Urology Community
Persistent Inflamed & Irritated Meatus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Viewing 601-632 comments:
Rbaker..and those who believe it is fungal..could also do a swab..google "candida swab". if your symptom is due to fungal, the most common is candida..the staining fr the swab (meatus) can detect fungus. there must be a swarm of the fungus or candida if you believe it is the agent there..if you dont see a swarm of candida or fungus under the microscope through the swab/staining..then it is ridiculous to say its candida or fungus

I recently used Leflunomide, and I beleive it is the one answer missing. Most likely our issue was due to viral agent(s)..CmV being one major culprit I believe, HPV is relatively benign..not until cmv is inoculated ..I beleive Cmv porentiated HPv activity...thus the hpv infection (which is very common) became a symptomatic, chronic disease. CMV can passed  through oral contact..as CMV shedding hotspot is salivary gland.. CMV is recently reported to cause autoimmune disorder ..and various cancers.  Google "cmv autoimmune" "cmv leflunomide"
Guys after dealing for 2 years with red meatus, appeared days after unprotected sex and having gone to different doctors and taken all the antibiotics in the world i just recently stumble in what i think might be a CURE .

I don't even begin to tell you what this thing did to me psychologically but now i see my meauts back to pink, normal and the weird feeling that came with it like prickly groin seem to be also going away!

The first urologist i went to, i think nailed it. He told me "you don't have an a STD, women sometimes have fungi" and gave me Econazole cream. It didn't work, even after i applied it for an entire month but  I always though it was doing something good at one point it did clear for a few days but then redness came back and no amount of cream ever made a difference anymore. I tried TeaTree oil and it cleared peeled and come back the next day. Garlic pill, oregano pills,
vitamins , zync diaper cream, coconut oil you name it i tried everything. nothing made a difference.
I never had the raised lips some of the guys talked about but i think that's just a different degree of inflammation . I'm not circumcised .

Then one day i bought MONISTAT 7 . It didn't work either
after a week so i left it alone. Time went by i even try to tape my penis open for a week so to dry the fungal infection .Nope.Wrote a journal to keep track of what i ate what i applied..went nowhere with that either i kept reading it trying to find clues after months of records..nothing.
Finally just to try another thing i read on the internet i decided to use MONISTAT in combination with APPLE CIDER VINEGAR applied DIRECTLY and UNDILUTED(other than the 5% that it comes in the bottle)
Breakthrough! So try this:

