read all those msgs per se].

2. If you would mind telling the board [if not maybe you can just PM me ] of your sexual history ie like how many [approx] diff person have you had intimate sex [in your entire life ].  This has sth to do with HPV. Ppl say if you have sexual contact with 4 or more diff partner.. then HPV is a definite.  HPV viruse are of many types -- and the wart they cause [shape and size] can also vary

3. Itra is only to address the probable yeast and dysplastic cells. Although itra have shown anticancer activity, it does not address all of the cases ...all of the time.. since dysplastic cells can also have different types

4. Since you tested negative on standard STD test [including urine culture?]; most likely it isnt bacterial

Will respond once you answer. Tk care for now

As a follow up to my earlier comment, i believe that if one takes LEF, it is best to take it with Orotic acid [eg. Magnesium orotate supplement]; 1 cap of 650mg, twice a day may be enough. After a month, I think 1 cap a day is ok.  If one takes LEF, watchout for the side effect: your milage may vary : reported side effect include diarrhea, loss of hair [baldness].  I noted that using LEF -w/o- Magnesium orotate, my nails do not grow somewhat..and it looks like the nail can easily detach itself from your finger ...not literally all of it..just at the tip.. it is still painful. When LEF is taken with Magnesium Orotate, the nails grew ok..and there is no pain ie detachment of the nails

Thats one of my current updates..more later

I have had 3 sexual partners in my life so far. I am having this red meatus problem for more than a year now and l most likely got it from the last girl l had sex with, even if it only took 15 minutes... and just once with her. It must be from her.

I'll try to get LEF within a few weeks. I really hope the GP wants to prescribe me this based on the negative bacteria- and STD-tests... (also got a prostate massage and the liquid was checked, also negative) l did see that it does cost quite a lot of money... (LEF)
Did u get diarrhea from it?

What about the itraconazole? As l stated before, l have used itra for 15 days (morning: 2x200 mg and evening the same dosage) and also smeared miconazole cream on the glans and meatus twice per day. it didn't improve it all.
So what do u think? It's not worth to get this itra again? It is quite expensive and my meatus remained red. Especially after masturbating my meatus is very swollen and has kind of thick red lips.

Does the LEF online kill the virus? Not heal the skin and get rid off the swollen meatus? Coz l really want to get rid of that! Don't think taking itra again will help something. Already took a high dosage for 2 weeks (and afterwards it stays in your body for another 2 weeks l believe) and nothing changed visually.

Thanks in advance
There seems to be a bug on this website, the link to picture of what it looks like (my meatus) on another forum keeps getting deleted when l post it here... Ugh.
hi pptv,
i saw the pic you posted..the itra most probably have no effect on you...so my guess there is no point in incepreasing the dosage...also you dont have any pain it seems.. just cosmetic look issue... but it could be due to wart related hpv virus. LEF is to target etc unknown viruses..although it does not necessarily work on all viruses..i am not aware if it works on hpv..but it could target other viruses, like cmv..which can accentuate hpv activity (my hypothesis). i know generic LEF source, i will PM you perhaps. since you do not hv pain, issue, likely that your problem is different than mine..and LEF is rather an option i think for your case...but its good to strip off other potential viruses with LEF..so that the probable swelling can be addressed by using........ aldara! ie if your lipsy meatus is due to wart related hpv. aldara is to be used after 2 wk of LEF. Aldara is not a completely 100pct safe thing..small amt of ppl hv major bad side effect with it..but many praised aldara effectiveness. if your lipsy mestus is due to wart related hpv, then upon aldara use..the areas will gradually become angrier ie swollen. not a pleasant thing. then there may be ulceration, throbbing pain, itchiness..exudates etc redness. at the near end stage..necrotic bad tissue addressed by aldara will form pus like material.the cream is said to activate yr immune system to eradicate wart related abnormalities there.. hence the reaction. i read somewhere on the internet..that some ppl with meatus problem go for surgery and cut the meatus..not sure if its true though!

i have minor diarrhea with LEF..but seems to be even less pronounced when using it with MgOrotate
How long have you been using LEF right now?
- did your meatus look like mine? (apart from the other symptoms you might have)
- do you think that this virus is harmful when not killed? That it could lead to prostate, urine bladder or cancer related things/problems in the long run?

I really wonder if the LEF itself could make my meatus look normal again... Would do 'anything' to make it look like normal again. I am worried that if a girl would see it, she wouldn't believe that it is 'nothing' to worry about as all test were negative...

Did you actually do a PCR-test, in which viruses like HPV and or CMV etc. are checked? And were u prescribed LEF based on the results of these tests? Or did you self-prescribe yourself these medicals?
ive been using lef for at least 3 mo now. i am tapering off now ie taking lesser by the day after 3 mo. i have seen substantail changes ..so thats why i have reduce the intake..loke i take 20mg every 2-3 days...instead of 20mg everyday

my mestus does not look like the pic you posted..thus dissimilar to your case on the meatus...althoug at the height of my issue ..it was very irritating on the meatus..though no marked swelling

the actual cause of etc cancer inc bladder and genital regions..is still hypothetical.. it is most likely related to viruses such as hpv. cancer have stages.min the early stage..it is usually clinically silent..no marked symptoms..as years go by..you may experience other medium issues..and it may then progress more.. most cancer is not an overnight thing o..it is a disease that develops over time.. usually spaning five to decades of life

in all of the cancer cases..usually precancer cells will appear first..then it is anyones guess what time it will need to morph into full blown cancer..usually it takes years

so, if there are cancer causing viruses lingering in you..often called oncogenic virus..it could...in due time ..cause the precancer to morph into cancer

i dont knownif lef is necessary for yr case, it is my guess that multiple viruses presence ie not only hpv alone.. is usually needed to start to cause a problem

hpv and cmv test or etc viruses test arent typically done in specialist clinic or in the hospital.. in most countris i guess... eg cmv viral titer is done due to its significance in solid organ transplant

pcr for hpv could be done..but usually clinician dont do it, as the medical community take the assumption that it will disappear within 2years in most cases..also..as hov is very common.. i think they made that assumption

Hey guys, I have finally been cured after 6 months of dealing with the symptoms such as swollen meatus, painful urination, and pain after ejaculation, and weird painful sensations in my groins that everyone seems to share. I know how uncomfortable and how much stress it causes, so I've come back to share how I have been cured in hopes it helps other people.

After trying about 8 different antibiotics, natural remedies, trying to eat 5 cloves of garlic per day, and seeing doctor after doctor with no sign of a cure, I found a doctor in my town who thought I might have prostatitis, but couldn't exactly find a test to prove I had it, after having multiple urine, blood and other tests come back negative. He finally did a prostate exam and I had an extreme amount of pain when he pushed on my prostate. He diagnosed me with acute prostatitis, and I was prescribed with norfloxacin for one month. After about 3-4 days I saw instant results, and by a month it is about 80% cured. Im going to do another month of norfloxacin just to be safe and ensure it is 100% gone.

I'm not sure that this is the cure for everyone, but I know I wish more people who had of been cured would have come back to share their success so we didn't have to suffer that long. Hopefully it helps someone
user888c, what was the dosage of norfloxacin you were taking?

Also, when/how did you symptoms start?

Thanks for coming back and sharing your positive results.
I would like to add to this as I have similar symptoms. Just got retested for everything (standard panel).  I'm more concerned about hsv-2. And will need to wait again for the results. But after reading this for 3 hours and saving several apparent cures.

My experience was just stupid and dumb.  On March 3rd of this year, I fingered, went down on (just using tongue not lots saliva or really eating her out), and then she got on top after sucking on my phalus for a few seconds then got on top and only got half my head in when I came. Also entirely in the dark so didnt see anything...though no nasty taste or fishy stinky odor. It was my first time and I am 28...she's been with 30 something guys. It also freaked me  out when she came out of the bathroom from peeing and said I made her bleed. Can you say cervical inflammation?  Yeah go me.  

So morning after, a mixture I'm sure of anxiety and bacterium, I had yellow watery diarrhea, choking sensation, and gagging. The next day, It tingled on the tip of my penis and and front top half of my tongue. Had yellow all over my tonsils, uvula and tongue...and more diarrhea.

After first test I got 500mg of Azithromycin and Gono shot at the HD.  After side effects wore off I felt good  for two weeks. Then got pain in the testes and burning after I urinate. Then March 29th got rechecked for chlamydia and gono culture...negative. But was given 10 days of doxocycline...it helped.  

Well recently we had a lot of crud going around the office.  I have a bad immune system. Got two stomach bugs and then got a sore throat that looked disgusting and looked viral (strep was negative).  People have said burning tongue, the sore throat is similar to herpes...but with my ****** immune system I would thing that would have happened first. My semen burns my skin now when I masturbate.  My last urine test picked up blood and white blood cells.

I will add my Meatus is swollen and spreads throughout the day.  burning in my scrotum, and just depressed.  

So I am going to see the results, may get tested for trich, then if anything try as many of these cures as I can.

Only question: Anyone have any mouth issues?
I suspect you have viral infection..could be more than 1 type of virus
Pretty sure guys it is a strand of hpv.  I got what I believe are orange like bumps on my throat and near my tonsils.ugh
The norflox are likely just providing anti-inflammatory effects for the combo HPV/CMV although that is probably providing great temporary relief. I would take it until 100% then stop and see what happens.