Soak a Q-tip it in the AppleCiderVinegar bottle, squeeze glans (glands) so to open the slit of urethra and apply the vinegar on meatus, glans (glands) and yes inside urethra let if flow in there. IT STINGS , BAD but just for a moment and leave it there to dry don't wash it go on with your day.
Do this in the morning and when you come back from work in the evening; possibly right after you pee so for a while nothing washes it off. NOW to compliment this at night before going to sleep take a pea size amount of MONISTAT 7 open your urethra and PUSH THE CREAM DOWN THE SLIT and apply allover the glans (glands) and foreskin if you have it. Go to sleep.
Next morning pee, shower ,dry(i used airdrier to dry glans (glands)) and reapply apple cider vinegar, then apply MONISTAT again and go to work. If you want you might reapply mid day.
Always make sure to dry urine after peeing with toilet paper squeeze the very last drop out dry and again until there's no more.
AFTER A COUPLE OF DAYS I NOTICED THE MIRACLE WAS HAPPENING. I'm not cured yet i know if i stop will come back i've been doing this for just a week but i finally think i found a weapon against this thing so give it a try and i really hope will help some of you.
The thing with the AZOLE family of antifungal agents is that they don't kill the fungus they inhibit the growth that means that you have to rely on the natural shedding of the skin to go back to healthy and that can take weeks! that's why you don't stop treatment until after you're healed and beyond !
Maybe the apple cider vinegar induce some kind of gentle chemical peel (i didn't actually peel) and it's also in itself an antifungal so..who the heck knows and cares it just seem to work!!
Good luck and don't worry it won't get worse, it won't infect anybody, it's probably just a stupid stubborn fungal infection and IT WILL GO AWAY.
Peace!
Hey! So im dealing with the same thing, went to urologist and see otolaryngologist said it's probably alergic (allergic) reaction gave me creams nothing worked even antibiotics. I will try what u suggested. Mine is reddish but after ejection thers a big round red circle surrounding the meatus, plus a felling of tingling and like few drops left after urine..im so frustrated
but what treatment did u do? did it work?
Avatar n tn
I recently had anal sex with a female and she used lube. I now have similar symptoms (irritated meatus, meatus stuck together, burning when urinating, tested negative for all STDs). My symptoms started about a week and a half after my sexual encounter. (We had oral, vaginal and anal sex). It started as itching on tip of penis then really bad burning when urinating. Got on cipro, did not help. Have had symptoms for 8 days now. Now my L eye is bloodshot for the past 2 days and I am a little freaked out (conjuctivits?). Were there any more developments after the post for feces bacteria? Has anyone actually tested positive for fungus or feces bacteria?? Thanks
Avatar n tn
I had same symptoms and same follow up as 90% of people in this forum and other forums online. Received oral sex (that was very rough) that caused Chlamydia week after. Treated clam succesfully  with the use of cream (not OTC, Ketoconazole2%) and a single tablet of Fluconazole, the redness persisted and it caused pain on friction with my clothes, needles and sharp pain (although not during urination) and very inflamed after sex of masturbation. Red lip of meatus seemed to grow.  That persisted for 2 months. After reading all the forums and freaking out about having a chronic condition here's my advice: STOP READING FORUMS and go to a doctor. I got prescribed Cephalexin antibiotic antibiotic 2 times a day and after 4 days my meatus started healing and the pain dissapeared almost 80%. I can see how the redness and rawness  of the meatus starts being covered by pink skin again. It was a bacterial infection although not and STD, its called NGU Uretritis. Internet is full of horror stories, Im sure the struggle of a lot of people is real but if you are reading this and freaking out like I did please understand that internet is full of horror stories. I thought I would have to live with this forever and now it's almost healed. So that can be your case too.
sexually transmitted adenovirus has been shown in a number of case studies to be related to simultaneous meatal swelling, urethral irritation and conjunctivitis.  It is also mentioned in up-to-date urological manuals.  

Good luck getting any doctor to test for it, but it could be a real possibility if bacterial tests fail to turn up anything.
Geez... prostatitis affects 10pct of men..90pct of that 10pct are called chronic abacterial prostatitis (CAP)...some are mild..some are serious... current uro field has NO IDEA at all as to the exact reason.... just becos Uro dont know what it is..does not mean there is nothing there..could be they are just ignorant of what it is really about.. eg did u know that only recently in 2014 scientists discovered that cmv is linked to autoimmune disease? (google cmv australia autoimmune) .. ppl hv always said autoimmune has sth to do with yr genetics what not..but in actuality...it is cmv is one main culprit..perhaps some ppl hv a type of genetics with lower resistance to cmv..  If Uros are at a loss on CAP..what is yr credentials to tell ppl that they should not try to understand the issue and get etc info fr the net to try and resolve it the best they can?
Here is a rather old publication:  google PubMed 18615364.

For those who didnt catch about the term "chronic abacterial prostatitis" = the definition include IRRITATION of the lower genitourinary (GU) part of the male (any areas in the lower GU, eg bladder, testis, urethra, meatus, glans (glands).. surrounding areas of the affected region)

Doc may or may not use such term to "diagnose" your condition.

If you are negative on STD test and still have lingering irritating issue despite taking various ABX for like months, it means you are a member of CAP club

And if you do PubMed search, there is still NO new update / review on the CAP  "treatment".  Any "treatment" done (currently) is only attempt to resolve or address any immediate troubling symptoms, as the actual issue underlying or triggering the problem is not entirely known by the Urologist/healthcare system

I missed out one. Google pubmed 26951713. It is the latest publication on chronic prostatitis. Note the keyword sentence in the summary.  

"Many individual therapies have been evaluated in the treatment of CP/CPPS; antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medications (including bioflavonoids), neuromodulators, alpha blockers, pelvic floor physical therapy and cognitive behavior therapy. Each of these has been found to have varying success in alleviating symptoms"

Keywords:  ALLEVIATING SYMPTOMS. Currently, they (Uro) are only able to ALLEVIATE the symptoms.  They cant cure the disease, as they have no full knowledge of the pathogenesis ie what (agent(s)) caused it and how it turned out to be like that

Because they dont know the best treatment, thus, the statement prior to the above mentioned: "This often leads to a nihilistic approach to patients and clinical outcomes are poor."

So, dont be surprised if there will be more ppl being frustrated, as it is a fact that the current system is at a loss on the exact reason behind CAP
Avatar n tn
CURED:

Here's my case: I'm not going to repeat my symptoms, but I've been following this thread for 3 months now when my nightmare started. Here's what worked for me after some trial and error and what I suspect it is.

What we have is a polybacterial infection of the prostate/urinary tract. It started when bacteria entered our system through sex (multiple reported getting infected through oral, like my case, specially oral sex with micro wounds from teeth or skin tear) Once the infection starts candida overgrowth appears as an opportunistic secondary infection that mask the main polybacterial infection. The secondary infection then moves up to the prostate or testicles , even if only the meatus is the more visible area of inflamation (inflammation), meatus is connected to rest of urinary tract so you need to take care of the whole urinary tract not just the meatus. Here's what I did and worked for me. 1st. Took care of clam infection with fluconazole and ketoconazole antifungal cream. Once clam is removed attack the polybacteria fast before it develops a strong biofilm in your prostate and becames chronic. I took 2 weeks of Cephalexin 500mg twice daily, right at the end of the course I got treated for ghonorrea (4 doses of zpack and antibiotic injection of Ceftriaxone) this is important as most of this bacteria are resistant to an antibiotic, but they can't fight 2 or 3 combined. Now what REALLY helped me and it seemed the last resort was uva ursi, a diestetic suplement. Uva ursi is extracted form the leaves of a berry plant, but it works great for prostate infections as the main antiseptic ingredient has a lot of penetration into the prostate, destroys bacterias biofilms and its eliminatetd through urine intact, so it also helps with meatus. It also has antiinflamatory properties. Its toxic so you can do it for more than 2 weeks, but I took it 3 days before ending my antibitics and I noticed 80% improvements after 2nd day. You can combine Uva Ursi with some kidney supplements to help flush out everything out of your system. Also try to keep you urine alkaline as Uva ursi works better with it (avoid alcohol and cranberry juice). Last but not least, all other creams and things that I applied to meatus made it worst, its not a skin infection, its the mucose membarane, so stop applying things to it it will make it worst. The best thing you cna do is saline solutions, warm water and sea salt, twice a day, to keep meatus clean and soothed. Also you don't have to avoid masturbation, its good to avoid bacteria infecting semen or epididymis to keep things moving down there, but limit it to twice a week and very gentle, clean it well after. Good luck my friends!
Avatar n tn
As a followup from above, I want to say that all my std test and urine test for bacterial infection came back negative, so its a bacteria that its either hard to culture and detect in tests, that hides in the prostate or its a common bacteria that its not considered harmful but it reaches to tissues that aren't supposed to colonize, so docs are clueless about it.
Has anyone tried metronidazole combined with miconazole cream?

Been having this red meatus lips (especially after masturbation) for 1.5 years now. All tests negative (tested urine twice; even once after a prostate massage; put a swab in my glans (glands) and brought it to the hospital...
ALL negative.)Tried Azitromycin, itraconazole with miconazole, daktarin, ...
Nothing seems te help... FML, seriously :(
How did you go about getting prescribed all those meds?  I feel like it would be impossible to convince any of the docs I've seen to prescribe 1/2 those meds.
Is this a reply to my message? :p
Did u really have Chlamydia? Did it show positive on the STI tests?
Did u have Chlamydia and ghonorrea?
I find your post very complicated and confusing... I've got an red thick meatus with lips around for about 1.5 years now, STI test negative, received a prostate massage and the liquid was checked: negative. Also my urine was checked 2x separately and negative...
Did your tests came back negative before u started this treatment? How the heck can u get these medicines then?