I have been following this thread for quite some time and I think user97203 is right on the money with his thoughts on what may be causing what ails us. It
I wonder how rbaker is doing these days?
rbaker, I would also love to know about you :) Are you fine? Have you defeated all your problems? Thank you for all you have done in this forum
Hi John,

I have seen multiple docs, dermatologist, urologists and havent had any help from them. All have prescribed anti-fungals and steriods with no relief. Many have said nothing is wrong with me and the last dermatologist tried to put me on anti-depressants. He claimed that this "pain" is all in my head, but have been dealing with this for a year now.

The redness is at the tip of the penis, more visible to me than the dermatologist. The pain is a chronic pain that hasn't gone away and has really made quality of life miserable.What do you recommend for further treatment?

Thank you all for your help!
I have been dealing with this issue for about a year now...since I first noticed. But It can be that it was there sooner. Luckily for me I dont have much pain and if so that occasionally as other describe. Pinching on red inflated meatus, burning urethra and burning sensation in groin area shooting down left inner leg. All these sensations very mild and occasional, like once a month or so.
What have been working for me as relief is applying Tea Tree body lotion/ hair conditioner on my penis head. I am not circumcised.
Lets just do a quick summary.
1. Most cases here with persistent pain, yet no bacterial agent detected, is likely CAP cases [chronic abacterial prostatitis]
2. Although some thought it is Yeast/candida, this is very unlikely. Current medical test allow you to do a urine culture for candida. Most candida infection is visible by eye - that is why you call it thrush .. vaginal thrush..and oral thrush.  Male thrush might be controversial, but a simple swab of the suspected thrush should be easy enough to confirm yeast/candida.. if the swab did not show any candida/yeast cells under microscope, then what you have is not yeast infection.  
3. Most cases here with chronic pain maybe diagnosed as CAP ..or the doc/Uro will say "its all in your head"
4. Some might also suggest Pudendal Neuralgia.. nerve issue. Although this may be a cause, it is usually due to trauma.  PNE..pudendal nerve entrapment is one of it.  However, most ppl with lingering CAP cases have the issue commence a few days or right after sexual contact [involving oral sex]
5. My impression is the chronic issue, which affected many CAP cases, is due to viral infection..most likely a herpes virus tribe [cmv] plus HPV.  CMV is notoriously known to be shed from the saliva [hot spot is salivary gland].  HPV in itself alone cannot cause any major issue, but when there is herpesviruses like CMV [and EBV]; the issue might get complicated.  This might explain the established fact which says HPV infection is common, and most overcome the virus without any problem.  Within 2 yr, one should be able to clear HPV. However, in the presence of other common viruses like EBV and CMV, there is no study /data to say the resident HPV will not cause any problem
6. Most ppl with CAP have been "treated" with  a number of broad ABX. And the problem did not resolve and this suggest it is not bacterial nature.
However, broad antiviral has never been prescribed, as viral infection is said to be incurable.  Although incurable, the broad antiviral agent should theoretically be able to help, to suppress the herpesvirus[es].
With the suppression of such herpes viruses, the inflammation and chronic issue can be addressed
If the herpesviruses or the offending  virus is not suppressed, then the CAP problem will persist and chronic inflammation/pain/abnormal sensation will linger.  In due time, the inflammation will cause the development of abnormal cells [aka dysplastic cells].  These cells are also called pre-cancer cells.  Cancer do not develop overnight. It takes a few years, and decades of life to morph the pre cancer cells to full blown cancer.  With inflammation, the pre-cancer cells likely take lesser number of years to morph into full blown cancer

I have posted two pics in my profile.  The pics shows the locations where precancer cells can appear.  These abnormal cells have appeared due to prolonged viral activity that induced such cells to form.  The longer inflammation occur, the higher the chance such abnormal cells will appear.

My belief is the spots or location where the pre cancer cells develop causes the abnormal sensation ie numbness, shooting pain etc.  When
the abnormal cells is addressed, then only the pain sensation can go away.

I have used LEF and it does make the [transient] pain substantially minimized. During chronic stage it was like 9/10 to 10/10.  Using ABXs, which is anti inflammatory, does not resolve the issue, and the pain was reduced at best 5-6/10, and can increase to 9/10 if ABX is stopped thereafter.

LEF was the best in terms of reducing the pain, as it is a rather broad antiviral, which can suppress the possible viral agent[s] multiplication.

If one has had the issue for a long time eg a few years, abnormal cells due to viral activity may have developed.  Such scenario requires the use of anti neoplastic agent such as aldara to destroy such the abnormal cells.  It is not a fun business to use aldara as many have reported the gruesome side effects, but the bad cells have to be eradicated for the situation to be resolved completely.  

User 97203
I been following you for about 6 months.
Can you report what is the condition of your meatus  now after using LEF.
How long have you been taking LEF and what dosage and how often?
Do you still have inflamed lips on your meatus?
Here is my update somewhat.  Prior to this, I always believe that many men with CAP like issue likely have abnormal or dysplastic cells with them.  Only thing is what to do with it?  I have used EGCG/5FU cream and it does somewhat cause some reaction.  The EGCG/diclofenac and vitC [ascorbyl palmitate] did also reduced the sensation of pain.  However, there is still some transient pain which randomly occur at times.

The current medical system is at a loss with CAP or CAP like issue, so that they only address the symptoms causing the pain, or they will say its all in your head.
One can read PubMed and see update on CAP, where currently, it is still a mystery to Uro/Docs [google pubmed 26951713].  You might also at times, get a fancy label/name for your mysterious condition, such as "male genital dysaesthesia" where the Uro/Doc would just say you have sth that its incurable.

As for my condition, when I first used [discovered] LEF broad antiviral activity, about 4 mo ago, I have started using it thereafter.  I started with half tab of 20mg [it was first time use : so as to check for drug allergy]

When it was ok, I used 20mg the next day, then 40mg the day thereafter.  AFter that, I used 20mg per day.  Actually based on usual dosage, patients are advised to take  100mg of LEF per day for 3 days ..this is somewhat called "loading phase", to load up the LEF levels to therapeutic
levels.  Thereafter it is 20mg/day to maintain the levels.  LEF has about 14-20 days half life

At the point of taking LEF, my condition was already manageable.  Far better than using ABX or meeting Uros/GP/Derm, who are at a loss as to what they should be doing.  I had only transient pain which appear randomly.  The pain intensity was like 2-3/10 [random sensation in the shaft/glans].  During such time, I was using EGCG/Diclofenac/Ascorbyl Palmitate topical mix, about once a week.

Since discovering LEF, I have stopped the topical mix above.  I I have noted that in the first month of LEF use, there was a substantial / marked reduction in the transient sensation, which occasionally appeared.  This 'leftover' sensation is sth that is not too bothersome, as it is manageable, but seeing that it is getting more 'quiet' down there now with LEF, made me believe that LEF is indeed working as I expected.

With LEF, I could say the strange sensation is rarer and it only have maximum strength of 1/10. I think the leftover sensation is the dysplastic cells; these cells is a result of prolonged viral activity that was left unchecked [by the Uros/GPs who said there is nothing there].

I do not have any marked meatus "lips" or inflammation on the meatus.  So, I cannot comment about such issue.  

However, although no marked inflammation on the meatus, during the chronic stage, the meatus was having sharp/painful  episodes-- there was shooting pain appearing at times in the meatus and the pain conduit somewhat travelled along the shaft to the meatus;.  there was also numbness and irritation, if the glans rubs my underwear/short; there can also be numb pain in the glans if I wear a rather tight undergarment.  AFter about 1.5 yr of being neglected by Uro/GP, I have a focal point pain, midway of the shaft.  I believe that focal point is where the dysplastic cells have accumulated [more]. If I stretched my shaft at such position, there is a minor bump, but the Urologist said he sees nothing there.  

Anyway, it is my opinion that LEF worked for me. After about 3 month use, I have resorted to aladra.  I have used aldara once before, about 1.5 yr ago.  There was a marked reaction; and I used it maybe for 1 - 2 wk, and stopped it.  After it healed, I used it again, to see if there is any residual bad cells, that can be detected by aldara.  However, there was no marked skin reaction anymore.  Only I felt unwell on aldara [as expected, due to aldara side effects]

So, abt 1.5 yr ago, I stopped aldara.  I also, occasionally, test again using aldara that I have, still nothing happened.

After I have recently used LEF for about 3 months... I have tested again using aldara [just to see what will happen]

To my surprise, this time, there was another marked skin reaction.

This time, aldara seems to dig the midway part of my shaft, where I felt the focal pain previously.  It is like this time, aldara recognised that section, and was digging that part.  The  other strange thing that I felt is that -- this time I felt aldara was hitting the nail on the conduit of "strange sensation" which I had felt on the meatus / shaft previously.  It may be rather hard to elaborate on this, but it is like when you met a therapist, who gave you a massage.  You had some nagging pain on one part of your body, and it is pretty hard to localise it.  However, a very skillful therapist can find the spot, and although it might be painful when he hit such point, at the same time, you feel something is being unclogged .  You somehow also feel the conduit of pain being exposed, and the relief you got when such location is addressed.  

That was the sensation that I got recently when using aldara.  Now, one might question why only now aldara "see" such problem.  I would say that LEF addressed the virus[es] that was there.  

It is well known that viruses linger in our body, because they secrete toxins to fool our immune system.  This is how they persisted.  When one uses LEF, the titer of the virus[es] is substantially reduced, and so does the toxins it secreted to fool our immune system.

Since aldara relies on our immune system to eradicate bad cells, when the viruses are there, it is pretty hard for aldara to unleash its full potential, as the toxins released by the resident viruses will interfere with aldara's ability to stimulate our immune system to kill the bad cells.

That is why I believe, aldara did not address the focal point previously.  There was also a number of white patches on the glans [suggesting it was addressing erythroplasia of queyrat like lesion] and also on the mid part of the shaft [could be bowens disease dysplastic cells].  There is also about 5mm part of my coronal sulcus that reacted to aldara.  I could say that one can tell aldara is working -- by "monitoring' the sensation down there.  After about 10 mins to 1 hr, there will be some kind of  "hot" sensation at selected location where aldara detected the bad cells.  The sensation might linger for about 1-2 hr and would dissipate eventually.

FYI I have put a bit of aldara in the urethra, by mixing it with Foban cream.  Aldara is rather potent, and the cream volume too small to introduce into urethra. I had to mix it with something sticky like Foban.  Usually I mix 0.5ml Foban with 1/4 to 1/2 packet of aldara.  I used 1ml disposable syringe and purge the mix into the urethra.  It does work that way.  I did that because I suspected some bad cells could be in the urethra.  AFter all, the midway focal point was in the urethra somewhat.  

Right now, after two aldara sessions, after using LEF, there is a small region of my corona sulcus which is still healing.  I normally used Foban cream to prevent infection.  At the moment, I cannot say for sure the transient feeling have disappeared, as I am waiting for the corona sulcus to heal.  So, I will update somewhat later.  But it felt like the transient abnormal feeling have disappeared.

If anyone want to use LEF, Magnesium Orotate is a must [1 cap 650mg, once or twice a day].  It is obtainable from Swansonvitamins.  LEF blocks the synthesis of orotate in our body, and that can cause some issue.  With orotate supplementation as above, such problem will likely not occur.  I have noted that when I took LEF for the first month without Magnesium Orotate supplementation, I have some issue with my lung. I suspect it was lung inflammation.  It is a known fact that LEF side effects include lung inflammation.  With Mg Orotate, that issue disappeared.

I hope the above helps

I wanted also to share additional info on aldara; if one uses it.  When it gets very bad ie the reactions, one can stop and let it heal.  And could resume treatment after the healing is done.  Aldara intense reaction may require temporary rest, and it means more than 1 session. During aldara use, one could get high fever, and very bad headache.  The headache could also be due to high blood pressure. This was not known to me, but aldara can cause HBP as a side effect.  It is because aldara stimulated yr body to release a lot of immune cells molecules [aka cytokines] that can make you feel very unwell.  If HBP is detected,  I think that is the time to stop aldara treatment and allow healing to take place.  After that a second session could be initiated, to see if there is any leftover bad cells lingering around.   For me, the HBP was relieved by using Hibiscus tea.  It worked like a charm for HBP

Aldara may also cause depression .. because it is known that aldara increases interferon levels in the body, to fight viral infection.  It has been reported that Interferon use for hepatitis c treatment causes the patients to have suicide ideation. Normally it starts with depression, eg having no motivation at all for etc.  However, I did not have suicide ideation I think, only depression like symptoms, which stopped about 2-3 days after stopping aldara

I am giving some update today.

The coronal sulcus (dorsal part of the penis) have healed. After about 2-3 wk its appearance (ie. that skin reaction appeared after about 1-2 wk use of Aldara)

During the healing period, there was an accumulation of yellow slough (it somewhat forms a "cap" on the corona sulcus - size approx 1 cm width and 5mm wide, 3-4mm thickness).  I was a bit worried as to what was underneath that thing, it has a slimy top but hard to remove for debridement..and needs to be washed off occasionaly to remove some slimy materials.  I kept on putting Foban or Gentamicin cream (with occasionally use of Bionect spray) during the healing period to prevent infection.  Had to use saran wrap to prevent it being dried.  Bionect spray can cause dryness though.  

After nearly 2wk, the slough size turned smaller ...about 5mm width, 2.5mm wide and 3mm thickness).  One of the days, I got some morning wood and was playing around abit.. and it fell off..the yellow and relatively hard slough. And revealing a crater (not that big) but blood was dripping from it.  After a few mins, the dripping stopped. After that, applyling the same antibiotics/Bionect spray, the slough disappeared, but a minor plug is still there.  

I can feel some strange sensation when I have an erection occasionally. It could be that there was internal tissue necrosis from aldara rxn killing the bad cells, so that the plumbing (blood supply/tissue repair/nerves) are being repaired still.  So, it is hard to say if all of the bad cells (which I suspect) have been completely removed

The reason why I stopped aldara recently, for the first and 2nd use, is because of the intensity of the rxn.  I think the maximum time of use is only 2 wk.  I cannot fanthom how patients could stand/be advised to use aldara for a continuous 16 wk period (in some cases thats the advice fr clinician).  Maybe it is just me. The unwell feeling is not pleasant, especially the depression/fever.  Perhaps I should have used only 3x a week (alternative days).  Instead of 5x a week (5 days a week continuous usage)

I may use aldara again in 3wk time to see if there is any further reaction. Also, I need to monitor if there is any residual uncomfortable feeling down there.  Thats about the update now. But all in all, I think LEF did work [and also Aldara].  

Aldara has been traditionally used for warts.

There are reports Aldara not being able to work 100% all of the time in cases of warts (See Pubmed 15656812 and 14660271 as examples); where cases may or may not respond to Aldara.

As I explained in the earlier posting(s), this could be due to the presence of other common virus(es). These viruses, although thought to be benign, can secrete various toxins to fool our immune system, so that it can persist in our body. If these viruses are not suppressed, etc therapy used to eradicate warts (eg Aldara), may not work 100%

Such toxins secreted by the virus(es) puts down our immune system (perhaps local immune suppression).

There is a very recent paper in PlosOne (PubMed 24586164), which reports how a very common virus ie EBV (a type of herpesvirus), is able to suppress our immune system ie via inhibition of TLR signalling.  

Importantly, Aldara works by inducing TLR7 signalling. When Aldara is used, TLR7 signalling is activated, and such signalling evoke our immune system to detect and eradicate viruses lingering in our body/cells.  

In the above paper, the authors mentioned that EBV produced a special protein called BPLF1, which can interfere with TLR signalling, by breaking the proteins participating in TLR signalling.  This causes TLR signaling disruption, and thus, may explain why aldara cannot perform its action efficiently all of the time, hence treatment failure in some of the cases.

I am beginning to wonder -- are there many cases of cancers, where various treatments have failed (including chemotherapy), have overlooked the essential role of the common viruses?  The common viruses might secrete various toxins that resulted to the cancer cells to become very tough to kill (the cancer cells become very resistant to cytotoxic effect of chemotherapeutic drugs). It might be important that these common viruses are addressed prior to immunotherapy or chemo treatment, although I would think the former is the best treatment route, rather than the latter, due to toxicity of chemo drugs.  Chemo drugs usually kill bad cells, yet the more sinister effect is that it damages the immune system seriously

Chemo treatment is usually very poisonous and statistics showed that it is usually fatal ie not worth the benefit (survival is not long/not good, yet the treatment cost is very high in terms of side effects and life expectancy)

Here is a summary of the paper *(pubmed 24586164 )

"Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) is a human herpesvirus that persistently infects .90% of adults worldwide. One factor underlying the ability of EBV to establish such widespread and lifelong infections is its capacity to escape elimination by the human immune system. Among the first lines of defense against viral infection is the human Toll-like receptor (TLR) system. These receptors can detect the presence of viruses and initiate an intracellular protein signaling cascade that leads to the expression of immune
response genes.  ..................................................................................
our study provides insight into the way in which EBV can subvert the human immune response, as we show that BPLF1 can remove ubiquitin tags from proteins in the TLR signaling cascade. This inhibits TLR signaling and decreases the expression of immune response genes.
hey man, how is it going? Is this cured for you?
If we want to get our penis checked what type of Doctor should we see? I have the same problem 2weeks my meatus gets stuck at least once a day. I do not discharge though.. My pee is normal. Im getting tested tomorrow, other than that I still would like to see a doctor. But dont know what type of Doctor to go see Tia
Hi, just thought I'd say: please try sugarfree cranberry juice with 2 capfuls of apple cider vinegar, 1 litre every day, to get rid of the fungus
so a CAP is a bottle CAP, like a tea spoon ful.
Has anyone who has these fish-mouth meatus lips/meaty lips that get thicker after ejulation/masturbation and who did all STD-test with nothing being found, already found some kind of cure?

Or can we assume this could cause cancer long-term???
I stopped LEF abt 2 mo ago or so. I thought to give it sometime to see if no flare up will occur again

I also started taking a lot of protein inc whey and etc supplements, and tons of brewed coffee of various types.. but it seems, gradually, the sensation appeared.  Only about 1 wk ago there was a flare up, and I reverted back to the DIY cream I made,

This time i added a speck of crushed LEF into the cream.  Seems to work  better than the previous cream, the sensation disappeared almost instantly. I didnt want to take LEF orally again, if that is possible [concern of any possible side effects taking LEF too long] ..thats why I opted now for the topical DIY LEF

Previously I used the DIY cream for about once a week, that was w/o LEF
added to it  [the cream contained diclofenac, itraconazole and Abx.. either minocycline or doxy]. There is a version 2 of the DIY cream ie using green tea powder, but thats just another diff option if required

It seems things have gone back to the "quiet period"

In any case, I think I made a right choice. .. as urologist didnt know what to do during my chronic stage.  

I suspect if you take a lot of protein, your IGF1 [read about it] will spike, and it has been speculated a lot by many ppl that IGF1 is bad news for cancer patient especially, it actually stimulate bad cells to grow faster
Could be that was the reason for my symptom flare up very recently

You can aso PM me if you hv any Qs =]

I shall update if required from time to time.. somehow Im pretty optimistic that this new version3 of the cream of mine [with added LEF] is a game changer.  