I really don't get it. At first the doc thought it was Chlam, so gave me 1.5 grams of Zithromax. (this when l was waiting for the STI test results), STI turned out negative, urine too, prostate massage too, so doc was clueless. On another forum someone was cured from this problem using itraconazole with miconazole cream. I tried that for 2 weeks (400 mg per dag) and smearing this miconzolazole nitrate 20 mg/g twice a day on the meatus, and it didn't help anything.

So are u saying that l should start from the very beginning and take azithromycine again, followed by these other AB's and injection??? Pretty insane.
In later posts you say all your STI test came back negative. Very confusing man :s can u be a bit more precise please?
I mean l've been walking around with the swollen meatus for a year (especially after masturbation, with lips). After this year l started asking myself the question whether such a meatus is normal or not. Got checked for all STI and negative. So, if l had Chlam, it'd still be visible in the tests, right? Anyway, l tried 1.5 gram zithromax and also a combo of itraconazole and miconazole nitrate as u can read if u go down. Nothing helped.
No. Was to John 8181.  Not sure why it was not in line with his comment.  I replied to his first "Cured" post.
On some other forum I found someone who was cured of this with the following treatment. Here is his post:
"Okay so,I am a genetic engineer from Greece,lives in New York.I had the exact issue..I have found the solution just recently.

You get %70 alcohol wipes from CVS,you wipe it gently everytime after you pee.Please WASH YOUR HANDS everytime before you do this.After that apply a body lotion that has NO SENSE in it.Meaning like strawbeery,Orange or any kind of flavor.Just regular body lotion.The redness will burst after a while like around 2 weeks.You will have those white bumps right around the pee hole.DO NOT PANIC! This means now the virus is out and it is about to die.Take a warm shower everyday.After the shower,again wipe the pee hole gently.Make sure those white stuff comes out and redness will appear,if it is severe it might bleed,do not panic! ,it is normal.and apply ABREVA on it including body lotion.Take a SOFT toilet paper and wrap your penis,and gently place it in your underwear.Wear brief slip underwears,and then your penis does not fling around during the day,and it gets less irritated.keep apply the same thing all the time after you pee.Because,once you pee ,Uric Acid makes the redness/wound open up easily.You might think Alcohol also opens up the wound,YES it is right but it cleans up the area!..That s all I can say.My wound is about to die.This might takes 3 to 4 weeks to clean up all.
All my STD / HIV tests are NEGATIVE.Doctors could not find a cure on it.Some thought fungus or some kind of virus.No ,it is just a bacteria that sits on your pee hole,because it is moist and gets fed by the vitamins and waste nutrions that has in your pee.Do not use Hydrocortizons because it also feeds the bacteria and keeps it moist (Hydro means water base).Please,yet again,you have to be really careful with your hands.Do not touch your penis without washing your hands.Do not use sanitizers for your hands,use regular soap,and also wipe your hands with Alcohol Wipes.Change your underwear everyday.Be sure,everything is clean.I know I sound like some kind of OCD but at the end ,you are just being happy after seeing the results.

P.S. Try not to have sex or masturbate during the treatment.You certainly decrease the irrtation by not having sex or masturbating.

You ll pray for me!

Thank you all "

Does anyone think this is a possibility to treat this problem?

Is this topic closed? Coz my replies aren't appearing here...
Well, that guy said "This might takes 3 to 4 weeks to clean up all. "
That says it all. He is not 'cured' yet.

Some are adamant its fungus -- as I emphasized earlier, if it is fungus, you have to do a swab. The swab will tell you if it is really fungus. Because candida/fungus can be swabbed and watched under a simple ordinary microscope. If no fungus seen, then it is not fungus.  Typically, candidiasis, needs no swab because it causes thrush -- in the mouth /oral area it is called oral thrush.  White tongue is an obvious sign of candida colonisation

This issue,. is most likely related to virus[es] infection. It leads to development of dysplastic [abnormal] cells. That is why you have the lingering irritation.  Only broad antiviral would work on it.  