I know this as I can eat almost anything now these few days

Cheers for now

Hey Vaaal..how abt yr situation...whats yr status.  One Q...how did yr issue first started.. was it after a pesrticular sexual contact
Hello user97203. I have gotten a bit better, my pain level is around 3or 4 out of 10, which is very acceptable. Strangely the thing that worked most for me was actimel.. I really cannot tell why. It contains some probiotic, vitamin B6 and D, and probably in the next days I am going to try to buy these vitamins individually to test if they are really having an effect or I was getting better anyway, but it really seems to make a difference.

The thing that really didn't work for me was (again, STRANGELY) antibiotics. I was on a pain level of around 4 or 5 out of 10. I was found with ureaplasma on my semen, which resulted to be sensible to minocicline. Since the day I started taking minociclina my pain level went up considerably, to around 7 or 8, and it stayed so high all long the antiobitc treatment! After that, it went down again to 4 or 5. I really cannot explain this. Maybe the minocicline was weaking my immune system? This would make sense if I have a virus that my immune system is trying to get rid of, as you suggested.

I want to try an antiviral but I am very scared. What are the side effect? Where can I buy one ? Do I need medical prescription (I am in UK).

Anyway, it would be nice to also discuss this stuff through mail. I'll send you my mail through private message. :) a
To answer your question, I was having quite a free sexual life. Oral never protected (with several partners), penetration always protected apart from once.
I regret all of that now. But crying about the past won't make the future better.
just to try to add this to the watch list
I started drinking kombucha. Anybody have any experience with that?
Hi guys,

not sure if this will be posted twice - I had to log in after I first submitted, and I don't see my post.

Haven't been through all 59 pages..
Same old story - Tested 4x for all bacteria, and hpv, negative of course.

Problem started after receiving a ** - and I also had apparent Gonorea as well. This was improved with AB's.

The symptoms which i first noticed was a sensitive meatus, making it hard to walk. This was not all the time. Then I felt occasionally stinging sensations.. After this, the gono kicked in, and I had a very irritated urethra, burning pee etc..

After this cleared up, I was still having occasional stings - some when I peed, like half way up the uretha, and some on the meatus tip. This happened once or twice a day, not every day. After about 10 days, this went away.

I moved on with my life, but then the same thing started about 6 weeks later! Mid pee sting, occasional shocks, occasional inflammation of meatus. Bit of clear discharge.

I've had this happen about 4x now.. it doesn't respond to ABs, however it does seem to resolve itself, and then go dormant after 3-5 weeks. So I assume some kind of virus.

******* doctors keep telling me I stress to much and I am blowing symptoms out of proportion, and it will resolve in time. It has been 5 months. It has been calm now for about a week..

I've had an endoscopy, and urologist saw nothing wrong. He did find some Staff Epidermis in my semen, but I doubt that would be the cause?

Masturbation doesn't hurt, ejac doesn't hurt. In fact, the symptoms are quite manageable..

The only pressing issue is that it feels like my dating life is over. How can I tell somebody I have an unidentified incurable infection and expect them not to run away?
- How have you guys dealt with this> Sure, a condom for sex, but Oral?

It seems most guys here have a chronic issue - as in the problem is happening all the time, and with much pain.. whereas mine comes in cycles, and is just psychologically painful :)

As mentioned, I have been tested for HSV, no outbreaks either. A dermatologst examined my penis and didn't see anything, and if there were warts in urethra, endoscopy would have picked them up..

I see there are mentions of EBV and of CMV - were you guys tested for those viruses, or are they assumptions?  I'm scared to test for HPV, as that would not cause this (no warts) and I know most people have some strains.

Are there generic virus tests, or other virus tests that can be performed other than CMV and EB?

I've seen all these solutions using LEF and Aldara, but I don't have any sores.. I don't know if I should try it, given the nature of what I have prescribed?

Any comments would be great :)

I have the same EXACT symptoms, please message or post a note on my profile if you see this!
TLDR - try Diazepam/Baclofen suppositories

I've been dealing with this for around 10 months. I've tried many antibiotics, changed up soaps, boxer fabrics, and have gone through 3 urologists, but I've finally found something that works. I went to see a pelvic floor Doctor, who had a hunch that my pain might be due to compression of the pudendal nerve due to mountain biking. There are many reasons this nerve can become compressed, but I've spent a lot of time in the saddle so this was most likely my culprit.

The doctor prescribed:
10mg Diazepam / 10mg Baclofen suppositories taken once a day at bedtime.
The morning after the first dose, the pain was barely there and it has continued to diminish.

Please give this a try if you haven't already and post your results to this forum!
Hey there!

I've had a very similar simlar experience as many on here, but it only started about 6 weeks ago. There's irritation around the urethra opening (almost like flush little pin-prick red spots) and around the penis head (mostly on the sides). Seems to be irritated with masturbation, but abstaining doesn't alleviate symptoms entirely. I've been tested for everything under the sun and so has my girlfriend (only person I've had sex with). All negative, as the story seems to go.

We had unprotected oral sex (reciprocated) one slightly intoxicated night. A few days later I noticed I was experiencing irritation right on the tip of my urethra and around the head of the penis (I am circumcised). Naturally, I was nervous it was HSV (since I'm even Type 1 negative) or even thought it could be yeast-induced blantitis. UTI? HPV? Chlam/Gonn? Not according to any tests... The only thing that's came pack positive was a urethral swab for leukocytes. They gave me a one time, 4 pill Doss of Azythromycin and sent me home with Non-specific Urethritis (NGU).

Thought I noticed some improvement over HEB following days, but as usual it cycled back up. So far, I've truer Lotrimin AF, apple cider vinegar, Cortizone/Neosporin blend, changing to clean soaps and shampoos, changing boxers, using/stopping gold bond, and just leaving alone. Currently, I'm trying a blend of Tea Tree Oil Ann's Olive Oil twice daily. Thoughts i was noticing some improvement, but still seems like it comes and goes.

I'm not too optimistic anyone will post a magic cure for this predicament we share, but I'm open to any suggestions people have for alleviating symptoms. Hopefully this is a non-serious long term issue, which I can certainly live with, and maybe if enough buzz is generated there will be more research conducted on the matter.

I wonder if anyone has had a biopsy done who was experiencing these issues? Hell, I'd be willing Ron volunteer for science, if it means a chance of at least quantifiably diagnosing the issue.

Keep this thread and the dream alive, gentlemen. Cheers!
Welcome to the club. The meatus pinching issue ..zap like shooting pain from the meatus sensation..redness on the head.. are classical signs of the chronic problem faced by many here. Some Uros or Doc may call it chronic abacterial prostatitis, some may not. Most do not show positive on standard STD tests.  Some managed the issue with pain killer or sth like pain killer.  Since Uros/Docs are still not sure of the underlying reason, the best they can give you is medicine related to pain killer or they will address etc symptoms troubling you (not the trigger, as such trigger is not kown)
.

Most likely this issue is due to viral origin. What type of virus, still not known. There is no cure that can be given for viral infection unfortunately, especially if it is a mysterious one.  It is possible that multiple type / strain of viruses is causing this issue; and probably this virus only behaves badly in some ppl or depending on your medical history ie previous infection or existing subtle infection

Some thought this condition is due to PNE ..pudendal nerve entrapment.  There are risk factors contributing to PNE, but most ppl here, I dont think have such risk factors.

My impression is that if this condition is not addressed properly, if left untreated for a long time, it may cause more sinister problem such as cancer.  The pain being felt by many here is due to inflammation and this has been known to seed cancer, if left unattended for a long time.

To me, I have come to the conclusion that this is likely due viral infection, which causes inflammation, which could cause cancer in the long run.  Some ppl may have in the metus, however, if being left unattended for a long time, it may go into the deeper part of the penis ie urethra. The longer this issue lingers around, the harder it will be to be treated / to resolve

Eek... scary though.  Not much can be done about a risk without a reason. Let's hope something is discovered in the future that can help us out.
There is a controversy about Lyme disease..where some thought it could be sexually transmitted ie traditionally Lyme is traditionally thought to be transmitted only through tick bites.  Lyme could be related to our case, as lichen sclerosis(LS) is a condition with symptoms quite similar to the chronic issue. It could be that Lyme causes a persistent infection and this could be one of the issues (besides viral) that contributed to the chronic inflammation or pain.

Lyme bacteria is very hard to be detected..even using molecular technique such as PCR. The FFM technique is currently thought to be the superior method (focus floating  microscopy)

Here is an article of interest. Google "lichen sclerosus borrelia" The chronic and mysterious pain in our cases may be related to LS as this has symptoms overlapping to our condition....and LS  issue may have Lyme..or HCV..or HPV -or-..it could be that any of them could exist in combination. I think Lyme bacteria is very probable issue. Only last year scientist identified that Lyme bacteria can persist by avoiding attack of antibiotics when they changed into persister cells. When doc took samples of the affected penis with LS..they discovered indeed the bacteria is there. Last years research finding noted that the persisters can only be killed by pulse dosing of combo antibiotics.

Google lyme disease persister pulse
See article by B Sharma

LS can also be googled as "PMC25814697"

That definitely seems like a shot in the dark, but I have nothing to discredit it other than personal skepticism. It is extremely concerning that the issue has not received more attention.
Here are some interesting links: google treatment of lichen sclerosis antibiotics

Since LS is a probable scenario for our case, due to similarities in symptoms, it is worth a shot to use the treatment recommendation.  Remember, LS is a disease caused by Lyme bacteria, which is hard to detect, and it is known that Lyme bacteria has its own way in persisting, causing chronic infection

There is also a recent study, publishing about the effectiveness of stevia leaf extract [alcohol leaf extract to be precise], in addressing various forms of lyme bacteria ie spirochete and cyst forms.

See PMC4681354.  People with Lyme disease have been battling with Lyme bacteria for many years, as the various forms of the bacteria is hard to eradicate.  Now that recent study [Nov 2015] showed that Stevia alcohol extract may give a new arsenal for Lyme disease suferers, including those with LS.

It would be interesting for those with good medical access, to query for a diagnosis through Focus Floating Microscopy technique. If Lyme is indeed in the meatus tissue, that is going to be a good diagnostic thing that could help or guide your treatment.  
After taking the antibiotics I followed this guide strictly.

http://www.yeastinfection.org/penis-yeast-infection-causes-symptoms-risk-factors-treatment/

I've seen you in a couple of different sites, I need help in a bad way , the best the doctors can tell me that it's chronic prostatitis,. Cipro at first knocked this completely out but on my 5th week of taking it the symptoms came back even worse what have you found to work if anything
I ve suffered from the same thing for 6 months, finally solved this in a week i saw a doctor who is urologist dermatologist and venereologist. He knew what i was talking about. it was the first one and only of many doctors that knew about this. It is not an STD he suggested me to uncover my glans like if i was circumcised so the skin would renew itself and gain strength it took a week for me to heal. at first it was very uncomfortable but as the days pass it started to feel normal again and my meatus look pink and normal again. Try it, there is nothing to loose, anda worked for me.
I am trying to summarize what worked.
Candida: I drank peppermint tea then ate the teabag... This cured candida in under a month.
Chlamydia: lymecycline 1gram per day for 7 days on then 7 days off then 7 on again.
Ureaplasma parvum + misc urea: erythromycine 1gram for 2 weeks 10 days off then 7 days on again cured it.
Peeled foreskin back and applied a little apple cider vinegar for two days and finally peeled it back for a week and wrapped in tissue to keep dry.
Problem: how to get hands on antibiotics.... Find the right doctor.
Im going to try and convince my UR to prescribe me with Lymecycline. Can you please tell me how long you took it for and why you took 7 days off in between? Please and thank you!
I am using probiotics pill capsules in the morning and evening. They are focused on urinary tract and prostate. I feel that this helps a lot.
The brand is Garden of Life.
I have tingling burning feeling on my scrotum as well as the tip of my meatus! Have raised skin on the right side of my meatus which is tingling as well!! Any ideas, std tests negative had kidney stones which have been removed urologist inspected my urethra 5 plus times with scope! No bacteria detected, CBC normal, urin culture came back no growth! Any ideas???
Hi Swampfoxkilo, how are you doing now.  You might want to try a combo of Meriva Curcumin (Jarrow) and Phyllantus extract (Whole world botanicals Royal Kidney Breakstone, SKU: BKS-KID-LQ-1OZ).  These two combo will work quite good for the inflammation and any kidney stone you have.  

However, bear in mind that Phyllantus extract can cause hypoglycaemia (you may have somewhat sudden feeling of being hungry a few minutes after intake).  Phyllantus can also cause you to loose minerals in the urine (so supplementing with multivitamins/minerals maybe a good idea)
Has anyone cured themselves yet? There are a lot of answers to go through in this thread... I've had a red bump just towards the lower end of my urethra that comes and goes in size for the past year or so. Have tried doxycycline, minocycline and azithromycin but can't seem to get rid of it. After I finish urinating I have a few beads of urine that take ages to come out. Apart from a very mild stinging sensation at times I don't have any kind of pain.
Does everyone one here drink coffee ??  Just an idea. It would help us all if we all knew what we shared in common thus finding the cause.
Why do you asked abt coffee.. I had issues previoiusly .. ie cant drink coffee..but now its already ok.  

Currently I am on a new herb regimen, it looks like it is very stable now.. .. I guess I have to wait like another 1-2 months to say it is definitely giving a very stable resolution

4 years with inflamed meatus and 1 year CURED!

I wanted to follow up to this thread for a long time.  I've been "cured" over a long time.  Here is what I think solved my persistent issue that lasted 4 years:

1. Got rid of previous partner that I thought I contracted the issue from (I believe repeated exposure kept it coming back)
2. No PMO (Porn, Masterbation, Orgasm) for 1 year, other than sex with one new partner
3. Wear looser, stretchy undies and jeans
4. Don't excessively squeeze the area
5. Don't masterbate vigorously, or for a long period of time (#2 will ensure you still orgasm when you abstain for periods of time)
6. Clean up diet as much as possible with whole, healthy foods
7. Do not use my own spit to masterbate as I found that it caused inflammation compared to Eros silicon lube

The symptoms slowly faded over a year or so, to the point I cannot really tell if I'm still infected or not!  It's such a relief!  I had chronic meatus pain with one partner, and after leaving her (for other reasons) plus the tactics above it faded slowly over another year.  Now I use my tool with my girlfriend very often and it is no problem.  I also use my own spit now for lube and it's no problem, but I believe my own spit may actually have increased irritation.  Safe bet to use something you know doesn't add bacteria to the area.

So this has been a long journey and I am not sure if the problem will ever return, but I've increasingly masterbated and use spit and basically do whatever I want again with my new girlfriend and the symptoms have still not returned.  I feel like ME again and that is so rewarding.  Sometimes I just sit and think about how healthy my sexual organ works again and each and every day is a new lucky day.

I hope my tactics listed above may be something you can also consider that helps some of you with this persistent issue.  Take care.
Congrats my friend, happy to hear that you are relieved.  Have you been having unprotected sex with your new partner?  My symptomsare beginning to fade slightly and i tested negative for all stds but im still worried i can pass something along that was undetected.  Reading this forum, i don't hear of any guus claiming to get their partners infected.
Yes, I am in a committed relationship and engage in unprotected sex.  I too, was concerned about transferring something that the doctors could not detect.  However, after a little while I fell in love, felt better physically, and decided to go for it with her and allow myself to move past the concern.  It's been a year or so, as I mentioned, and she has no issues.  

My understanding is that we all have biological viruses and bacteria...hundreds or thousands of different varieties that affect each and every one of us differently.  You may infect her and she may not feel or notice anything.  In fact, she may infect you and the same could be true.  Or, she may infect you and you notice irritation or worse, while she never had symptoms.  I think if you engage in unprotected sex, you are opening yourself up to that option.  Of course I only learned this through this inflamed meatus experience.  However, my personal opinion is that if you are with a serious, committed partner...why not have fun in this lifetime while we can?
Long story short, I got a massage from a thai woman ended up recieving oral sex on 3/14. Few days later penis started to hurt. I have had chlamydia once before, so I went ahead and took Az 1.5g and 10 days of doxycycline. Meatus then became inflammed. Swollen to touch, pinching feeling in the tip,just doesnt look right. Sensitivity is unbelievable, cant even wear boxers. I went ahead and got tested a week later (3/23).

While waiting for my test I went ahead and took some more medication:

Cefitriaxione 500mg injection/another dose of Az 1.5g (given at test site for gonnorhea)
Metrinadazole 2g orally/ 1 dose (if it was trich)

(Fast forward 10 days later...)
Since receiving my tests all came back negative (Chlamydia, Gonnorhea, HSV 1&2, HIV, syphillis! Maybe taking the medication before cured C or G or maybe the antibiotics may have given me a false positive. I spoke with a physician that said I shouldn't have taken antibiotics before. Penis still burning after after peeing.

The only thing is my meatus is still swollen. Large amount of dribbling after urinating and it just sits there (I have been dunking my penis in saline solution to clear it out). I do get some shooting pains through my urethra as well. My incident was on March 14th. I tried masturbating once on March 22nd and it was excruciating. I then held out the next 2 weeks, until the April 5th I went pee and I was waiting the dribble was when I noticed clear/white discharge that was sticky.

I freaked out and went right to the hospital to have a close minded doctor tell me I was overreacting and this was normal and it was most likely prostate secretion.

After rejecting a culture to ease my mind, I ended up leaving with nothing. I went ahead and masturbated that night and it was better still very very sensitive. I went ahead and took another dose of Azithromycin 2g and 400mg of cefifixime.

Meatus is still swollen and sensitive....Because of the large amount and length of antibiotics I have taken, I realize that it is probably Candida fungal at this point. I am on oral fluc**tazole at the moment and am praying this will help. .

I saw another doctor in the meantime and she wants me to take moxifloxcin for 5 days 400mg and then follow that with levofloxcin for 5 days to clear and UTI or bladder infection. Moxi is successful with mycoplasma, ureaplasma, or chlamydia that may have spread to GI or prostate. Also I am in SE Asia, mycoplasma as well as chlamydia have strong resistant strains out here.

Please let me know your thoughts and any suggestions. I still have the pain (swollen meatus and burning after urination) but pray it will go away soon. I will be back in the U.S tomorrow and plan on seeing my GP. I just switched insurances, so this is my first time seeing him. Cant wait to see the look on his face when i tell him. I have had prostatitis on year ago, 30 days of cipro cured that!

1.) Do you think this is a UTI?
2.) Any suggestion that it could be STI in prostate or bladder, what test should i have my urologist do to see?
3.) If it is fungal, how long should I be on fluconozole... how long should it take to clear up.
4.) With all the antibiotics I have taken, is taking a swab test for bacteria or fungus even worth it? I know to get accurate results one should be off antibiotics for 2weeks-3months.