I have tried 2 times per day 200 mg of itraconazole, combined with miconazole cream on the meatus twice a day. Nothing improved at all. So it is not a fungus.

To me it doesn't really irritate as in hurting. But the red lips / area around the meatus kills my self-confidence.

Do you think it is causing more trouble inside the body? Maybe in the urine bladder ?
My urine and prostate liquid were tested and nothing abnormal was found, but they probably checked for bacteria?
* tried that antifungal treatment (thought it would solve the problem, as nothing was being found in the tests) with itraconazole and miconazole cream for 15 days. 400 mg per day is already a high dosage, which is pretty heavy for the liver. I was told that this itraconazole works for another 2 weeks in the body.
It can't be a fungus.
What antiviral(s) could solve this problem then? Any idea?
user09203 has reported success with with Leflunomide (LEF).  

pptjv, I believe you are on the other thread as well, but user09203 posted this about his progress with LEF:

Update
Here is my update

I think I can say the stable condition has definitely improved further..to a condition that is markedly resolving

The transient sensation does appear at times, but it is now significantly lesser in terms of frequency and fainter in intensity

Pretty hard to describe in words. Previously, there has been one major focal point, midway of the shaft on the left. And also the meatus, usually the left. When my condition was "stable", the topical cream didnt give much reaction anymore, but I think it did help to stabilize the condition (frequency of use was about once or twice every 2 wk).

Since I was on oral LEF recently, I did re-use the topical cream (diclofenac voltaren max + egcg + a pinch of ascorbly palmitate). And this time the same cream gave a different major reaction. The left side, midway urthra, and left side of the meatus felt sizzling hot. There was also some sensation on the right wall of the urethra [mid way] and a bit of sensation on the right wall of the meatus. This didnt happen previously. In all, there was inflammation, wasnt that terrible, but it does feel painful if I press those focal points where the reaction occurred

After one week I stopped using the cream but continued on oral LEF. The inflammation subsided and it did feel lighter down there significantly after I stopped the cream.

On week number 5, it seems I hv some itchiness on my right groin. Not sure what caused it ...But it is said side effect of LEF includes skin rash. Tea tee related cream seems to sort out the itchiness. Could also be when CMV is addressed by LEF, your body now starts "seeing" whatever other viral bugs that was previously "hidden " through CMV activity. HPV is very common and there are many types, it could be that, not sure though.

The other "new" thing [week 7] that I felt popping out is the bladder. I dont know if it was because of the lemon balm tea which I took, but there was some sensation there. Again, my hypothesis is that, when CMV is addressed, gradually, your body starts uncovering "stealthy bugs" that have been protected by CMV. Without CMV, it is not exposed and yr body starts addressing it. It could be that there are residual abnormal cells in the bladder, as previously I did have bladder irritation.

At such time, I have taken 2x100mg of itraconazole [oral] and immediately the issue was resolved. I believe that the combo of LEF and Itra did address the remaining hidden dysplastic cells there. After taking itra for 3 days [total 600 mg], I did not feel anymore sensation at all. And I also felt something new.

Previously, I always have felt after urinating, there will be a few drops of urine being 'stuck' at the base, felt like it did not come out totally. Had to force it out by squeezing the base. But now, that sensation is totally gone! I didnt feel that anymore. Could be that there was also some abnormal cells making up a minor plug at the base and that caused such sensation

I am currently pausing the LEF. Because I think it is better [as stated by patent WO 1999045908 A2, claim 9] to take it with orotic acid [aka orotate] supplement [awaiting supply]. I didnt feel any major irritation spike stopping LEF - after all, it has a rather long half life ..about 14 to 20 days

LEF has two activities: antiviral and immune suppressing activities. You dont really want the 2nd activity. That is why in the patent the author suggested taking "pyrimidine" supplement. LEF prevents synthesis of orotic acid [a pyrimidine, precursor to DNA] and that could cause immune suppression. So, orotic acid supplement [such as Magnesium orotate] may be ideal while using LEF

So, my opinion is that LEF + Itraconazole [200mg a day] and orotic might be the best combo. How long one has to take LEF, perhaps 3 months is a minimum . LEF is usually taken at 100mg for 3 days, thereafter 20mg a day. Itra could be a bit hard on the liver for some ppl, so, liver function and kidney function tests should be monitored. I think a minimum of 2 wk is required for itra at 200mg/day. Orotic acid is just a supplement and the dosage is a guess.. it could be excreted in the urine if you have too much of it. I think 1 to 2 g a day of orotate will work.