But please let me know anything that may help!
Hey man sorry for your symptoms.  I cannot tell you what to do but I do have a slightly different thought to add.  Consider non-traditional, out-of-the-box approaches.  What I mean is you seem super-focused on taking antibiotics, and that is fine, but you may also find success in little things like changing your diet, getting quality sleep, homeopathic remedies...etc.  Consider all of the food you eat and change it up, one at a time.  Eat very clean.  Stop watching porn.  I found https://yourbrainonporn.com/ very helpful.  

When the antibiotics fail you, like they did for me, I started doing different things and it did help.  Obviously if it is identified and there is an antibiotic to cure it, go for it.  But be careful using too many antibiotics as well because your body can have a harder time in the future if ever they are needed again.  I hate that balancing act but if you can be patient, it may be better in the long run.
I am also worried that it may be herpes.  I did not have a lesion or sore, but the sensitivity on the tip of my penis was unbearable.  Also the swelling of my meatus has gone down alot but still just doesnt feel completely 100% back to normal.  I am going to stop my antibiotics after this one and just focus on curing my candida.  But not knowing is killing me, legit making me crazy.  I have a girlfriend and I cant man up and tell her that I cheated on her.  Being absolutely pathetic *****. But it honestly just kills me not knowing
So all my STD test have came back negative, they have no idea what it might be.  I have pain in my sides after ejaculation and it feels like my bladder burns.  Still swollen meatus.  I have changed my diet around, but it does not to seem to be helping.  Please any advice is helpful
My problem started 5 days after having 10 min of unprotected vaginal sex with a women who had genital hsv.  She was my realtor and it was a spur of the moment thing.  Long story, but she's not a good person.  Anyhow,  have had meatus and glans sensitivity for 5 months.  Std tests all negative including hsv igg at 4 months, next is at 6 months.  I took valtrex for 2 months and it seemed to help with pain within 30 min of taking it.  But meatus swelling never completely disappeared and I stopped the valtex 3 weeks ago without change.  I had zero issues before messing with that lady and now I have seemingly permanent meatus swelling and glans sensitivity.  I cannot wear anything but regular briefs.  5 doctors and no answers!  Last doc was a dermatologist and he said it was probably irritation to the laundry soap, ugh.  I did have a candida problem when I was young but it didn't affect my glans or meatus, it was in the crease of my legs.  Candida was solved with diet change and a series of allergy shots.  But I don't feel like Candida is the problem here
Ive been stressing over this problem for over a year now and recently read through this whole forum with all of these different answers to this problem. This problem is literally driving me insane. Ive had an inflamed looking urethra tip. Looks swollen like a pair of lips. though, There isnt any real pain except during and after masturbation. There is also a slight pain at the end of urination but not during. It all started when i recieved oral sex over a year ago. I got the urine std tests done about a month or so later and negative. I actually also got another set of tests done today. Waiting for results. I am afraid that if this is not treated, it can lead to something sinister like cancer or something down the road. I've read all these answers about how people go to the urologist and doctor and basically have their problem get dismissed and say "its all in your head" type bs. Then ive read that people are taking these antibiotics mostly 2 at a time which most urologists dont perscribe more than 2 and some prescribe non effective ones. Then i read that people are getting them online somehow without a prescription. But How? I am afraid that if i do that, it might cause some reaction that can be fatal. How can i cure this problem? I am desperate and in a deep state of panic. Someone please respond
I am also starting to have weird mouth symptoms but i believe my wisdom tooth is coming in and causing periodonitis. My tosils look red and there are white patches on my mouth. There also feels like a constant clog in my throat at times like theres mucus built up in there. It seems to come and go. I am worried that this might have to do with whatever is going on in my genital region and the oral sex i recieved a year and a half ago.
Hello all, I wanted to comment on this board because when I was suffering this was one board that I used as a guidance, for assistance on how to get relief from my pain. There seems to be a fallacy in these boards where people only post when they are in pain and don't post when they are better. I'm the opposite as I have not posted in the past and was just a viewer and now am posting as I am better.

Im posting not only because I wanted to provide some positive outlook to those who are suffering but also because I wanted to add some insight to what I think is helpful and hurtful in this thread

My issue starting in November 2016, I went oversees and had unprotected sex. Two days after sex I noticed the inflamed meatus. About a week after the infection I developed a pink spot on the tip of the penis which was more pronounced when peeing. It would light up brighter when I would pee which i found to be quite strange. I was peeing all the time and it would burn when I peed. I developed Flu like symptoms which may or may not be related and checked into an urgent care. At the urgent care I took a urine test for UTI/chlamydia/Gonorrhea tested negative and received a combo of Rocephin shot, Zpac and Penicillin.

After finishing these antibiotics and not feeling relief I went to my primary who prescribed me with 5 days worth of Ciproflaxcin. This felt like it gave me some relief but after having sex I broke out in a weird rash that only lasted 10-15 mins. It still was burning when I peed and I was definitely going to the bathroom much too frequently. In the middle of December I decided to head to my local planned parenthood and got tested for everything again and was cleared. They told me that I must dealing with prostatis (which is wierd because I was 29 at the time) and that all I need is take Cipro for much longer! Great news i supposed at the time.

Fast forward two week later and all of a sudden I developed severe pain in my testicle. My left testicle had swollen up and the pain was even going into my leg. I emitted myself into the ER and went in for further testing. I was diagnosed with Epididymitis or inflammation of the testicle. The hospital gave me yet another shot of Rocephin and a bigger dosage of Zpac. I felt a little relief after leaving the hospital but was still in a lot of pain. On top of the testicle pain I was dealing with burning inside the urethra, swollen meatus and the skin on the head of my penis was looking worse with cracks on the glans and red marks.

At the end of the December, I saw a Urologist and Dermatologist who both had no idea what I was dealing with. After all the STD testing was negative and the doctors not recognizing what was occurring on the glans of my penis we couldn't come up with an answer as to what exactly I was dealing with outside of the epididymitis. My Urologist told me that he believed I may have Reiters Sydrome but I could tell he was guessing. When I looked up the symptoms it didn't align to what I had. The dermatologist perscribed me with Doxcycline of which I would take concurently with the Cipro.

In January I decided to get a second opinion from a Urologist who agreed that I had Prostatitis and that I continued with Cipro. I started noticing pain in the area between my anus and testicles as well as pain in the pelvic area. I would go weeks without master-bating because every time I did I felt more pain after the fact.  

This is where things started to really go wrong. I started noticing a strange rash on my hands. Then the joint/muscle pains really started coming in. My anxiety levels had reached an all time high I could barely sit in the same place for a minute. The most strange thing was this awful pain in my neck and in addition difficulty swallowing at times. It was clear to me that the antibiotics were having a negative impact on me. I called my Urologist to see if these were symptoms of side effects (spoiler they were) but my doctor said they weren't and continued. As my symptoms got worse I decided to get yet another opinion from a Urologist, one highly regarded in my town. At this point I had been taking Cipro for 3 months and Doxy for 2.5 months he told me that I needed to stop these dangerous antibiotics immediately and perscribed me with a vitamin that supplements the prostate. He also suggested that I must get on an anti inflammatory diet as what I have must have come from inflammation. From someone who was suffering from testicle pain the thought of getting off medication to just changing my diet was extremely scary. I decided that I would continue with my antibiotics and that was a huge mistake.

I'm 4 months into Cipro and 3.5 into Doxy and I finally hit a breaking point. My testicle was getting better but I was still in pain. Worse yet though was I was feeling joint pain and really have digestive issues. I was choking on my food and had extreme difficulty swallowing. I decided to get off all of the meds and let my body heal. It turns out this was the best decsion of my life. Although my digestive system got way worse before it got better, I was forced to get an endoscopy because I was only able to be on a liquid diet my swallowing was so bad. I was extremely worried how my testicle would respond. All of the doctors I saw said since i had it over 4 months it was almost certainly going to be a chronic problem. However, im pleased to say 3 months after stopping the meds my testicle pain is gone. It's still sensitive to the touch at times but I miles better than it once was. The head of my penis is getting better very slowly day by day. I haven't been diagnosed with Balanitis but I use a cream that treats it called Suragel, I believe it has helped relieve some of the immflammation on the glans as well as the swolleness of the meatus.

My point of this post is to spread awareness that although you may think more is better when it comes to antibiotics you should realize that it is not always the case and sometimes you may make things a lot worse. Also some problems will take a little bit longer to heal but even the rarest forms of Chlamydia can't survive in human bodies longer than 18 months. If you've made a mistake and done the wrong thing its OK and don't hate yourself for it just try to stay positive and take care of your bodies better in the future. If anyone has more questions for me about my healing process feel free to ask.

This is a great response.  Thank you for sharing.  I got caught up in taking antibiotics for a long period of time as well and had something similar. It is important for everyone to understand this
I want to thank helpplease555, for that post above.  Like him, I fell into the trap at convincing myself that it was an STD and tried to take every anti-biotic known to man.  I took very strong antibiotics for about a 2 months, until I could not take it anymore.  I have now stopped for a month and I feel the best I have.

Like many of you here I suffer from the same thing.

-swollen meatus like lips
-weird pain at tip of penis
-drippage after pee and ejaculation like it wont fully come out
-watery discharge after peeing
-Itchy thighs and scrotum
-Unebleivable sensitivity of head of penis, even to brush up on underwear.

I have taken all STD tests and all came back negative.  I even did a research study on the first urethral swab test for cancerous strains of HPV and even that came back negative. I was convinced it had to be a type of herpes due to the itching and prodome, but no lesions ever occured.  One small pimple did occur on the tip of my meatus and I for sure thought that this was it, this is my herpes outbreak, but I popped it and just like a pimple white pus came out and then went away, nothing else.   I though it was candida and changed my diet around and applied clortizamole everywhere.  Uro thought it was prostatitis and prescribed me 30 days of levofloxacin that I said no and did not take.  I have realized and accepted that I may not find an answer for what I have.  

This is the main thing that killed me, I needed to find an answer to this.  When I would find out that a test was negative I would convince myself it was something else.
It kind of turned into an obsession of figuring it out.  But what I have realized is that the sooner you start accepting it, the sooner you will start to forget about it.  Almost 95% of the posts in this group are when people are freaking out or having their symptoms at the worst time, its rare to see continued posts (rbaker, tornmeatus, and user are exceptions) which must mean that people either got better or accepted their symptoms.  

No matter what we have we will be ok.  If you just got it, the pain will subside with time and symptoms will get better.

Changing my diet and lifestyle have reduced the pain and not masturbating as much has lowered inflammation.  For me its only been 3 months too!  I read that some have for over a year, but do they change their diet. I try to eat healthy and not drink to much.  This has helped so much, I also switched to boxers from briefs.  Also silk boxers help tremendously.  

The main things that you need to know are that it can probably one of the following:

Bacterial, Viral or fungal

Bacteria: Most bacteria can be taken care of with antibiotics. Chlaymdia, Gonnorhea, and Syphillis can all be cured.  I have also done extensive research on mycoplasma and ureaplasma, which it may be if you still have symptoms after your initial treatment.  Usually Moxifloxicin will knock both of those out.  

Viral:  I believe what I have is viral.  I took HSV1 and HSV2 test and they both came out negative.  HPV also came back negative.  I have intching in my inner thighs and pain at the bottom of my tailbone, where the nerves are.  This gets worse at night.
Things I have started to research more:
-Other strains of the hepresviruses: CMV and others

Fungal/parasite: If it is fungal it is most likely candida.  I did take flucontazole for a few days, but I changed my diet around.  I did take metrinadazole (I thought it was trich) and it was one of the best medications I took for relieving my symptoms, which made me think that it was a parasite, but it came back once I finished taking. I also still use OTC cream just if my meatus inflammation gets really bad.

When you go to your doctor talk to them about these three types of infections.  My exposure happened in thailand from unprotected oral sex so my mind was going absolutely crazy with all the diseases they have over there....I am just glad that I do not have one of the main STDs.  Like I mentioned earlier accepting it is the first step and knowing that time will help.  If you would like to talk one on one please reach out to me and I will give you my number.

Hang in there boys its going to be alright!

hello guys, I have exactly the same symptoms as most of you. Did anyone ever consider the possibility that a varicocele may be causing this? Did any of you did an ultrasound of the testicles?
I have an idea that it might be a trauma caused by masturbation in pants when the sensitive tip was rubbed intensively against the fabric of the underwear. Just a possibility....
I have 3 symproms that might be related to one issue.
1. swallen meatus - fish lips om penis glans
2. sometimes small acne like pimples appear on inside of my thighs
3. sometimes swallen saliva glans
How do you guys have sex with this issue? First time I tried having sex, it hurt like hell when I tried to penetrate... Second time it also hurt and I couldn't maintain an erection because of it. Been going on since then, have some erectile dysfunction problems because I'm expecting pain...

Having suicidal thoughts lately...

Please help.
So I just read this entire thread, one question. Have any of your partners tested positive for anything. Did you still have vaginal sex with your mate? I'm assuming since they have no idea what this is. No tests caught it. Did any of your partners experience any pain or symptoms? Thanks
Mac
Hello guys, I want to share my story. I have been reading this and other similar topics on the internet and they have been a great help for me. I rarely posted. When I did, my nickname was vaaal or vaaal88.
I have had this problem since April 2016, so one year and a half ago. I am happy to say that now I am much better, but let me go in order. If you just want to know what helped, go at the end of this post.
At that time I was having a “colorful” sexual life, with different sexual partner one after another. The encouters were protected, but the oral was not. Also, *one* encounter was not protected at all (stupid, I know). However, please pay attention to this: I am not sure any of these encounter caused this. It may just be random. I believe that inferring from time series is very dangerous, as we may be biased in believing that some cause effect mechanism exists when there is not.
Anyway, this is my story. I am around 30yo and I live in the UK. My symptoms started on the 4th of April 2016.  Please notice that since one year prior to that, I had post voiding dribbling of urine. On the 4th of April 2016 I went in the bathroom to pee. This has always been a small nuisance, not cause by prostate issue (I was said), and I just learnt to live with it. That day after peeing I felt an annoying tingling and some (classic) dribbling. I felt like there was something still in my urethra that I couldnt’ get out. I masturbated, but this didn’t help and caused more dribbling and irritation. That’s how my nightmare started. For the next 6 months I kept having these syntomps: irritation, tingling, burning on the glans. These syntomps were particularly stronger after having urinated, but where mostly there ALL DAY LONG.
Life was extremely difficult and, like you, I had suicidal thoughts. My glans was irritated all the time, I ALWAYS felt like there was something inside the urethral tube. Obviously I started looking on the internet for reasons to this problem and, unwillingly, I became and expert of urinary-related issues. I think this is shared amongst all of us long-time sufferer.
Fortunately, I also kept a diary since the very beginning of this problem, so that I know exactly what I did, what I tried, and how I felt at each point. Keep a diary has been extremely important as I could track how good I was doing. I realize that when people feel bad, they overestimated how bad they have been in the past. Reading a diary and realizing that just couple of days earlier you were better (and thus you most likely are going to be better again soon) is a big, big help.

Anyway. The first things I did was to get tested for sexual disease. I was always clean to everything. Nevertheless, I was prescribed several antibiotics. At the beginning I tried doxycycline which seemed to work, but after a week the symptoms came back. After that, the next antibiotics had less and less effect, and at a certain point they didn’t work at all. I tried many antibiotics. I also tried some antifungal medication and some other general urinary medicine. This is a list of the stuff I tried during the first 9months. None of these worked.
ANTIBIOTICS
Doxy (2 a day) (started 20 May, stopped 12 June, it only worked for a while)
Azithromycin (1g 5 May, 1.5g - 14,15,16 June)
Moxifloxacin (16 - 28June, 400 mg, 1 a day for the first 6 days, then 16h regimen, from 25 started the normal regimen of 1 a day, until 28 June) total 2 weeks
Claritromicina+Trobamicina (6-12 July)
Minociclina (24 July - 4 August)
Ciprofloxacine (3 october - 1 november)
Erythomycine (31 November-17Novembre)

CREAMS (IRRITATION)
Cortopin (hydrocortison 1% twice a day, 4/11 until 18/11)
Daktarim hydrocort 1%+miconazole 2% from 18 to 24/11
miconazole 2%from 25/11
Mupirocin (ointment)
Cardiospermum Florasone Cream, 1 oz cream
OTHER
Metronidazole (23 June, 1 a day, 25 June took 5 pills (2g) and that’s it)
D-mannose (from 1 to 12 May, stopped)
Tamsulsin (1 a day) (started 9 June) (stopped 13 June)
Omega 3 (1 a day) (started 10 June) (stopped 13 June)
Uva Ursi
Mycozil
Vitamin B
Diflucan 1pill taken on the 18 on november and 2 more times in the past

(continues)
I tested (multiple times) at the sexual clinic. I also tested privately for other stds, by using an private service you can find online which tested for the following:
Chlamydia
Gonorrhoea
Trichomonas
Gardnerella
Mycoplasma
Ureaplasma

Herpes Simplex
Herpes Simplex II
HIV
Syphilis
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C
I was negative to all of this. I did (not in the UK but in my native country) urine and semen culture. One time from the semen culture it resulted that I had some mycoplasma. The lab did an antibiogram on the culture (that is, checking what antibiotics is it sensitive to) and it resulted mycocycline, together with doxycicline (which I had taken already). When I repeated the same culture few days later, the mycoplasma didn’t appear anymore. I did the antibiotics cure anyway but, as you can imagine, it didn’t work.

After around 6 months, however, I started feeling better. The first 6 months were just horrible, horrible, horrible. Then, it was less horrible, and some days I felt that I may actually survive this. During the first 6 months my average of pain/discomfort was 8. After that, for the next 3 month or so, it was 6 ½. This is still a lot and I still thought I couldnt’ leave with that. However, slowly improving gave me hope. Why was I improving though? No idea.
BTW what did the doctor say? Let me say that I have nothing but bad words for the UK health care system. It is, indeed, utter ****. Not only is swamped in burocracy, but the doctors are just not prepared for dealing with anything but the most stupid disease. In my case, they were of no help. Of course some urologist diagnosed prostatitis,  but as you may know this is just the name that they use when they don’t know hwat the heck is going on. In my case, my prostate didn’t look swollen.
After some months and some other failed attempt I did another trip in my native country. Here, thanks to the cheaper healthcare system, I did testicular scan (it resulted I have a varicocele, which I don’t think is related to all of this), prostate scan, bladder scan, retograde cystography. All these test returned normal results.
At this point, with my pain diminishing, I actually realized that all of this was connected with URINATION. This was difficult to realize during the first time, since I was in pain most of the time. But now it was clear that the pain was caused by urinating. Please let me be clear: I wouldn’t have trouble urinating, but I would have pain after having done it (irritation, tingling, dribble of urine) that lasted for hours. My glans always looked normal, a part from a little reddness around the phrenulum.
At this point I started to go for the dermatological cause. I went to a dermatologist and to an urologist and I think that’s the point where I really improved. Ironically, none of these two good doctors were in the UK, where it seems that there is NO good doctor at all, good Lord.
Briefly, (and summarizing what the 2 doctors said), the dribbling of urine that I had since 1 year priori the onset of my problem, may have cause a general irritation of the tube. This would explain why I felt mostly irritated after urination. The urine or the irritation generated a dermatological condition of the glans that would cause tingling etc.
Now, I am not sure that this is actually a correct diagnosis. After I pee I also feel some weird (but difficult to describe) feelign in my scrotum. How does this match with the diagnosis? No idea.
The urologist prescribed my terazosin. This must be taken for a couple of months to have effect, but it basically diminished the dribbling. And, incredibly, it worked!!  Do not get your hopes up: this was not a COMPLETE solution. I still had (and have) some dribbling, but it really helps. With the improvement of the dribbling, the tinglint and irritation also went away.
I am still taking terazosin one a day (doesn’t have any controindication) and I probably will have to all my life.
Another thing that really helped was the steroid cream. I really suggest you try this, but DO NOT EXAGGERATE. At the beginning when I tried it the effect was INCREDIBLE, and I thought I was completely cured. However, I had an horrible reaction to it: I was putting it everyday more than once a day. At some point I noticed my penis become more red and somehow wrinkly. One day after masturbation, when it went soft again, I noticed that my pain was all wrinkly, and the skin became SUPER DRY, like it seemed like paper. This was super horrible, I got terribly scared and I went to ER. Anyway with couple of days this went away, but lesson learn: do not abuse the steroid cream. But I have another solution for you: the dermatologist suggested to use the extract from the cardiospermum plant. You can find it in the florasone cream (they sell it through amazon, I think the vendor is in the states). This is similar to steroid but withouth the controindication. I used it very happily, and this also contributed to improving my symptoms.

So, slowly but steadely, I improved and improved. The Terazosin, together with several creams, contributed to this the most. I also started a routine to keep the glans clean. After peeing I wash it throuhgly. Generally I will still have some dribbling. If I do, I go back to the bathroom and wash it again. I do this even when I am at work. If I don’t do this, the irritation starts. If I do this, the irritation is still there, but is very manageable and quickly disappear. This means that everytime that I have to go in the bathroom, I actually have to go twice one after another ( I cannot just wait in the bathroom, as the dribbling is caused by the movement, and the irritation starts only when I move, so when I go from the bathroom back to my desk).
I can happily say that my life is now completely liveable. I am not in the state when I am scaringly looking for solution on the internet. I think that even if I have to leave with this all my life, I would still be happy. Btw since now I am also quite fine, I am rarely putting any cream there anymore.
Nowadays my condition does not limit me anymore. Before I had a complete social withdrawal, for obvious reason. Today I only have to be careful to plan my “urination” time wisely (as I need to be able to wash it and probably to go back to the bathroom twice).

Even this last part is now improving. Recently I have been considering the possibility that my urine may be infected, and thus causing the irritation. Of course, I have considered this in the past already, that’s why I took the antifungal and antibiotics. Now I am trying something different: cut the sugar. If it’s a candida infection, it may be candida glabrata, a resistant type of fungus. I am not sure if this will get rid of the irritation completely, but I will let you know. The good thing is that I am trying this kinda of “idly”: if it works, great! If it doesn’t… whatever! My life is still great now.

SUMMARY: I believe that my urine may have cause irritation on the glans/phernulum. I take terazosin to decrease the dribbling. This works but it takes a couple of months to work. To help the irritation, what worked was steroid cream and cardiospermum cream (e.g.you can get florasone from amazon, but I know that some country have other version as well. I am in UK and I could only find the florasone one). Also, and equally important: wash thoroughly after peeing, and also after the dribbling. Keep it clean.

If I realize that reducing sugar results in a big improvement,I will be back updating you guys.

Finally, I want to say to all the sufferers out there: hold on guys. I know what you are goign through. Is terrible, and it makes you feel like your life is going to end. My advice is: just hold on. THis is most likely going to go away. Keep trying different stuff, and think rationally about what it could be. KEEP A DIARY. Try different solution. Think scientifically about what you could have, how you could cure it, and what to do to cure it.
Also, if you are in the UK (but probably applies elsewhere): there are ways to overcome this horrible, horrible healthcare system we have here. Do not be afraid to try those. I am not suggesting anything illegalt, but just: be smart. If you want to try a new antibiotics because a paper suggest that it may be useful, PRINT IT AND BRING IT TO YOUR GP. Be convincing, *whatever it takes*. You know what I mean. Good luck guys, my thoughts are for all you.
I will keep reading regularly this topic. If you write, I will reply
BY VAAAL, vaaal88,

Also, some other information is worth sharing. Someone was wondering if this is something we can give to someone through sex. I don’t know. During all this time (and just since the beginning of my disease!) I had only one, lovely, unique girlfriend. At the beginning we didn’t have sex because of my problem (I was feeling to depressed for doing any). Then we did, with protection. After having reassurance from all those tests and all those doctors that I did NOT have any infections, we started doing it without any protection. Not we do it regularly, mostly without protection. She doesn’t have any problem.
Also, my “native country” where I did the urine and sement culture is Italy. In Italy these an other tests are around 40 pounds, nothing compared to the UK where you cannot really get this tests privately even if you wanted -___-
Ah, and btw, I also considered other options: strictures, diverticulum, etc. I didn an MRi and it was all good. As usual :P
vaaal
When you took the urine and semen test were you taking any antibiotics at the time? Because I've been taking doxy for about ten days and I don't know if it will interfere with the test results.
Thank you for your reply, has anyone else passed any symptoms on to their female partner?
Anybody?
i think i have my wifes always got discharge problems since being with me but everyones symptoms are mine exactly
can i post a pic of my irritated penis tip?
I had pretected vaginal sex but she gave me the condom out of the package after she lubed herself up with what I think was spermicide I don't know if there was any transmission there but it worrys me. What also worries me is before the sex she gave me a handjob but she spit on my penis when she did the handjob, again I don't know if that is probably cause for transmission. I'm hoping the urethritis I have is from the spermicide and not any std/sti. It was at a massage parlour my friend took my for my birthday I should Of never went I have so much guilt I want to tell my wife everything I'm so sad and depressed. I went to the urologist and told him everything he did a exam and said I had urethritis and prostatits from it. He prescribed me a month of doxy and said it should wipe it out. It's been about a week and it feels a little better as in I can walk in jeans but still feels a little tender. My fear is that I'm gonna relapse again as soon as I'm done. I want to masturbate and see how it feels and have sex but from what I'm reading it says it'll make it worse

I'm so scared for my health and my wife's health cause I just found out she's pregnant. All I been reading about is failed medications and remedys and no one knows what it is. Is it yeast. Bacteria, virus. Super clamydia. Ureaplasma or mycro plasma genitalia. I can't remember the last time I smiled or had a good time.

I wondering if I should stack it with more antibiotics or what? there's no way to test for it cause every test I took already came back negative. I hope I caught this early enough where I could eradicate it and cure it

If anyone found relief or information on what this is or how they got cured please help me. My life is falling apart.
tea tree oil or lotion with tea tree oil gives me much relief
Thanks. What else have you tried
Hello everyone! This has been going on for 3 months. I have a red, inflamed/swollen and irritated (just the bottom part) of the meatus, like a "u-shape" with right side more inflamed and bigger than left side. Additionally, there was a distinct "cut" just below the right inflamed portion of the meatus. Two other things I had noticed, first, there was a pimple (bled only slightly) in the narrow area where the buttocks end and lower back starts, not all the way in the butt crack but at the very end of it. Second, on my mouth, my lower lip remained very dry & chaffed for a few weeks and upper lip remained normal, both of these things have never happened before!

Used Miconazole for 2 weeks, used Clotrimazole/Betamethasone for another 2 weeks, Clindamycin, then did the Azithromycin 5 day. Urologist says a frenulum tear that will take time to heal. Looks like the tear has healed somewhat, but swollen red tip still remains, irritation is still there on an off, some days are better than others, it has improved over time. I have been drinking probiotic and immune enhancing Yogi tea, taking turmeric and fennel seeds everyday.

Considering to seek help from Emory Special Diagnostic Services, they are similar to the famous Dr. House TV show.
Get tested for ureaplasma and mycroplasma. I'm pretty sure we all have it and that's what causes it and there pretty much no cure
Would anybody know if a prosectomy would help? I know it's extreme but it sounds like our prostate is horboring this bacteria or whatever it is and causing reoccurring and persistent symptoms.
Longstory short I got a handjob from a rub and tug and the dumb broad spat on my penis to use for lube. Week after I started feeling irritated meatus dribble after urination but no discharge or burning urination. I'm married and just found out she's pregnant too had sex before symptoms showed but haven't since them.

My first urologist gave me a 30 course of doxy im 2 weeks in and It feels like it's working he didn't run any pcr test at all which worries me. But when he tested my urine for protein, white blood cells and bacteria he said it was negative. He said I have prostatitis and assured me i didn't give my wife anything and that this is common.

Second urologist "second opinion" I told my story and he gave me the pcr test still waiting for results though. But I'm afraid the doxy might cause a false negative. He said finish the doxy and come back if I'm still in doscomfort.

I made an appointment with a very reputable urologist that I'm going to ask very politely to give me every test under the sun and please give me proper anti biotics.

I revisited my first urologist and assured me again that I'll be fine and I'm gonna live speach. He said let the antibiotics run their course and allow them to work and if not they'll give me something else.

I still have minor discomfort after urination and a shrap stab sometimes in my prostate. I just want answers and for this to be over.