So, my opinion is that for the chronic issue to be resolved, one has to stop CMV and address the abnormal, dysplastic cells. LEF addressed the CMV and itra could pop any dysplastic cells [or yeast / fungus/ candida, if you believe that]

Depending on how many dysplastic cells one has [the longer chronic irritation history, likely many more dysplastic cells], or if you address the issue using the topical cream, the time needed to resolve the issue may differ.

So, my opition is that the combo of using LEF, Itra and orotic acid will work [as suggested by the patent WO 1999045908 A2]

HPV is very common, but I think the main driver of the issue is actually CMV. Once CMV is stopped, your own immune system may be able to address the resident HPV

From all this, I think we can conclude that the chronic issue is likely viral mediated. A rather broad antiviral agent, like LEF was never tried at all in most cases. Only broad antibacterial and narrow antiviral agents are usually used [eg acyclovir, specific for herpes, viral resistance is not uncommon] I think LEF is somewhat a special agent, because it stops susceptible viruses through inhibition of phosphorylation; there is likely many reactions in the virus, requiring phosphorylation and this means multiple sites of inhibition - not only a single point of inhibition, like acyclovir, and this may explain LEF effectiveness].

This solution may be controversial and unconventional. But i think it will work in non bacterial cases. Remember, only recently in 2014 CMV is found to cause autoimmune disorder [google cmv autoimmune australia]. Previously, nobody could expect such fact to be true...not even your infectious disease specialist. They only follow the book and use 'standard treatment' which they learnt, based only on established facts. But new knowledge will only be adopted in their practice maybe 5-10 years after discovery.

I will still post any significant new update/history for my case.
Thank you for your post!
So it's about LEF and itra?
Strange thing is that l used 400 mg of itra every day for 15 days straight, and nothing helped. So do you think that, in my case, l should only use LEF? (itra didn't give ANY improvements, even in combination with miconazole cream)
Although l don't think l have the same problem as this guy. My only symptom is the red swollen meatus, especially after masturbation. It forms some lips. No itching or pain etc.
pptj,
1.You said in some of your posts, that you have not had any sex for like 1 yr. But, how long have had it  [Cant read all those msgs per se].

2. If you would mind telling the board [if not maybe you can just PM me ] of your sexual history ie like how many [approx] diff person have you had intimate sex [in your entire life ].  This has sth to do with HPV. Ppl say if you have sexual contact with 4 or more diff partner.. then HPV is a definite.  HPV viruse are of many types -- and the wart they cause [shape and size] can also vary

3. Itra is only to address the probable yeast and dysplastic cells. Although itra have shown anticancer activity, it does not address all of the cases ...all of the time.. since dysplastic cells can also have different types

4. Since you tested negative on standard STD test [including urine culture?]; most likely it isnt bacterial

Will respond once you answer. Tk care for now

As a follow up to my earlier comment, i believe that if one takes LEF, it is best to take it with Orotic acid [eg. Magnesium orotate supplement]; 1 cap of 650mg, twice a day may be enough. After a month, I think 1 cap a day is ok.  If one takes LEF, watchout for the side effect: your milage may vary : reported side effect include diarrhea, loss of hair [baldness].  I noted that using LEF -w/o- Magnesium orotate, my nails do not grow somewhat..and it looks like the nail can easily detach itself from your finger ...not literally all of it..just at the tip.. it is still painful. When LEF is taken with Magnesium Orotate, the nails grew ok..and there is no pain ie detachment of the nails

Thats one of my current updates..more later

I have had 3 sexual partners in my life so far. I am having this red meatus problem for more than a year now and l most likely got it from the last girl l had sex with, even if it only took 15 minutes... and just once with her. It must be from her.

I'll try to get LEF within a few weeks. I really hope the GP wants to prescribe me this based on the negative bacteria- and STD-tests... (also got a prostate massage and the liquid was checked, also negative) l did see that it does cost quite a lot of money... (LEF)
Did u get diarrhea from it?

What about the itraconazole? As l stated before, l have used itra for 15 days (morning: 2x200 mg and evening the same dosage) and also smeared miconazole cream on the glans (glands) and meatus twice per day. it didn't improve it all.
So what do u think? It's not worth to get this itra again? It is quite expensive and my meatus remained red. Especially after masturbating my meatus is very swollen and has kind of thick red lips.

Does the LEF online kill the virus? Not heal the skin and get rid off the swollen meatus? Coz l really want to get rid of that! Don't think taking itra again will help something. Already took a high dosage for 2 weeks (and afterwards it stays in your body for another 2 weeks l believe) and nothing changed visually.

Thanks in advance
There seems to be a bug on this website, the link to picture of what it looks like (my meatus) on another forum keeps getting deleted when l post it here... Ugh.
hi pptv,
i saw the pic you posted..the itra most probably have no effect on you...so my guess there is no point in incepreasing the dosage...also you dont have any pain it seems.. just cosmetic look issue... but it could be due to wart related hpv virus. LEF is to target etc unknown viruses..although it does not necessarily work on all viruses..i am not aware if it works on hpv..but it could target other viruses, like cmv..which can accentuate hpv activity (my hypothesis). i know generic LEF source, i will PM you perhaps. since you do not hv pain, issue, likely that your problem is different than mine..and LEF is rather an option i think for your case...but its good to strip off other potential viruses with LEF..so that the probable swelling can be addressed by using........ aldara! ie if your lipsy meatus is due to wart related hpv. aldara is to be used after 2 wk of LEF. Aldara is not a completely 100pct safe thing..small amt of ppl hv major bad side effect with it..but many praised aldara effectiveness. if your lipsy mestus is due to wart related hpv, then upon aldara use..the areas will gradually become angrier ie swollen. not a pleasant thing. then there may be ulceration, throbbing pain, itchiness..exudates etc redness. at the near end stage..necrotic bad tissue addressed by aldara will form pus like material.the cream is said to activate yr immune system to eradicate wart related abnormalities there.. hence the reaction. i read somewhere on the internet..that some ppl with meatus problem go for surgery and cut the meatus..not sure if its true though!

i have minor diarrhea with LEF..but seems to be even less pronounced when using it with MgOrotate
How long have you been using LEF right now?
- did your meatus look like mine? (apart from the other symptoms you might have)
- do you think that this virus is harmful when not killed? That it could lead to prostate, urine bladder or cancer related things/problems in the long run?

I really wonder if the LEF itself could make my meatus look normal again... Would do 'anything' to make it look like normal again. I am worried that if a girl would see it, she wouldn't believe that it is 'nothing' to worry about as all test were negative...

Did you actually do a PCR-test, in which viruses like HPV and or CMV etc. are checked? And were u prescribed LEF based on the results of these tests? Or did you self-prescribe yourself these medicals?
ive been using lef for at least 3 mo now. i am tapering off now ie taking lesser by the day after 3 mo. i have seen substantail changes ..so thats why i have reduce the intake..loke i take 20mg every 2-3 days...instead of 20mg everyday

my mestus does not look like the pic you posted..thus dissimilar to your case on the meatus...althoug at the height of my issue ..it was very irritating on the meatus..though no marked swelling

the actual cause of etc cancer inc bladder and genital regions..is still hypothetical.. it is most likely related to viruses such as hpv. cancer have stages.min the early stage..it is usually clinically silent..no marked symptoms..as years go by..you may experience other medium issues..and it may then progress more.. most cancer is not an overnight thing o..it is a disease that develops over time.. usually spaning five to decades of life

in all of the cancer cases..usually precancer cells will appear first..then it is anyones guess what time it will need to morph into full blown cancer..usually it takes years

so, if there are cancer causing viruses lingering in you..often called oncogenic virus..it could...in due time ..cause the precancer to morph into cancer

i dont knownif lef is necessary for yr case, it is my guess that multiple viruses presence ie not only hpv alone.. is usually needed to start to cause a problem

hpv and cmv test or etc viruses test arent typically done in specialist clinic or in the hospital.. in most countris i guess... eg cmv viral titer is done due to its significance in solid organ transplant

pcr for hpv could be done..but usually clinician dont do it, as the medical community take the assumption that it will disappear within 2years in most cases..also..as hov is very common.. i think they made that assumption

Hey guys, I have finally been cured after 6 months of dealing with the symptoms such as swollen meatus, painful urination, and pain after ejaculation, and weird painful sensations in my groins that everyone seems to share. I know how uncomfortable and how much stress it causes, so I've come back to share how I have been cured in hopes it helps other people.

After trying about 8 different antibiotics, natural remedies, trying to eat 5 cloves of garlic per day, and seeing doctor after doctor with no sign of a cure, I found a doctor in my town who thought I might have prostatitis, but couldn't exactly find a test to prove I had it, after having multiple urine, blood and other tests come back negative. He finally did a prostate exam and I had an extreme amount of pain when he pushed on my prostate. He diagnosed me with acute prostatitis, and I was prescribed with norfloxacin for one month. After about 3-4 days I saw instant results, and by a month it is about 80% cured. Im going to do another month of norfloxacin just to be safe and ensure it is 100% gone.

I'm not sure that this is the cure for everyone, but I know I wish more people who had of been cured would have come back to share their success so we didn't have to suffer that long. Hopefully it helps someone
user888c, what was the dosage of norfloxacin you were taking?

Also, when/how did you symptoms start?

Thanks for coming back and sharing your positive results.
I would like to add to this as I have similar symptoms. Just got retested for everything (standard panel).  I'm more concerned about hsv-2. And will need to wait again for the results. But after reading this for 3 hours and saving several apparent cures.

My experience was just stupid and dumb.  On March 3rd of this year, I fingered, went down on (just using tongue not lots saliva or really eating her out), and then she got on top after sucking on my phalus for a few seconds then got on top and only got half my head in when I came. Also entirely in the dark so didnt see anything...though no nasty taste or fishy stinky odor. It was my first time and I am 28...she's been with 30 something guys. It also freaked me  out when she came out of the bathroom from peeing and said I made her bleed. Can you say cervical inflammation?  Yeah go me.  

So morning after, a mixture I'm sure of anxiety and bacterium, I had yellow watery diarrhea, choking sensation, and gagging. The next day, It tingled on the tip of my penis and and front top half of my tongue. Had yellow all over my tonsils, uvula and tongue...and more diarrhea.

After first test I got 500mg of Azithromycin and Gono shot at the HD.  After side effects wore off I felt good  for two weeks. Then got pain in the testes and burning after I urinate. Then March 29th got rechecked for chlamydia and gono culture...negative. But was given 10 days of doxocycline...it helped.  

Well recently we had a lot of crud going around the office.  I have a bad immune system. Got two stomach bugs and then got a sore throat that looked disgusting and looked viral (strep was negative).  People have said burning tongue, the sore throat is similar to herpes...but with my ****** immune system I would thing that would have happened first. My semen burns my skin now when I masturbate.  My last urine test picked up blood and white blood cells.

I will add my Meatus is swollen and spreads throughout the day.  burning in my scrotum, and just depressed.  

So I am going to see the results, may get tested for trich, then if anything try as many of these cures as I can.

Only question: Anyone have any mouth issues?
I suspect you have viral infection..could be more than 1 type of virus
Pretty sure guys it is a strand of hpv.  I got what I believe are orange like bumps on my throat and near my tonsils.ugh
Avatar n tn
The norflox are likely just providing anti-inflammatory effects for the combo HPV/CMV although that is probably providing great temporary relief. I would take it until 100% then stop and see what happens.

I have been following this thread for quite some time and I think user97203 is right on the money with his thoughts on what may be causing what ails us. It
Avatar n tn
I wonder how rbaker is doing these days?
rbaker, I would also love to know about you :) Are you fine? Have you defeated all your problems? Thank you for all you have done in this forum
Viewing 601-632 comments: