Persistent Inflamed & Irritated Meatus

Thanks for any help anyone has to offer.

I've been suffering from an inflammed and irritated meatus for just over seven weeks now and I'm really confused as to what's causing it or how to fix it. I'm in a foreign country at the moment so access to healthcare and consequently explaining my problem in a foreign language hasn't been the easiest. For that reason, I'm writing here to see if anyone could lend some advice.

I suppose all of this started in late December when I received a sort of rough unprotected handjob from a sex worker. I believe she was using lube she had previously put in her anus to rub my penis. In other words, she was reaching to her anus to get the lube and then rubbing my penis with it. She rubbed the tip (meatus) with her thumb in a circular pattern, and did so pretty intensely although it didn't bother me too much at the time. A few days later I saw that the tip of my penis looked slightly different. It looked as if there were two pursed lips instead of a straight slit like before. But that was it. I had no other symptoms. I figured it was just a little traumatized after the handjob. But would go away.

Then in the month of January, I had quite a lot of unprotected sex with a girl who has since been tested and came out clean. In February, about two months later from my encounter with the sex worker and a few weeks after I stopped having regular sex in January, some real irritation started. I could best describe the condition as irritation and very slight inflamation of at the tip of the penis. It comes and goes in intensity but at its worst moments, it's very pink and burns slightly when I pee just at the tip of the urethra. The size of the pursed lips also vary depending on how bad the irritation is and also, along with the redness small bumps come and go. The bumps though however are ever so slight and usually disappear within a couple days together with the redness. They don't appear anything like warts or herpes sores. Spotted redness might be a better description. The other thing I noticed is that my urethra appears to be slightly wider and open, revealing the sensitive wet part of my urethra, almost as if my it's trying to breath. I think this might be why it gets irritated from rubbing against my clothing. I've also noticed more discharge than usual from my penis. I'm not sure if it's precum but basically, it's clear, has no scent, and a has the consistency of mucas and I've noticed more than usual when checking my underwear at the end of the day. The last thing that's different is that after I pee, I notice that there's a a little extra drip than usual, even after I clean up with toilet paper, the tip of my penis is moist.

Wearing boxers and walking (or any kind of movement really) aggravates it as I think my underwear ends up rubbing the tip of my penis. So I have switched completely to using tight underwear and stopped doing aerobic exercise. None of my symptoms resemble anything like the pictures of herpes or genital warts I have seen online and both the determatologist and urologist I have seen agree and dismissed the possibility of either. I was tested in February for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B, gonorrhea, and chlamydia, and all of the tests came out negative. I also had two urine tests and both came out normal.

The dermatologist I saw first in February recommended soaking my penis in a warm mixture of water and sodium bicarbonate twice a day. It didn't help. The urologist I saw in March prescribed a cream that contains Gentamicin, Betamethasone, & Miconazole, which is supposed to clear up any irritation caused by a yeast or fungus infection. I used that twice a day for a couple weeks but the condition did not get any better and he then told me to stop using it. So basically, now I'm just wearing tight underwear, I don't use any lotion and am careful when washing it with dove soap ensuring that no soap gets into or near my urethra. I'm not having regular sex and when I masturbate do so in a gently manner only a couple times a week. However, I've noticed that the couple times I have had sex since this condition started, my penis was extra sensitive and I ejaculated rather quickly.

Part of me thinks that maybe it is an infection due to bacteria from the girls anus. Another part of me thinks maybe it's purely physical trauma. But I do notice that when I'm tired and have had a late night, the condition worsens which leads me to believe it's tied to the strength of my immune system. But really, this could be all in my head..I don't know.

So, if you've taken the time to read all the way to the end, thank you. I'd really appreciate any ideas on what might be causing this or what I could do in terms of treatment or other tests. Are there other STDs or STIs which could be the culprit that I haven't been tested for? Thanks so much in advance, I'm worried this might never go away.

Aldara has been traditionally used for warts.

There are reports Aldara not being able to work 100% all of the time in cases of warts (See Pubmed 15656812 and 14660271 as examples); where cases may or may not respond to Aldara.

As I explained in the earlier posting(s), this could be due to the presence of other common virus(es). These viruses, although thought to be benign, can secrete various toxins to fool our immune system, so that it can persist in our body. If these viruses are not suppressed, etc therapy used to eradicate warts (eg Aldara), may not work 100%

Such toxins secreted by the virus(es) puts down our immune system (perhaps local immune suppression).

There is a very recent paper in PlosOne (PubMed 24586164), which reports how a very common virus ie EBV (a type of herpesvirus), is able to suppress our immune system ie via inhibition of TLR signalling.  

Importantly, Aldara works by inducing TLR7 signalling. When Aldara is used, TLR7 signalling is activated, and such signalling evoke our immune system to detect and eradicate viruses lingering in our body/cells.  

In the above paper, the authors mentioned that EBV produced a special protein called BPLF1, which can interfere with TLR signalling, by breaking the proteins participating in TLR signalling.  This causes TLR signaling disruption, and thus, may explain why aldara cannot perform its action efficiently all of the time, hence treatment failure in some of the cases.

I am beginning to wonder -- are there many cases of cancers, where various treatments have failed (including chemotherapy), have overlooked the essential role of the common viruses?  The common viruses might secrete various toxins that resulted to the cancer cells to become very tough to kill (the cancer cells become very resistant to cytotoxic effect of chemotherapeutic drugs). It might be important that these common viruses are addressed prior to immunotherapy or chemo treatment, although I would think the former is the best treatment route, rather than the latter, due to toxicity of chemo drugs.  Chemo drugs usually kill bad cells, yet the more sinister effect is that it damages the immune system seriously

Chemo treatment is usually very poisonous and statistics showed that it is usually fatal ie not worth the benefit (survival is not long/not good, yet the treatment cost is very high in terms of side effects and life expectancy)

Here is a summary of the paper *(pubmed 24586164 )

"Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) is a human herpesvirus that persistently infects .90% of adults worldwide. One factor underlying the ability of EBV to establish such widespread and lifelong infections is its capacity to escape elimination by the human immune system. Among the first lines of defense against viral infection is the human Toll-like receptor (TLR) system. These receptors can detect the presence of viruses and initiate an intracellular protein signaling cascade that leads to the expression of immune
response genes.  ..................................................................................
our study provides insight into the way in which EBV can subvert the human immune response, as we show that BPLF1 can remove ubiquitin tags from proteins in the TLR signaling cascade. This inhibits TLR signaling and decreases the expression of immune response genes.
hey man, how is it going? Is this cured for you?
If we want to get our penis checked what type of Doctor should we see? I have the same problem 2weeks my meatus gets stuck at least once a day. I do not discharge though.. My pee is normal. Im getting tested tomorrow, other than that I still would like to see a doctor. But dont know what type of Doctor to go see Tia
Hi, just thought I'd say: please try sugarfree cranberry juice with 2 capfuls of apple cider vinegar, 1 litre every day, to get rid of the fungus
so a CAP is a bottle CAP, like a tea spoon ful.
Has anyone who has these fish-mouth meatus lips/meaty lips that get thicker after ejulation/masturbation and who did all STD-test with nothing being found, already found some kind of cure?

Or can we assume this could cause cancer long-term???
I stopped LEF abt 2 mo ago or so. I thought to give it sometime to see if no flare up will occur again

I also started taking a lot of protein inc whey and etc supplements, and tons of brewed coffee of various types.. but it seems, gradually, the sensation appeared.  Only about 1 wk ago there was a flare up, and I reverted back to the DIY cream I made,

This time i added a speck of crushed LEF into the cream.  Seems to work  better than the previous cream, the sensation disappeared almost instantly. I didnt want to take LEF orally again, if that is possible [concern of any possible side effects taking LEF too long] ..thats why I opted now for the topical DIY LEF

Previously I used the DIY cream for about once a week, that was w/o LEF
added to it  [the cream contained diclofenac, itraconazole and Abx.. either minocycline or doxy]. There is a version 2 of the DIY cream ie using green tea powder, but thats just another diff option if required

It seems things have gone back to the "quiet period"

In any case, I think I made a right choice. .. as urologist didnt know what to do during my chronic stage.  

I suspect if you take a lot of protein, your IGF1 [read about it] will spike, and it has been speculated a lot by many ppl that IGF1 is bad news for cancer patient especially, it actually stimulate bad cells to grow faster
Could be that was the reason for my symptom flare up very recently

You can aso PM me if you hv any Qs =]

I shall update if required from time to time.. somehow Im pretty optimistic that this new version3 of the cream of mine [with added LEF] is a game changer.  

I know this as I can eat almost anything now these few days

Cheers for now

Hey Vaaal..how abt yr situation...whats yr status.  One Q...how did yr issue first started.. was it after a pesrticular sexual contact
Hello user97203. I have gotten a bit better, my pain level is around 3or 4 out of 10, which is very acceptable. Strangely the thing that worked most for me was actimel.. I really cannot tell why. It contains some probiotic, vitamin B6 and D, and probably in the next days I am going to try to buy these vitamins individually to test if they are really having an effect or I was getting better anyway, but it really seems to make a difference.

The thing that really didn't work for me was (again, STRANGELY) antibiotics. I was on a pain level of around 4 or 5 out of 10. I was found with ureaplasma on my semen, which resulted to be sensible to minocicline. Since the day I started taking minociclina my pain level went up considerably, to around 7 or 8, and it stayed so high all long the antiobitc treatment! After that, it went down again to 4 or 5. I really cannot explain this. Maybe the minocicline was weaking my immune system? This would make sense if I have a virus that my immune system is trying to get rid of, as you suggested.

I want to try an antiviral but I am very scared. What are the side effect? Where can I buy one ? Do I need medical prescription (I am in UK).

Anyway, it would be nice to also discuss this stuff through mail. I'll send you my mail through private message. :) a
To answer your question, I was having quite a free sexual life. Oral never protected (with several partners), penetration always protected apart from once.
I regret all of that now. But crying about the past won't make the future better.
just to try to add this to the watch list
I started drinking kombucha. Anybody have any experience with that?
Hi guys,

not sure if this will be posted twice - I had to log in after I first submitted, and I don't see my post.

Haven't been through all 59 pages..
Same old story - Tested 4x for all bacteria, and hpv, negative of course.

Problem started after receiving a ** - and I also had apparent Gonorea as well. This was improved with AB's.

The symptoms which i first noticed was a sensitive meatus, making it hard to walk. This was not all the time. Then I felt occasionally stinging sensations.. After this, the gono kicked in, and I had a very irritated urethra, burning pee etc..

After this cleared up, I was still having occasional stings - some when I peed, like half way up the uretha, and some on the meatus tip. This happened once or twice a day, not every day. After about 10 days, this went away.

I moved on with my life, but then the same thing started about 6 weeks later! Mid pee sting, occasional shocks, occasional inflammation of meatus. Bit of clear discharge.

I've had this happen about 4x now.. it doesn't respond to ABs, however it does seem to resolve itself, and then go dormant after 3-5 weeks. So I assume some kind of virus.

******* doctors keep telling me I stress to much and I am blowing symptoms out of proportion, and it will resolve in time. It has been 5 months. It has been calm now for about a week..

I've had an endoscopy, and urologist saw nothing wrong. He did find some Staff Epidermis in my semen, but I doubt that would be the cause?

Masturbation doesn't hurt, ejac doesn't hurt. In fact, the symptoms are quite manageable..

The only pressing issue is that it feels like my dating life is over. How can I tell somebody I have an unidentified incurable infection and expect them not to run away?
- How have you guys dealt with this> Sure, a condom for sex, but Oral?

It seems most guys here have a chronic issue - as in the problem is happening all the time, and with much pain.. whereas mine comes in cycles, and is just psychologically painful :)

As mentioned, I have been tested for HSV, no outbreaks either. A dermatologst examined my penis and didn't see anything, and if there were warts in urethra, endoscopy would have picked them up..

I see there are mentions of EBV and of CMV - were you guys tested for those viruses, or are they assumptions?  I'm scared to test for HPV, as that would not cause this (no warts) and I know most people have some strains.

Are there generic virus tests, or other virus tests that can be performed other than CMV and EB?

I've seen all these solutions using LEF and Aldara, but I don't have any sores.. I don't know if I should try it, given the nature of what I have prescribed?

Any comments would be great :)

I have the same EXACT symptoms, please message or post a note on my profile if you see this!
TLDR - try Diazepam/Baclofen suppositories

I've been dealing with this for around 10 months. I've tried many antibiotics, changed up soaps, boxer fabrics, and have gone through 3 urologists, but I've finally found something that works. I went to see a pelvic floor Doctor, who had a hunch that my pain might be due to compression of the pudendal nerve due to mountain biking. There are many reasons this nerve can become compressed, but I've spent a lot of time in the saddle so this was most likely my culprit.

The doctor prescribed:
10mg Diazepam / 10mg Baclofen suppositories taken once a day at bedtime.
The morning after the first dose, the pain was barely there and it has continued to diminish.

Please give this a try if you haven't already and post your results to this forum!
Hey there!

I've had a very similar simlar experience as many on here, but it only started about 6 weeks ago. There's irritation around the urethra opening (almost like flush little pin-prick red spots) and around the penis head (mostly on the sides). Seems to be irritated with masturbation, but abstaining doesn't alleviate symptoms entirely. I've been tested for everything under the sun and so has my girlfriend (only person I've had sex with). All negative, as the story seems to go.

We had unprotected oral sex (reciprocated) one slightly intoxicated night. A few days later I noticed I was experiencing irritation right on the tip of my urethra and around the head of the penis (I am circumcised). Naturally, I was nervous it was HSV (since I'm even Type 1 negative) or even thought it could be yeast-induced blantitis. UTI? HPV? Chlam/Gonn? Not according to any tests... The only thing that's came pack positive was a urethral swab for leukocytes. They gave me a one time, 4 pill Doss of Azythromycin and sent me home with Non-specific Urethritis (NGU).

Thought I noticed some improvement over HEB following days, but as usual it cycled back up. So far, I've truer Lotrimin AF, apple cider vinegar, Cortizone/Neosporin blend, changing to clean soaps and shampoos, changing boxers, using/stopping gold bond, and just leaving alone. Currently, I'm trying a blend of Tea Tree Oil Ann's Olive Oil twice daily. Thoughts i was noticing some improvement, but still seems like it comes and goes.

I'm not too optimistic anyone will post a magic cure for this predicament we share, but I'm open to any suggestions people have for alleviating symptoms. Hopefully this is a non-serious long term issue, which I can certainly live with, and maybe if enough buzz is generated there will be more research conducted on the matter.

I wonder if anyone has had a biopsy done who was experiencing these issues? Hell, I'd be willing Ron volunteer for science, if it means a chance of at least quantifiably diagnosing the issue.

Keep this thread and the dream alive, gentlemen. Cheers!
Welcome to the club. The meatus pinching issue ..zap like shooting pain from the meatus sensation..redness on the head.. are classical signs of the chronic problem faced by many here. Some Uros or Doc may call it chronic abacterial prostatitis, some may not. Most do not show positive on standard STD tests.  Some managed the issue with pain killer or sth like pain killer.  Since Uros/Docs are still not sure of the underlying reason, the best they can give you is medicine related to pain killer or they will address etc symptoms troubling you (not the trigger, as such trigger is not kown)
.

Most likely this issue is due to viral origin. What type of virus, still not known. There is no cure that can be given for viral infection unfortunately, especially if it is a mysterious one.  It is possible that multiple type / strain of viruses is causing this issue; and probably this virus only behaves badly in some ppl or depending on your medical history ie previous infection or existing subtle infection

Some thought this condition is due to PNE ..pudendal nerve entrapment.  There are risk factors contributing to PNE, but most ppl here, I dont think have such risk factors.

My impression is that if this condition is not addressed properly, if left untreated for a long time, it may cause more sinister problem such as cancer.  The pain being felt by many here is due to inflammation and this has been known to seed cancer, if left unattended for a long time.

To me, I have come to the conclusion that this is likely due viral infection, which causes inflammation, which could cause cancer in the long run.  Some ppl may have in the metus, however, if being left unattended for a long time, it may go into the deeper part of the penis ie urethra. The longer this issue lingers around, the harder it will be to be treated / to resolve

Eek... scary though.  Not much can be done about a risk without a reason. Let's hope something is discovered in the future that can help us out.
There is a controversy about Lyme disease..where some thought it could be sexually transmitted ie traditionally Lyme is traditionally thought to be transmitted only through tick bites.  Lyme could be related to our case, as lichen sclerosis(LS) is a condition with symptoms quite similar to the chronic issue. It could be that Lyme causes a persistent infection and this could be one of the issues (besides viral) that contributed to the chronic inflammation or pain.

Lyme bacteria is very hard to be detected..even using molecular technique such as PCR. The FFM technique is currently thought to be the superior method (focus floating  microscopy)

Here is an article of interest. Google "lichen sclerosus borrelia" The chronic and mysterious pain in our cases may be related to LS as this has symptoms overlapping to our condition....and LS  issue may have Lyme..or HCV..or HPV -or-..it could be that any of them could exist in combination. I think Lyme bacteria is very probable issue. Only last year scientist identified that Lyme bacteria can persist by avoiding attack of antibiotics when they changed into persister cells. When doc took samples of the affected penis with LS..they discovered indeed the bacteria is there. Last years research finding noted that the persisters can only be killed by pulse dosing of combo antibiotics.

Google lyme disease persister pulse
See article by B Sharma

LS can also be googled as "PMC25814697"

That definitely seems like a shot in the dark, but I have nothing to discredit it other than personal skepticism. It is extremely concerning that the issue has not received more attention.
Here are some interesting links: google treatment of lichen sclerosis antibiotics

Since LS is a probable scenario for our case, due to similarities in symptoms, it is worth a shot to use the treatment recommendation.  Remember, LS is a disease caused by Lyme bacteria, which is hard to detect, and it is known that Lyme bacteria has its own way in persisting, causing chronic infection

There is also a recent study, publishing about the effectiveness of stevia leaf extract [alcohol leaf extract to be precise], in addressing various forms of lyme bacteria ie spirochete and cyst forms.

See PMC4681354.  People with Lyme disease have been battling with Lyme bacteria for many years, as the various forms of the bacteria is hard to eradicate.  Now that recent study [Nov 2015] showed that Stevia alcohol extract may give a new arsenal for Lyme disease suferers, including those with LS.

It would be interesting for those with good medical access, to query for a diagnosis through Focus Floating Microscopy technique. If Lyme is indeed in the meatus tissue, that is going to be a good diagnostic thing that could help or guide your treatment.  
After taking the antibiotics I followed this guide strictly.

http://www.yeastinfection.org/penis-yeast-infection-causes-symptoms-risk-factors-treatment/

I've seen you in a couple of different sites, I need help in a bad way , the best the doctors can tell me that it's chronic prostatitis,. Cipro at first knocked this completely out but on my 5th week of taking it the symptoms came back even worse what have you found to work if anything
I ve suffered from the same thing for 6 months, finally solved this in a week i saw a doctor who is urologist dermatologist and venereologist. He knew what i was talking about. it was the first one and only of many doctors that knew about this. It is not an STD he suggested me to uncover my glans like if i was circumcised so the skin would renew itself and gain strength it took a week for me to heal. at first it was very uncomfortable but as the days pass it started to feel normal again and my meatus look pink and normal again. Try it, there is nothing to loose, anda worked for me.
I am trying to summarize what worked.
Candida: I drank peppermint tea then ate the teabag... This cured candida in under a month.
Chlamydia: lymecycline 1gram per day for 7 days on then 7 days off then 7 on again.
Ureaplasma parvum + misc urea: erythromycine 1gram for 2 weeks 10 days off then 7 days on again cured it.
Peeled foreskin back and applied a little apple cider vinegar for two days and finally peeled it back for a week and wrapped in tissue to keep dry.
Problem: how to get hands on antibiotics.... Find the right doctor.
Im going to try and convince my UR to prescribe me with Lymecycline. Can you please tell me how long you took it for and why you took 7 days off in between? Please and thank you!
I am using probiotics pill capsules in the morning and evening. They are focused on urinary tract and prostate. I feel that this helps a lot.
The brand is Garden of Life.
I have tingling burning feeling on my scrotum as well as the tip of my meatus! Have raised skin on the right side of my meatus which is tingling as well!! Any ideas, std tests negative had kidney stones which have been removed urologist inspected my urethra 5 plus times with scope! No bacteria detected, CBC normal, urin culture came back no growth! Any ideas???
Hi Swampfoxkilo, how are you doing now.  You might want to try a combo of Meriva Curcumin (Jarrow) and Phyllantus extract (Whole world botanicals Royal Kidney Breakstone, SKU: BKS-KID-LQ-1OZ).  These two combo will work quite good for the inflammation and any kidney stone you have.  

However, bear in mind that Phyllantus extract can cause hypoglycaemia (you may have somewhat sudden feeling of being hungry a few minutes after intake).  Phyllantus can also cause you to loose minerals in the urine (so supplementing with multivitamins/minerals maybe a good idea)
Has anyone cured themselves yet? There are a lot of answers to go through in this thread... I've had a red bump just towards the lower end of my urethra that comes and goes in size for the past year or so. Have tried doxycycline, minocycline and azithromycin but can't seem to get rid of it. After I finish urinating I have a few beads of urine that take ages to come out. Apart from a very mild stinging sensation at times I don't have any kind of pain.
Does everyone one here drink coffee ??  Just an idea. It would help us all if we all knew what we shared in common thus finding the cause.
Why do you asked abt coffee.. I had issues previoiusly .. ie cant drink coffee..but now its already ok.  

Currently I am on a new herb regimen, it looks like it is very stable now.. .. I guess I have to wait like another 1-2 months to say it is definitely giving a very stable resolution

4 years with inflamed meatus and 1 year CURED!

I wanted to follow up to this thread for a long time.  I've been "cured" over a long time.  Here is what I think solved my persistent issue that lasted 4 years:

1. Got rid of previous partner that I thought I contracted the issue from (I believe repeated exposure kept it coming back)
2. No PMO (Porn, Masterbation, Orgasm) for 1 year, other than sex with one new partner
3. Wear looser, stretchy undies and jeans
4. Don't excessively squeeze the area
5. Don't masterbate vigorously, or for a long period of time (#2 will ensure you still orgasm when you abstain for periods of time)
6. Clean up diet as much as possible with whole, healthy foods
7. Do not use my own spit to masterbate as I found that it caused inflammation compared to Eros silicon lube

The symptoms slowly faded over a year or so, to the point I cannot really tell if I'm still infected or not!  It's such a relief!  I had chronic meatus pain with one partner, and after leaving her (for other reasons) plus the tactics above it faded slowly over another year.  Now I use my tool with my girlfriend very often and it is no problem.  I also use my own spit now for lube and it's no problem, but I believe my own spit may actually have increased irritation.  Safe bet to use something you know doesn't add bacteria to the area.

So this has been a long journey and I am not sure if the problem will ever return, but I've increasingly masterbated and use spit and basically do whatever I want again with my new girlfriend and the symptoms have still not returned.  I feel like ME again and that is so rewarding.  Sometimes I just sit and think about how healthy my sexual organ works again and each and every day is a new lucky day.

I hope my tactics listed above may be something you can also consider that helps some of you with this persistent issue.  Take care.
Congrats my friend, happy to hear that you are relieved.  Have you been having unprotected sex with your new partner?  My symptomsare beginning to fade slightly and i tested negative for all stds but im still worried i can pass something along that was undetected.  Reading this forum, i don't hear of any guus claiming to get their partners infected.
Yes, I am in a committed relationship and engage in unprotected sex.  I too, was concerned about transferring something that the doctors could not detect.  However, after a little while I fell in love, felt better physically, and decided to go for it with her and allow myself to move past the concern.  It's been a year or so, as I mentioned, and she has no issues.  

My understanding is that we all have biological viruses and bacteria...hundreds or thousands of different varieties that affect each and every one of us differently.  You may infect her and she may not feel or notice anything.  In fact, she may infect you and the same could be true.  Or, she may infect you and you notice irritation or worse, while she never had symptoms.  I think if you engage in unprotected sex, you are opening yourself up to that option.  Of course I only learned this through this inflamed meatus experience.  However, my personal opinion is that if you are with a serious, committed partner...why not have fun in this lifetime while we can?
Long story short, I got a massage from a thai woman ended up recieving oral sex on 3/14. Few days later penis started to hurt. I have had chlamydia once before, so I went ahead and took Az 1.5g and 10 days of doxycycline. Meatus then became inflammed. Swollen to touch, pinching feeling in the tip,just doesnt look right. Sensitivity is unbelievable, cant even wear boxers. I went ahead and got tested a week later (3/23).

While waiting for my test I went ahead and took some more medication:

Cefitriaxione 500mg injection/another dose of Az 1.5g (given at test site for gonnorhea)
Metrinadazole 2g orally/ 1 dose (if it was trich)

(Fast forward 10 days later...)
Since receiving my tests all came back negative (Chlamydia, Gonnorhea, HSV 1&2, HIV, syphillis! Maybe taking the medication before cured C or G or maybe the antibiotics may have given me a false positive. I spoke with a physician that said I shouldn't have taken antibiotics before. Penis still burning after after peeing.

The only thing is my meatus is still swollen. Large amount of dribbling after urinating and it just sits there (I have been dunking my penis in saline solution to clear it out). I do get some shooting pains through my urethra as well. My incident was on March 14th. I tried masturbating once on March 22nd and it was excruciating. I then held out the next 2 weeks, until the April 5th I went pee and I was waiting the dribble was when I noticed clear/white discharge that was sticky.

I freaked out and went right to the hospital to have a close minded doctor tell me I was overreacting and this was normal and it was most likely prostate secretion.

After rejecting a culture to ease my mind, I ended up leaving with nothing. I went ahead and masturbated that night and it was better still very very sensitive. I went ahead and took another dose of Azithromycin 2g and 400mg of cefifixime.

Meatus is still swollen and sensitive....Because of the large amount and length of antibiotics I have taken, I realize that it is probably Candida fungal at this point. I am on oral fluc**tazole at the moment and am praying this will help. .

I saw another doctor in the meantime and she wants me to take moxifloxcin for 5 days 400mg and then follow that with levofloxcin for 5 days to clear and UTI or bladder infection. Moxi is successful with mycoplasma, ureaplasma, or chlamydia that may have spread to GI or prostate. Also I am in SE Asia, mycoplasma as well as chlamydia have strong resistant strains out here.

Please let me know your thoughts and any suggestions. I still have the pain (swollen meatus and burning after urination) but pray it will go away soon. I will be back in the U.S tomorrow and plan on seeing my GP. I just switched insurances, so this is my first time seeing him. Cant wait to see the look on his face when i tell him. I have had prostatitis on year ago, 30 days of cipro cured that!

1.) Do you think this is a UTI?
2.) Any suggestion that it could be STI in prostate or bladder, what test should i have my urologist do to see?
3.) If it is fungal, how long should I be on fluconozole... how long should it take to clear up.
4.) With all the antibiotics I have taken, is taking a swab test for bacteria or fungus even worth it? I know to get accurate results one should be off antibiotics for 2weeks-3months.

But please let me know anything that may help!
Hey man sorry for your symptoms.  I cannot tell you what to do but I do have a slightly different thought to add.  Consider non-traditional, out-of-the-box approaches.  What I mean is you seem super-focused on taking antibiotics, and that is fine, but you may also find success in little things like changing your diet, getting quality sleep, homeopathic remedies...etc.  Consider all of the food you eat and change it up, one at a time.  Eat very clean.  Stop watching porn.  I found https://yourbrainonporn.com/ very helpful.  

When the antibiotics fail you, like they did for me, I started doing different things and it did help.  Obviously if it is identified and there is an antibiotic to cure it, go for it.  But be careful using too many antibiotics as well because your body can have a harder time in the future if ever they are needed again.  I hate that balancing act but if you can be patient, it may be better in the long run.
I am also worried that it may be herpes.  I did not have a lesion or sore, but the sensitivity on the tip of my penis was unbearable.  Also the swelling of my meatus has gone down alot but still just doesnt feel completely 100% back to normal.  I am going to stop my antibiotics after this one and just focus on curing my candida.  But not knowing is killing me, legit making me crazy.  I have a girlfriend and I cant man up and tell her that I cheated on her.  Being absolutely pathetic *****. But it honestly just kills me not knowing
So all my STD test have came back negative, they have no idea what it might be.  I have pain in my sides after ejaculation and it feels like my bladder burns.  Still swollen meatus.  I have changed my diet around, but it does not to seem to be helping.  Please any advice is helpful
My problem started 5 days after having 10 min of unprotected vaginal sex with a women who had genital hsv.  She was my realtor and it was a spur of the moment thing.  Long story, but she's not a good person.  Anyhow,  have had meatus and glans sensitivity for 5 months.  Std tests all negative including hsv igg at 4 months, next is at 6 months.  I took valtrex for 2 months and it seemed to help with pain within 30 min of taking it.  But meatus swelling never completely disappeared and I stopped the valtex 3 weeks ago without change.  I had zero issues before messing with that lady and now I have seemingly permanent meatus swelling and glans sensitivity.  I cannot wear anything but regular briefs.  5 doctors and no answers!  Last doc was a dermatologist and he said it was probably irritation to the laundry soap, ugh.  I did have a candida problem when I was young but it didn't affect my glans or meatus, it was in the crease of my legs.  Candida was solved with diet change and a series of allergy shots.  But I don't feel like Candida is the problem here
Ive been stressing over this problem for over a year now and recently read through this whole forum with all of these different answers to this problem. This problem is literally driving me insane. Ive had an inflamed looking urethra tip. Looks swollen like a pair of lips. though, There isnt any real pain except during and after masturbation. There is also a slight pain at the end of urination but not during. It all started when i recieved oral sex over a year ago. I got the urine std tests done about a month or so later and negative. I actually also got another set of tests done today. Waiting for results. I am afraid that if this is not treated, it can lead to something sinister like cancer or something down the road. I've read all these answers about how people go to the urologist and doctor and basically have their problem get dismissed and say "its all in your head" type bs. Then ive read that people are taking these antibiotics mostly 2 at a time which most urologists dont perscribe more than 2 and some prescribe non effective ones. Then i read that people are getting them online somehow without a prescription. But How? I am afraid that if i do that, it might cause some reaction that can be fatal. How can i cure this problem? I am desperate and in a deep state of panic. Someone please respond
I am also starting to have weird mouth symptoms but i believe my wisdom tooth is coming in and causing periodonitis. My tosils look red and there are white patches on my mouth. There also feels like a constant clog in my throat at times like theres mucus built up in there. It seems to come and go. I am worried that this might have to do with whatever is going on in my genital region and the oral sex i recieved a year and a half ago.
Hello all, I wanted to comment on this board because when I was suffering this was one board that I used as a guidance, for assistance on how to get relief from my pain. There seems to be a fallacy in these boards where people only post when they are in pain and don't post when they are better. I'm the opposite as I have not posted in the past and was just a viewer and now am posting as I am better.

Im posting not only because I wanted to provide some positive outlook to those who are suffering but also because I wanted to add some insight to what I think is helpful and hurtful in this thread

My issue starting in November 2016, I went oversees and had unprotected sex. Two days after sex I noticed the inflamed meatus. About a week after the infection I developed a pink spot on the tip of the penis which was more pronounced when peeing. It would light up brighter when I would pee which i found to be quite strange. I was peeing all the time and it would burn when I peed. I developed Flu like symptoms which may or may not be related and checked into an urgent care. At the urgent care I took a urine test for UTI/chlamydia/Gonorrhea tested negative and received a combo of Rocephin shot, Zpac and Penicillin.

After finishing these antibiotics and not feeling relief I went to my primary who prescribed me with 5 days worth of Ciproflaxcin. This felt like it gave me some relief but after having sex I broke out in a weird rash that only lasted 10-15 mins. It still was burning when I peed and I was definitely going to the bathroom much too frequently. In the middle of December I decided to head to my local planned parenthood and got tested for everything again and was cleared. They told me that I must dealing with prostatis (which is wierd because I was 29 at the time) and that all I need is take Cipro for much longer! Great news i supposed at the time.

Fast forward two week later and all of a sudden I developed severe pain in my testicle. My left testicle had swollen up and the pain was even going into my leg. I emitted myself into the ER and went in for further testing. I was diagnosed with Epididymitis or inflammation of the testicle. The hospital gave me yet another shot of Rocephin and a bigger dosage of Zpac. I felt a little relief after leaving the hospital but was still in a lot of pain. On top of the testicle pain I was dealing with burning inside the urethra, swollen meatus and the skin on the head of my penis was looking worse with cracks on the glans and red marks.

At the end of the December, I saw a Urologist and Dermatologist who both had no idea what I was dealing with. After all the STD testing was negative and the doctors not recognizing what was occurring on the glans of my penis we couldn't come up with an answer as to what exactly I was dealing with outside of the epididymitis. My Urologist told me that he believed I may have Reiters Sydrome but I could tell he was guessing. When I looked up the symptoms it didn't align to what I had. The dermatologist perscribed me with Doxcycline of which I would take concurently with the Cipro.

In January I decided to get a second opinion from a Urologist who agreed that I had Prostatitis and that I continued with Cipro. I started noticing pain in the area between my anus and testicles as well as pain in the pelvic area. I would go weeks without master-bating because every time I did I felt more pain after the fact.  

This is where things started to really go wrong. I started noticing a strange rash on my hands. Then the joint/muscle pains really started coming in. My anxiety levels had reached an all time high I could barely sit in the same place for a minute. The most strange thing was this awful pain in my neck and in addition difficulty swallowing at times. It was clear to me that the antibiotics were having a negative impact on me. I called my Urologist to see if these were symptoms of side effects (spoiler they were) but my doctor said they weren't and continued. As my symptoms got worse I decided to get yet another opinion from a Urologist, one highly regarded in my town. At this point I had been taking Cipro for 3 months and Doxy for 2.5 months he told me that I needed to stop these dangerous antibiotics immediately and perscribed me with a vitamin that supplements the prostate. He also suggested that I must get on an anti inflammatory diet as what I have must have come from inflammation. From someone who was suffering from testicle pain the thought of getting off medication to just changing my diet was extremely scary. I decided that I would continue with my antibiotics and that was a huge mistake.

I'm 4 months into Cipro and 3.5 into Doxy and I finally hit a breaking point. My testicle was getting better but I was still in pain. Worse yet though was I was feeling joint pain and really have digestive issues. I was choking on my food and had extreme difficulty swallowing. I decided to get off all of the meds and let my body heal. It turns out this was the best decsion of my life. Although my digestive system got way worse before it got better, I was forced to get an endoscopy because I was only able to be on a liquid diet my swallowing was so bad. I was extremely worried how my testicle would respond. All of the doctors I saw said since i had it over 4 months it was almost certainly going to be a chronic problem. However, im pleased to say 3 months after stopping the meds my testicle pain is gone. It's still sensitive to the touch at times but I miles better than it once was. The head of my penis is getting better very slowly day by day. I haven't been diagnosed with Balanitis but I use a cream that treats it called Suragel, I believe it has helped relieve some of the immflammation on the glans as well as the swolleness of the meatus.

My point of this post is to spread awareness that although you may think more is better when it comes to antibiotics you should realize that it is not always the case and sometimes you may make things a lot worse. Also some problems will take a little bit longer to heal but even the rarest forms of Chlamydia can't survive in human bodies longer than 18 months. If you've made a mistake and done the wrong thing its OK and don't hate yourself for it just try to stay positive and take care of your bodies better in the future. If anyone has more questions for me about my healing process feel free to ask.

This is a great response.  Thank you for sharing.  I got caught up in taking antibiotics for a long period of time as well and had something similar. It is important for everyone to understand this
I want to thank helpplease555, for that post above.  Like him, I fell into the trap at convincing myself that it was an STD and tried to take every anti-biotic known to man.  I took very strong antibiotics for about a 2 months, until I could not take it anymore.  I have now stopped for a month and I feel the best I have.

Like many of you here I suffer from the same thing.

-swollen meatus like lips
-weird pain at tip of penis
-drippage after pee and ejaculation like it wont fully come out
-watery discharge after peeing
-Itchy thighs and scrotum
-Unebleivable sensitivity of head of penis, even to brush up on underwear.

I have taken all STD tests and all came back negative.  I even did a research study on the first urethral swab test for cancerous strains of HPV and even that came back negative. I was convinced it had to be a type of herpes due to the itching and prodome, but no lesions ever occured.  One small pimple did occur on the tip of my meatus and I for sure thought that this was it, this is my herpes outbreak, but I popped it and just like a pimple white pus came out and then went away, nothing else.   I though it was candida and changed my diet around and applied clortizamole everywhere.  Uro thought it was prostatitis and prescribed me 30 days of levofloxacin that I said no and did not take.  I have realized and accepted that I may not find an answer for what I have.  

This is the main thing that killed me, I needed to find an answer to this.  When I would find out that a test was negative I would convince myself it was something else.
It kind of turned into an obsession of figuring it out.  But what I have realized is that the sooner you start accepting it, the sooner you will start to forget about it.  Almost 95% of the posts in this group are when people are freaking out or having their symptoms at the worst time, its rare to see continued posts (rbaker, tornmeatus, and user are exceptions) which must mean that people either got better or accepted their symptoms.  

No matter what we have we will be ok.  If you just got it, the pain will subside with time and symptoms will get better.

Changing my diet and lifestyle have reduced the pain and not masturbating as much has lowered inflammation.  For me its only been 3 months too!  I read that some have for over a year, but do they change their diet. I try to eat healthy and not drink to much.  This has helped so much, I also switched to boxers from briefs.  Also silk boxers help tremendously.  

The main things that you need to know are that it can probably one of the following:

Bacterial, Viral or fungal

Bacteria: Most bacteria can be taken care of with antibiotics. Chlaymdia, Gonnorhea, and Syphillis can all be cured.  I have also done extensive research on mycoplasma and ureaplasma, which it may be if you still have symptoms after your initial treatment.  Usually Moxifloxicin will knock both of those out.  

Viral:  I believe what I have is viral.  I took HSV1 and HSV2 test and they both came out negative.  HPV also came back negative.  I have intching in my inner thighs and pain at the bottom of my tailbone, where the nerves are.  This gets worse at night.
Things I have started to research more:
-Other strains of the hepresviruses: CMV and others

Fungal/parasite: If it is fungal it is most likely candida.  I did take flucontazole for a few days, but I changed my diet around.  I did take metrinadazole (I thought it was trich) and it was one of the best medications I took for relieving my symptoms, which made me think that it was a parasite, but it came back once I finished taking. I also still use OTC cream just if my meatus inflammation gets really bad.

When you go to your doctor talk to them about these three types of infections.  My exposure happened in thailand from unprotected oral sex so my mind was going absolutely crazy with all the diseases they have over there....I am just glad that I do not have one of the main STDs.  Like I mentioned earlier accepting it is the first step and knowing that time will help.  If you would like to talk one on one please reach out to me and I will give you my number.

Hang in there boys its going to be alright!

hello guys, I have exactly the same symptoms as most of you. Did anyone ever consider the possibility that a varicocele may be causing this? Did any of you did an ultrasound of the testicles?
I have an idea that it might be a trauma caused by masturbation in pants when the sensitive tip was rubbed intensively against the fabric of the underwear. Just a possibility....
I have 3 symproms that might be related to one issue.
1. swallen meatus - fish lips om penis glans
2. sometimes small acne like pimples appear on inside of my thighs
3. sometimes swallen saliva glans
How do you guys have sex with this issue? First time I tried having sex, it hurt like hell when I tried to penetrate... Second time it also hurt and I couldn't maintain an erection because of it. Been going on since then, have some erectile dysfunction problems because I'm expecting pain...

Having suicidal thoughts lately...

Please help.
So I just read this entire thread, one question. Have any of your partners tested positive for anything. Did you still have vaginal sex with your mate? I'm assuming since they have no idea what this is. No tests caught it. Did any of your partners experience any pain or symptoms? Thanks
Mac
Hello guys, I want to share my story. I have been reading this and other similar topics on the internet and they have been a great help for me. I rarely posted. When I did, my nickname was vaaal or vaaal88.
I have had this problem since April 2016, so one year and a half ago. I am happy to say that now I am much better, but let me go in order. If you just want to know what helped, go at the end of this post.
At that time I was having a “colorful” sexual life, with different sexual partner one after another. The encouters were protected, but the oral was not. Also, *one* encounter was not protected at all (stupid, I know). However, please pay attention to this: I am not sure any of these encounter caused this. It may just be random. I believe that inferring from time series is very dangerous, as we may be biased in believing that some cause effect mechanism exists when there is not.
Anyway, this is my story. I am around 30yo and I live in the UK. My symptoms started on the 4th of April 2016.  Please notice that since one year prior to that, I had post voiding dribbling of urine. On the 4th of April 2016 I went in the bathroom to pee. This has always been a small nuisance, not cause by prostate issue (I was said), and I just learnt to live with it. That day after peeing I felt an annoying tingling and some (classic) dribbling. I felt like there was something still in my urethra that I couldnt’ get out. I masturbated, but this didn’t help and caused more dribbling and irritation. That’s how my nightmare started. For the next 6 months I kept having these syntomps: irritation, tingling, burning on the glans. These syntomps were particularly stronger after having urinated, but where mostly there ALL DAY LONG.
Life was extremely difficult and, like you, I had suicidal thoughts. My glans was irritated all the time, I ALWAYS felt like there was something inside the urethral tube. Obviously I started looking on the internet for reasons to this problem and, unwillingly, I became and expert of urinary-related issues. I think this is shared amongst all of us long-time sufferer.
Fortunately, I also kept a diary since the very beginning of this problem, so that I know exactly what I did, what I tried, and how I felt at each point. Keep a diary has been extremely important as I could track how good I was doing. I realize that when people feel bad, they overestimated how bad they have been in the past. Reading a diary and realizing that just couple of days earlier you were better (and thus you most likely are going to be better again soon) is a big, big help.

Anyway. The first things I did was to get tested for sexual disease. I was always clean to everything. Nevertheless, I was prescribed several antibiotics. At the beginning I tried doxycycline which seemed to work, but after a week the symptoms came back. After that, the next antibiotics had less and less effect, and at a certain point they didn’t work at all. I tried many antibiotics. I also tried some antifungal medication and some other general urinary medicine. This is a list of the stuff I tried during the first 9months. None of these worked.
ANTIBIOTICS
Doxy (2 a day) (started 20 May, stopped 12 June, it only worked for a while)
Azithromycin (1g 5 May, 1.5g - 14,15,16 June)
Moxifloxacin (16 - 28June, 400 mg, 1 a day for the first 6 days, then 16h regimen, from 25 started the normal regimen of 1 a day, until 28 June) total 2 weeks
Claritromicina+Trobamicina (6-12 July)
Minociclina (24 July - 4 August)
Ciprofloxacine (3 october - 1 november)
Erythomycine (31 November-17Novembre)

CREAMS (IRRITATION)
Cortopin (hydrocortison 1% twice a day, 4/11 until 18/11)
Daktarim hydrocort 1%+miconazole 2% from 18 to 24/11
miconazole 2%from 25/11
Mupirocin (ointment)
Cardiospermum Florasone Cream, 1 oz cream
OTHER
Metronidazole (23 June, 1 a day, 25 June took 5 pills (2g) and that’s it)
D-mannose (from 1 to 12 May, stopped)
Tamsulsin (1 a day) (started 9 June) (stopped 13 June)
Omega 3 (1 a day) (started 10 June) (stopped 13 June)
Uva Ursi
Mycozil
Vitamin B
Diflucan 1pill taken on the 18 on november and 2 more times in the past

(continues)
I tested (multiple times) at the sexual clinic. I also tested privately for other stds, by using an private service you can find online which tested for the following:
Chlamydia
Gonorrhoea
Trichomonas
Gardnerella
Mycoplasma
Ureaplasma

Herpes Simplex
Herpes Simplex II
HIV
Syphilis
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C
I was negative to all of this. I did (not in the UK but in my native country) urine and semen culture. One time from the semen culture it resulted that I had some mycoplasma. The lab did an antibiogram on the culture (that is, checking what antibiotics is it sensitive to) and it resulted mycocycline, together with doxycicline (which I had taken already). When I repeated the same culture few days later, the mycoplasma didn’t appear anymore. I did the antibiotics cure anyway but, as you can imagine, it didn’t work.

After around 6 months, however, I started feeling better. The first 6 months were just horrible, horrible, horrible. Then, it was less horrible, and some days I felt that I may actually survive this. During the first 6 months my average of pain/discomfort was 8. After that, for the next 3 month or so, it was 6 ½. This is still a lot and I still thought I couldnt’ leave with that. However, slowly improving gave me hope. Why was I improving though? No idea.
BTW what did the doctor say? Let me say that I have nothing but bad words for the UK health care system. It is, indeed, utter ****. Not only is swamped in burocracy, but the doctors are just not prepared for dealing with anything but the most stupid disease. In my case, they were of no help. Of course some urologist diagnosed prostatitis,  but as you may know this is just the name that they use when they don’t know hwat the heck is going on. In my case, my prostate didn’t look swollen.
After some months and some other failed attempt I did another trip in my native country. Here, thanks to the cheaper healthcare system, I did testicular scan (it resulted I have a varicocele, which I don’t think is related to all of this), prostate scan, bladder scan, retograde cystography. All these test returned normal results.
At this point, with my pain diminishing, I actually realized that all of this was connected with URINATION. This was difficult to realize during the first time, since I was in pain most of the time. But now it was clear that the pain was caused by urinating. Please let me be clear: I wouldn’t have trouble urinating, but I would have pain after having done it (irritation, tingling, dribble of urine) that lasted for hours. My glans always looked normal, a part from a little reddness around the phrenulum.
At this point I started to go for the dermatological cause. I went to a dermatologist and to an urologist and I think that’s the point where I really improved. Ironically, none of these two good doctors were in the UK, where it seems that there is NO good doctor at all, good Lord.
Briefly, (and summarizing what the 2 doctors said), the dribbling of urine that I had since 1 year priori the onset of my problem, may have cause a general irritation of the tube. This would explain why I felt mostly irritated after urination. The urine or the irritation generated a dermatological condition of the glans that would cause tingling etc.
Now, I am not sure that this is actually a correct diagnosis. After I pee I also feel some weird (but difficult to describe) feelign in my scrotum. How does this match with the diagnosis? No idea.
The urologist prescribed my terazosin. This must be taken for a couple of months to have effect, but it basically diminished the dribbling. And, incredibly, it worked!!  Do not get your hopes up: this was not a COMPLETE solution. I still had (and have) some dribbling, but it really helps. With the improvement of the dribbling, the tinglint and irritation also went away.
I am still taking terazosin one a day (doesn’t have any controindication) and I probably will have to all my life.
Another thing that really helped was the steroid cream. I really suggest you try this, but DO NOT EXAGGERATE. At the beginning when I tried it the effect was INCREDIBLE, and I thought I was completely cured. However, I had an horrible reaction to it: I was putting it everyday more than once a day. At some point I noticed my penis become more red and somehow wrinkly. One day after masturbation, when it went soft again, I noticed that my pain was all wrinkly, and the skin became SUPER DRY, like it seemed like paper. This was super horrible, I got terribly scared and I went to ER. Anyway with couple of days this went away, but lesson learn: do not abuse the steroid cream. But I have another solution for you: the dermatologist suggested to use the extract from the cardiospermum plant. You can find it in the florasone cream (they sell it through amazon, I think the vendor is in the states). This is similar to steroid but withouth the controindication. I used it very happily, and this also contributed to improving my symptoms.

So, slowly but steadely, I improved and improved. The Terazosin, together with several creams, contributed to this the most. I also started a routine to keep the glans clean. After peeing I wash it throuhgly. Generally I will still have some dribbling. If I do, I go back to the bathroom and wash it again. I do this even when I am at work. If I don’t do this, the irritation starts. If I do this, the irritation is still there, but is very manageable and quickly disappear. This means that everytime that I have to go in the bathroom, I actually have to go twice one after another ( I cannot just wait in the bathroom, as the dribbling is caused by the movement, and the irritation starts only when I move, so when I go from the bathroom back to my desk).
I can happily say that my life is now completely liveable. I am not in the state when I am scaringly looking for solution on the internet. I think that even if I have to leave with this all my life, I would still be happy. Btw since now I am also quite fine, I am rarely putting any cream there anymore.
Nowadays my condition does not limit me anymore. Before I had a complete social withdrawal, for obvious reason. Today I only have to be careful to plan my “urination” time wisely (as I need to be able to wash it and probably to go back to the bathroom twice).

Even this last part is now improving. Recently I have been considering the possibility that my urine may be infected, and thus causing the irritation. Of course, I have considered this in the past already, that’s why I took the antifungal and antibiotics. Now I am trying something different: cut the sugar. If it’s a candida infection, it may be candida glabrata, a resistant type of fungus. I am not sure if this will get rid of the irritation completely, but I will let you know. The good thing is that I am trying this kinda of “idly”: if it works, great! If it doesn’t… whatever! My life is still great now.

SUMMARY: I believe that my urine may have cause irritation on the glans/phernulum. I take terazosin to decrease the dribbling. This works but it takes a couple of months to work. To help the irritation, what worked was steroid cream and cardiospermum cream (e.g.you can get florasone from amazon, but I know that some country have other version as well. I am in UK and I could only find the florasone one). Also, and equally important: wash thoroughly after peeing, and also after the dribbling. Keep it clean.

If I realize that reducing sugar results in a big improvement,I will be back updating you guys.

Finally, I want to say to all the sufferers out there: hold on guys. I know what you are goign through. Is terrible, and it makes you feel like your life is going to end. My advice is: just hold on. THis is most likely going to go away. Keep trying different stuff, and think rationally about what it could be. KEEP A DIARY. Try different solution. Think scientifically about what you could have, how you could cure it, and what to do to cure it.
Also, if you are in the UK (but probably applies elsewhere): there are ways to overcome this horrible, horrible healthcare system we have here. Do not be afraid to try those. I am not suggesting anything illegalt, but just: be smart. If you want to try a new antibiotics because a paper suggest that it may be useful, PRINT IT AND BRING IT TO YOUR GP. Be convincing, *whatever it takes*. You know what I mean. Good luck guys, my thoughts are for all you.
I will keep reading regularly this topic. If you write, I will reply
BY VAAAL, vaaal88,

Also, some other information is worth sharing. Someone was wondering if this is something we can give to someone through sex. I don’t know. During all this time (and just since the beginning of my disease!) I had only one, lovely, unique girlfriend. At the beginning we didn’t have sex because of my problem (I was feeling to depressed for doing any). Then we did, with protection. After having reassurance from all those tests and all those doctors that I did NOT have any infections, we started doing it without any protection. Not we do it regularly, mostly without protection. She doesn’t have any problem.
Also, my “native country” where I did the urine and sement culture is Italy. In Italy these an other tests are around 40 pounds, nothing compared to the UK where you cannot really get this tests privately even if you wanted -___-
Ah, and btw, I also considered other options: strictures, diverticulum, etc. I didn an MRi and it was all good. As usual :P
vaaal
When you took the urine and semen test were you taking any antibiotics at the time? Because I've been taking doxy for about ten days and I don't know if it will interfere with the test results.
Thank you for your reply, has anyone else passed any symptoms on to their female partner?
Anybody?
i think i have my wifes always got discharge problems since being with me but everyones symptoms are mine exactly
can i post a pic of my irritated penis tip?
I had pretected vaginal sex but she gave me the condom out of the package after she lubed herself up with what I think was spermicide I don't know if there was any transmission there but it worrys me. What also worries me is before the sex she gave me a handjob but she spit on my penis when she did the handjob, again I don't know if that is probably cause for transmission. I'm hoping the urethritis I have is from the spermicide and not any std/sti. It was at a massage parlour my friend took my for my birthday I should Of never went I have so much guilt I want to tell my wife everything I'm so sad and depressed. I went to the urologist and told him everything he did a exam and said I had urethritis and prostatits from it. He prescribed me a month of doxy and said it should wipe it out. It's been about a week and it feels a little better as in I can walk in jeans but still feels a little tender. My fear is that I'm gonna relapse again as soon as I'm done. I want to masturbate and see how it feels and have sex but from what I'm reading it says it'll make it worse

I'm so scared for my health and my wife's health cause I just found out she's pregnant. All I been reading about is failed medications and remedys and no one knows what it is. Is it yeast. Bacteria, virus. Super clamydia. Ureaplasma or mycro plasma genitalia. I can't remember the last time I smiled or had a good time.

I wondering if I should stack it with more antibiotics or what? there's no way to test for it cause every test I took already came back negative. I hope I caught this early enough where I could eradicate it and cure it

If anyone found relief or information on what this is or how they got cured please help me. My life is falling apart.
tea tree oil or lotion with tea tree oil gives me much relief
Thanks. What else have you tried
Hello everyone! This has been going on for 3 months. I have a red, inflamed/swollen and irritated (just the bottom part) of the meatus, like a "u-shape" with right side more inflamed and bigger than left side. Additionally, there was a distinct "cut" just below the right inflamed portion of the meatus. Two other things I had noticed, first, there was a pimple (bled only slightly) in the narrow area where the buttocks end and lower back starts, not all the way in the butt crack but at the very end of it. Second, on my mouth, my lower lip remained very dry & chaffed for a few weeks and upper lip remained normal, both of these things have never happened before!

Used Miconazole for 2 weeks, used Clotrimazole/Betamethasone for another 2 weeks, Clindamycin, then did the Azithromycin 5 day. Urologist says a frenulum tear that will take time to heal. Looks like the tear has healed somewhat, but swollen red tip still remains, irritation is still there on an off, some days are better than others, it has improved over time. I have been drinking probiotic and immune enhancing Yogi tea, taking turmeric and fennel seeds everyday.

Considering to seek help from Emory Special Diagnostic Services, they are similar to the famous Dr. House TV show.
Get tested for ureaplasma and mycroplasma. I'm pretty sure we all have it and that's what causes it and there pretty much no cure
Would anybody know if a prosectomy would help? I know it's extreme but it sounds like our prostate is horboring this bacteria or whatever it is and causing reoccurring and persistent symptoms.
Longstory short I got a handjob from a rub and tug and the dumb broad spat on my penis to use for lube. Week after I started feeling irritated meatus dribble after urination but no discharge or burning urination. I'm married and just found out she's pregnant too had sex before symptoms showed but haven't since them.

My first urologist gave me a 30 course of doxy im 2 weeks in and It feels like it's working he didn't run any pcr test at all which worries me. But when he tested my urine for protein, white blood cells and bacteria he said it was negative. He said I have prostatitis and assured me i didn't give my wife anything and that this is common.

Second urologist "second opinion" I told my story and he gave me the pcr test still waiting for results though. But I'm afraid the doxy might cause a false negative. He said finish the doxy and come back if I'm still in doscomfort.

I made an appointment with a very reputable urologist that I'm going to ask very politely to give me every test under the sun and please give me proper anti biotics.

I revisited my first urologist and assured me again that I'll be fine and I'm gonna live speach. He said let the antibiotics run their course and allow them to work and if not they'll give me something else.

I still have minor discomfort after urination and a shrap stab sometimes in my prostate. I just want answers and for this to be over.
All,

I have a new culprit that I've been researching, it is called H Pylori. I URGE EVERYONE still investigating the issue to diagnose and treat H Pylori if they can.

This is a very resistant bacteria (can't be killed using single antibiotic, you need TRIPLE or QUADRUPLE antibiotic THERAPY), it is usually found in the stomach and GI tract, could cause GERD, acid reflux and stomach issues. This bacteria can travel to the mouth due to reflux and all of you all who had the problem start after oral sex can attribute it to H Pylori which was in the mouth of the other person or had possible exposure to contaminated saliva somehow.

H Pylori can survive in the GenitoUrinary tract because of favorable pH i.e. acidic. I have more stinging during the day when urine is slightly more acidic than in the evening or night. If you drink more water, it makes the pH of urine more neutral and thus less stinging.

H Pylori is a friend of Fungi/Yeast, it converts Urea to Ammonia & Carbonic Acid using the enzyme Urease which explains why the stinging is more pronounced after urination and also if urine is not properly dried using toilet paper. Maybe the by-products ammonia gas and carbonic acid is what causes the stinging sensation, who knows. If you wear loose clothes, the stinging is less prominent, maybe the ammonia gas dissipates by wearing loose clothes. If you wash the penis with water, the stinging decreases.

Just google H Pylori and Urethritis.

Bismuth (in Pepto-bismol) is what kills H Pylori in the Quadruple antibiotic therapy. Also, Probiotics, Nigella Sativa (black seed), honey, green tea and several other herbs are natural treatments of H Pylori.

Getting rid of it from the Gastric tract vs. Genitourinary tract would be two different problems. And antibiotic resistance is very prevalent in H Pylori infections.

Myself, I am still in the search of the combination of best regimen that would attack it from all sides, Quadruple antibiotic therapy (oral and maybe topical?) + natural + diet + antifungal (since yeast is H Pylori's friend). I want do this once and get it right.

Remember, Spadola on the Ehealthforum thread, who was a physician, tried a million different regimens, and he has mentioned this numerous times: "To reiterate, what worked for me was oral fluconazole, oral azithromycin, oral dicloxacillin and oral doxycyline."

Clarithromycin & Amoxicillin along with a proton pump inhibitor are precisely the treatment for H Pylori. Maybe, Spadola was unknowingly doing the triple/quadruple antibiotic therapy typically used for H Pylori. Maybe that is the culprit here, he said his pain had gone away 95% in some of his last forum posts and Doxy was the number one thing that had helped him.

Just some food for thought, let us see if anyone else can find any interesting things on H Pylori and can resolve the issue.
I am doing one method to change the PH in the body and urine. It is breathing exercise intruduced to me by Wim Hof. On youtube  watch the videos like iceman and wim hof and you will find plenty of examples of the method. I also did the full 10 week online course, including the breathing, cold showers and meditation. It is good stuff to better immune system. Although it didnt resolve the issue completely, cant hurt to improve ones lifestyle huh? Also I did the hydrocolone therapy, and it was great - by cleaning the colon from toxins, the immune system can focus more on othe r threats in the body. Feasting once in a while is also a good tip.
Just thought I would sent you guys in the direction of  natural self healing, although it didnt resolve my problem completely, it might contribute to my minor issues with it. I have been having this problem for 2 years now and it gradually gets less painful.
Are you guys having prostatits issues as well? I'm so confused to how this started Idk if I was over aggressive dry masturbating or the spit the girl used for the handjob or the spermicide that was used in the condom or poor diet or age. This all happened within the same timeframe. My meatus had gone down a lot from the doxy over the past 3 weeks I been taking a probiotic too to keep up with gut flora but I'm just so confused on what could of caused this
What are your guys symptoms? Discharge? Prostatitis? Burning/stinging urine? Pain anywhere? Urine dribbling? How's your ejaculation been?
So the doxy I been taking has no effect anymore and I'm starting to relapse into more meatus pain. I can't wait to go to this other urologist and see what he says. This is so bad I can see this affecting my marriage and my job and my entire life. It was feeling good for a week and then boom I had an alarming pinching pain at the tip and this all started to happen again.  It's been 6 weeks so far I can't believe people deal with this for months years or lifetime. I'm gonna have to start bandaging my penis again just to make it through the day
Has anyone investigated the possibility of Strep B?  That is a notoriously difficult to treat bacteria that can hide.
I'm waiting for my urologist appointment and I'm gonna ask him to test for strep, what I've concluded is a list of possible causes such as mycroplasma genitalium and hominus ureplasma urylyctum and parvum, hsv1-2, cmv, adenovirus, staph, trichonomias and some others
There's so many people that go through this and how there isn't an explanation is baffling.

So many ways In my head how I could of got this

1. Saliva that was used during my handjob transferred a viral or bacterial infection

2. The spermicide that was used on my penis before the condom went on causing a fungal infection

3.rough masturbation causing balantis or cuts allowing bacteria or fungus to grow

4? I don't know any other way this could happen.

I have been off ABX for 3 weeks after taking doxy for 3 weeks and I can say it is manageable but I don't want to jinx myself, i haven't been able to get a doctor willing to give me proper tests which is fustrating but by everyone else's situation I don't know if it will matter anyway, maybe this is just something we have to deal with and worry about the consequences down the road. We made our beds now we have to sleep on it. But a lot of us were just doing innocent fun sex. So we often ask why me why this. I've asked the same everyday still till today. It's only been about 2 months so I feel for the guys who suffer for months and years, stay strong!. I've cleaned up my diet a lot and I think that helps, low carb no red meat very very little sugars and trying to maintain a positive attitude. And some vitamins d3, tumeric, garlic, saw palmetto, enchencea. And a multi and a probiotic everyday. Maybe it's viral and our immune systems weak. I also been using ketocolozole cream lately I tried for 5 days and disregarded it cause it wasn't working but I'm giving it another shot.

The urologist I went to now was very open on possibilities and is doing a blood and urine test for everything but I will politely ask for semen and prostate samples.

He thinks it might be viral and wants me to try zorivax a anti viral cream but it's really expensive I'm yet to try it but am keeping some sort of hope. There's a laundry list of things I want to be tested for and hopefully just maybe we can find a root cause of this.
Really amazing that you are mentioning H pylori, because they have just found it in my stool. I was suffering from gastritis in the last month (suffering from the topic problem since 1 year and a half - however, I am 90% better than when I started) so I got this stool test and H pylori showed up. I have done 1 week of amoxicillina + claritromicina and this seemed to help, but not eradicate the bacteria. I am not sure if it made a big difference in terms of our urethral problem.

For me the problem is burning/stinging and dribbling after urination. The thing that helped most was to reduce the dribbling. This can be done by taking terazosine. Your doctor can prescribe it to you. However, note that terazosine takes around 1/2 months to show its effect. Is not anatibiotics, is something that you just take for your life. For me, it had an amazing effect, and yes, I had to wait for 1/2 months to notice it. But the dribbling reduce considerably and with it the irritation after having urinated. My gp think that the irritation may be cause by urine itself. I think it's obvious to think that the urine may be infected with something - however, I am negative to everything, a part this h pylori in the guy. Who knows..
Hockeyguy, I would tell you to hang in there. It does get better :)  can you write precisely your symptoms?
Do you think the symptoms get worst after urinating?
Val hi man, yea sure my symptoms started like two weeks after possible exposure. Started with irritated meatus like when I walked and my glans were real real sensitive. Also I have dribbling After urination no force behind ejaculation. The meatus it's self isn't too swollen but still irritated non the less. No pains when peeing no discharge no blisters. The glan sensitivity has gone way way down. I had minor maybe prostate related pain hard to tell if I was related to the prostate. Meatus irritation is noticeable but mangable. I'm afraid to ask for tamsulosin because I'm trying to get a certain job and I don't know if takin Alpha blockers is considered a health concern for disqualification
Also from what I hear hplori is pretty common and most people just live with it, and idk if it is transferable into the penis. Some people just live with it.
yeah I am not sure about the hpylori, and the literature is not sure either.
I understand your concern for tamsulosin. I take it at night before sleeping, and I have not felt groggy or sleepy since I have been taking it.
Dribbling is normal for most of the people. However in my case the dribbling was causing the irritation, so it really helped to stop it
Yea I'm gonna hold off on that for now. Are you in a relationship and if so do you and your partner have any unprotected sex? Asking because I haven't had sex with my girlfriend since because I'm afraid. I know condoms are an option but I just need to know she won't be able to catch anything. It's fustrating. Hope you guys are feeling better and anytime you guys wanna talk or share stuff let me know, I think talking and sharing story's and options have been a big help.
And I forgot to reply about your previous question. Yes urinating does agitate it but I wouldn't say make it worse. My urine stream is fine but I think the passing of urine is what agitates it and then I gently dab the tip with toilet paper and make sure it dry.
Has anyone had unprotected sex with thier significant other since this happened to them?
I want to know if it's safe yet.

I'm leaning toward this being a fungal thing but idk. Last year I had a woman give me a handjob with some lubricant and about a week after I started feeling the same symptoms a irritated meatus hurt to walk around. I went to a clinic and they gave me doxy for a week and it went away but doxy is for bacteria so I don't know what it was. We also had sex but it was with a condom.

Fast forward a year later same situation except the woman spat on my penis for lube to hj me. Idk if that's even enough to transmit something? Then she used some lube stuff to masturbate me again and put a condom on and had sex. I'm thinking this is all linked to the spermicide/lotion they used. But I was in doxy for 3 weeks this time and had no effect on me

Still I think this may be a fungal/yeast infection deep in our urinary tract and we need oral antifungals to help cure it. I mean we can all agree that diet helps no junk food or anything sweets and carbs. And yeast all grow from those. So my theory is we all need extended fungal meds to weed out this problem
Just got test results back WOW big surprise I'm 100% negative for everything. This has to be a fungal type infection. Mucous to mucous transmition or something.

My apologies for being so active on here but I look at this as a journal to write the things I've tried the medications what worked and what hasn't.

I'm hoping one day that it's figured out and I can share my experience and notes with people
And also through my findings taking doxycycline and fluconazole together make for a very potent candida attacker.
Hi hockeyguy thanks for keep posting. Yes i have sex with my girlfriend. I have actually unprotected sex (since about 8 months). She never had any problem. The reason for the unprotected sex is that i got tested so many times for so many things and i always was negative, that i really believed i must have some other type of infection.. Fungus or a dermatological irritation..
Anyway that s just me..:)
Hockeyguy i sent you a private message
Hi guys, just some food for thought on H Pylori, do a google search for the below two:

Helicobacter pylori infection transmitted sexually via oral-genital contact: a hypothetical model

(Open the first link)

Non-gonococcal urethritis, Helicobacter pylori infection
and fellatio

(Open the 4th link, should open as a pdf file)

Symbiosis between H pylori and yeast
Siavoshi et al showed that H pylori has a unique symbiotic relationship with yeast where the yeast may protect H pylori against adverse environmental conditions. H pylori penetrates the yeast and resides in a vacuole where it can survive heat (100°C for 15 minutes), dehydration (37°C for 3 months), and chlorination (2 ppm). This symbiotic relationship may prolong the viability of H pylori and play a crucial part in sexual transmission.

It should also be remembered that, owing to the ubiquitous distribution of yeast, it also represents a significant proportion of the normal flora of the human female vagina and the external genitalia. Studies have shown that the prevalence of yeasts and/or Candida albicans in the normal vagina of healthy, non-pregnant women is between 5% and 30%.Yeasts have also been isolated as normal flora from the human mouth with 75% of yeasts found in the mouth being C albicans, with other Candida sp making up the rest.
Hi, new poster here. Just in the first throws of this but here is my perspective. Hopefully may add to the information.

First of all I should say I have not had a partner for ~4 years (following a really sad break up). This has just flared up but symptoms appear similar. As I write the main issue is slightly swollen, irritated margin to urethra (lips is common expression). This has distorted the margin slightly (crease on one side) and it looks like the redness is streaky in appearance.
I think also a little blotchy/streaky inside the urethra if I open. These symptoms wax and wane but haven't subsided.

Here is how this started: Had slightly irritated foreskin (uncircumcised) for a few months. Controlled by increased washing but never completely went so off to the docs. He thought yeast (candida) so said try canestan. No change. Went back - presecribed Daktacort (antifungal with some hydrocortisone). Now here is where things got strange. This ointment cleared the foreskin problem but - I developed irritated tip to penis. Just slightly red at first.
This was a new symptom.

So back to docs. He said keep using Daktacort for another few days thinking yeast had taken hold there as well. However this didn't affect it.

Weeks progressed with anti-fungal (oral) and then doc changed his view suggesting bacterial. Prescribed two antibiotics (first nitrofuantoid then doxycycline a week later). No improvement.

Just been back (a week later) with same symptoms and a bit of stinging at the end. Doc looked again and thought it looked quite a bit better although it changes (never completely goes). I think blood flow is less when you are tense and at he docs which makes it harder to show. Anyway. I left quite optimistic as he has a fresh pair of eyes and I've been staring at this for weeks.

However - a few days on and I think it is pretty much the same. Looks worse after hot bath although a few hours later can look the least red though not gone.

Here is additional info:
No discharge
No UTI (doc though I did have one but antibiotics probably killed it)
No pain on peeing (just irritation at tip)
Occasional pressing pain on shaft and head but this is occasional and borderline pain/pleasure sensation.
Local glands up and down but I'm not sure if I am just overworrying?

I cried the other day because this isn't getting better. Can't talk to anyone (hence ended up here) and I just want my member back to normal. Doc said leave things alone for a bit and see how it goes. I don't want to over-analyse or worry but I do want a diagnosis and hope of cure

I am taking a lot of Vit C at the moment and a garlic supplement. May help.

I work in science (not medicine) so I have been methodical in trying to exclude things. Stopped using soaps and changed washing powder, different underwear. Pretty sure it is not related to any of these.

I have a hunch that the redness irritation on the foreskin that was cured by antifungal may have had completely different effect on the different (more delicate?) skin of the urethra. It seems related (see above). Alternatively did he Daktacort cream irritate the urethra and now it is very sensitive and somehow we need to break the cycle?

I read that inflamation, swelling and pain at any site is a natural body defence mechanism to infection or irritation. My doc thinks the swelling/redness is a normal healthy response to something going on. The question is what? Or we have developed some inflammatory condition (the inflammation is the condition itself) which needs a different approach.

I would like a second opinion but it would need to be with a urologist or specialist who is interested in solving this. If medicine is anything like other branches of science, there should be practitioners who see this as an area worthy of research and study. I for one would be happy to be part of any study. I am sure others on here would also.

One question I do have is if this is a long term thing, how can we reduce the swelling/inflammation at the lips? Do you have any tips for things that work? If this could be cosmetically improved I think I would relax.

Thank you for listening and I hope this can add to the body of evidence building. Maybe we can get a urologist to take this on as a research topic if indeed it is emerging as a new phenomenon.

Med1234 - uk
How are you doing these days? Im in a similar boat to you, also looking for someone to talk to...
Further to above I just read the vitamin C dose I am taking 1-2 g/day (tolerable) is actually in ascorbic acid form which is acidic. This could potentially irritate further. So changing to calcium ascorbate form (alkaline - so called gentle vit C) to see if this helps. Vit C is strongly anti-viral I believe so worth a shot. This condition seems to want a topical treatment where we can see the issue. I wonder if anyone has had a meaningful swab that showed anything or indeed if topical antimicrobial or antibiotic creams have been tried with any success? Med1234
Same condition as the rest of you. Here is my story...

I am 40 years old & uncircumcised and it started after a trip to Cabo last year. Got creative with some sun burn gel and bam... little Johnny's irritated. Scented Soaps and man lotions didn't work, suffered with it for about four months until I discovered Cotizone cream with Aloe & Dove Sensitive Skin, it cleared it up within three days.

All was fine until this year, same scenario, trip to Yucatan and the jungle, lots of sweat, overwashing due to Mex water quality  (I suspected) and three days back in the states and it's back with a vengence. I should also admit I had a massive amount of stress since the beginning of this year too (family illness, dumb instance of infidelity, 40 bday, etc).Tried the cortizone cream and it cleared up again within a few days, stopped the cream and... it came back! Along with skin irritations and light rashes in the groin area.

Switched Laundry detergent, put an eight stage filter on the shower head, sanitized said head, went on a drastic Candida diet (No alcohol, sugar, cheese, yeast, bread, peanuts, you get it), a quality probiotic, non-soaps, just pure organic coconut oil, then man1 oil, then terrasil balantis solution, then just water, then just saline solution... hair dryer method... No real help just incremental improvements.

During all that I got HIV1 & 2, Herpes, Syphilis tests and all we're negative (scary stuff). Shortly afterward, noticed some small cauliflower growths in the groin area. Not on the jewels, in between thigh and groin area,  so finally showed the doc. Genital warts (insert infidelity and stress) and balanitis (overwashing and fiddling) was the diagnosis. He put me on Nystatin cream for 10 days for the balanitis, lasered the growths, told me to have my wife test for HPV & pap smear (yikes but it was time to man up so I did). He also said to just use cetaphil eczema calming body wash & lotion and to up the immunity support with Vitamin C.

That was three weeks ago, the Nystatin cream may have or may have not helped. The cetaphil lotion (not the wash because of water) seems to work on it's own and I swear by it now. I'm not 100% but I am about 75 % clear. I also got two middle ear infections and a throat infection due to stress and shocking my system after that first doc viair. That happened
about two weeks ago and it got me a 10 day Amoxicillin prescription. I believe the antibiotics may have inadvertently killed any skin bacterial infection too, who knows but it is part of my story.

Some other key things for me:

1) Let a licensed doctor or dermatologist see it if you can and have not. Yes, it is embarrassing but they see stuff like that all day long so man up and get a professional opinion.

2) Use finger cots or sterile oatmeal gloves when you touch or apply cetaphil eczema calming lotion. Stop putting water on it and stop touching it with bare hands, even if they are washed. Every time I would  touch it or put water on it I could literally see the newer skin layer peel off and I would be back to square one. Finger cots helped but gloves work if you can't find them.

3) Get your spouse or significant other (if female) tested for HPV. You could be carrying and chances are you are or have at some point, it is that widespread. I/we have a low risk strain (wart causing but not likely to cause cancer). There is no test for men, but women can test during a pap smear. HPV (especially low risk strain 6) has been linked to a few chronic cases. If you find you have HPV don't freak, your immune system  (which is likely compromised due to the stress of little Johnny's injury) is your best and only defense. I found www.berkeleyformula.com and have been on (4) caps a day for the past month. I think it is the best supplement for it and your immune system and no, I don't work or own the company. I found it while researching HPV treatment. At very least, get on a good multivitamin with C, Bs, E and Folate. Reduce hem (animal source) iron and sugar. It should be under control with six months to two years if you get your immune system up and fortified.

4) Try to distress and not fiddle with it. Stay away from Web MD and find something to boost your spirits and immune system. Get as much sleep as you can and keep the faith in Vitamin C and your own ability to beat whatever is the underlying cause.

5) Post here with your progress and help others. I believe there is no one single remedy but the more we communicate, the more we will all discover relief.

That's my story (for what it's worth) and I'm sticking to it.

Take care.

Your ordeal started from sunburn lotion? Most of our cases were from oral sex, have you done anything in the past that might suggest it could be oral?
Bit of info - mine came out of the blue (read post). Last o-contact was 4 years ago. Been absolutely fine up till recently so either o- not the cause or perhaps something dormant in which case associating with close events to symptoms appearing could be misleading? Another piece in the jigsaw

I have some questions for all you guys which I will post separately and hopefully you can answer. Keep checking back.
Hi All,

I wonder if you would mind answering the following questions as succinctly as possible.

1. Do you have slightly swollen urethral opening (meatus)?

2. Is it just swollen or inflamed as well?

3. If inflamed, is it uniform or are there localised red spots or streaks? Any distortion/creases that were not there before?

4. Does any inflamation only extend symetrically around the tip (pale elsewhere) or does it extend downwards (in the direction any pee might dribble) as well? e.g. a region of linear redness.

4. Do you have increased urge to pee? Day or night.

5. Is any inflamation/irritation increased after peeing?

6. Is any inflamation/irritation reduced after a long period without peeing (e.g. after a full night's sleep)?

7. Does the swollen region ever change to looking paler and wrinkly (even if it reverts back later)?

8. Does it look worse after a bath/shower?

9. Have you had any foreskin related issues (e.g. red, itchy foreskin) either prior to or during this episode? If so have they persisted or cleared with meds.

10. List briefly anything you think has genuinely helped your condition.

Thank You, hopefully we might get a clearer view of what is going on here and I welcome your contribution.
Med1234.
Yeah pretty much sums it up
Hockeyguy, would you mind answering the points above. Hopefully we can get a picture of common features. Particularly I think it is important to try and identify if this is a) ongoing infection b) present UTI infection causing constant irritation c) post infection inflammation (which can happen even though the cause has been eradicated) d) some dermatological phenomenon. If it is persistent inflammation (a lot of people have been hammering this with loads of antibiotics etc. so perhaps the cause has gone in many cases) - then maybe the focus needs to be on reducing inflammation and healing. Just a thought. I read a paper today that pointed out the fact that urethra can remain inflamed long after urethritis bacteria are killed off. Another area worthy of study is systemic and topical anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral approaches. It may be a case of trying anything and everything but empirical studies can reap results sometimes.
Yes to all you questions. I don't know what's causing it no one knows we are all just trying to figure out solutions and sharing what we tried. Could be fungal, bacterial or viral. Test show up negative for stds so maybe it's staph or strep maybe parasite infection? No one knows what can cause it just the majority of us got it after an encounter with oral sex
I don't want to be rude but your guess is as good as ours. There's a process of elimination on what works and what doesn't what else is been effective and effected. Do you experience and prostate pain? What treatment options have you tried so far?
No worries, I am trying to figure my issue out and hope I can help some others out. No prostate pain (I've never had it so I'm not sure what it feels like). Current situation general doc advised leave off meds for a while and see if it settles. Will respond to your PM in a mo. Best Wishes.
Hi Med1234, answers to your questions below:

There is a huge forum on this issue that has been going on for 10 years on Ehealthforum, there were some smart people on it (a doctor, a Phd etc.). Possible culprits: HPV (dysplastic cells), CMV (localized immune suppression), EBV, H Pylori (hard to get rid of bacteria), Mycoplasma Genitalium, Ureaplasma, Staph, Strep, E. coli, C Diff

You bring up a good point, it could be that the pathogen has been eliminated, but the inflammation persists.

1. Do you have slightly swollen urethral opening (meatus)? Y

2. Is it just swollen or inflamed as well? to me, swollen and inflamed mean the same thing

3. If inflamed, is it uniform or are there localised red spots or streaks? Any distortion/creases that were not there before? Right side is more inflamed than left, under the right inflamed portion, I have a cut or tear in the skin that doesn't seem to heal completely, Dermatologist told me it is re-epithelialized skin (just as the skin when ear lobe gets pierced and the skin inside the hold curls and heals), since it is a dent on the penis head, it will keep catching things in its way (urine, yeast, bacteria etc.). Also, the circular area, the penis head skin looks like graph paper i.e. vertical and horizontal creases running up and down.

4. Does any inflamation only extend symetrically around the tip (pale elsewhere) or does it extend downwards (in the direction any pee might dribble) as well? e.g. a region of linear redness. My inflammation is only the bottom portion of the urethral opening, like u-shape

4. Do you have increased urge to pee? Day or night. Yes, symptoms are cyclical. Some days the urge increases, some days it goes down.

5. Is any inflamation/irritation increased after peeing? Irritation is increased after peeing, especially if droplets are not wiped away completely.

6. Is any inflamation/irritation reduced after a long period without peeing (e.g. after a full night's sleep)? Yes

7. Does the swollen region ever change to looking paler and wrinkly (even if it reverts back later)? No

8. Does it look worse after a bath/shower? No

9. Have you had any foreskin related issues (e.g. red, itchy foreskin) either prior to or during this episode? If so have they persisted or cleared with meds. No

10. List briefly anything you think has genuinely helped your condition. Nothing so far.
I also have some upper part testicle dull pain  once a while, like once in 2 months it comes for a 2 days and is gone . Both right and left.
My symptoms include

-Swollen meatus, both sides
-Pain with friction but not to the touch
-Silvery Red spots on glans that come and go
-Swollen glans
-When fully erect, glans skin looks stretched/transparent
-Difficulty starting urine
-Urine dribble when done
-Less forceful ejaculate/discomfort
-Discomfort during urination
-A really odd pinching sensation and pinching discomfort.

So here is my story. Last October I went to Peru and Ecuador on a family vacation.  Once home I got a much needed random **.  Early November I noticed the head of my penis was irritated.  It was painful to jerk off, wear anything but tight fitting underwear, or sleep naked.  It felt like anything that brushed against the head of my penis felt like sandpaper.  I also had discomfort when I peed and ejaculated.  I also had the occasional pinching.  It seemed to be worse for a few days after an episode of pinching.  I thought initially I picked up something from the ** and had a full STD Panel mid-November.   Everything came back NEGATIVE.  Wondering if I had picked up skin bug from the trip and completely baffled with my irritation my MD recommended I see a Dermatologist.  Luckily the Dermatologist believed me cause it gets red and inflamed and painful and then sometimes looks normal but still painful. My Dermatologist put me on Fluconazole x 2 Weeks and a mild/medium steroid.  (Desonide Cream)

I took the Fluconazole and applied the cream for the 2 weeks.  Absolutely no change.  I went back  and she prescribed a stronger steroid, and a stronger steroid and finally recommended I see a Urologist.  In that visit I explained the situation.  He said that the skin part was not his thing and to go back to the Dermatologist.  He did a bladder scan and a cystoscopy.  Both negative.

I went back to see my primary MD and asked for a swab culture of my urethra.  Came back negative.  Back to Dermatologist who recommended a biopsy.  Had a 2mm biopsy that came back (for the most part) Negative.  At least this ruled out neoplasm/cancer but inconclusive for anything else. The pathologist I believe was very extensive and looked for everything . My Dermatologist said the steroids are harsh and it does change some of the skin.  Yes the biopsy was painful.

Dermatologist was baffled so she tried a steroid/antifungal cream combo.  No change.  We then tried a strong strong steroid (Flucinonide)for a week.  Seemed to make it worse which indicated it was infection of some sort.  Steroids allow infection to gain strength I understand.

We then tried Amoxicillin/Clavulanic acid, and Flagyl, and Elidel Cream.   Again no change.

We then tried homeopathic's such as silver spray, Two Old Goats Essential Oil Lotion, Candida Oral Supplement, coconut oil, garlic cloves and many others.

Next I see another urologist who said the same thing as the first.  Go back to Derm even though I had discomfort with urination and ejaculation.

I have gone from a great sex life to virtually no sex life, from not wearing underwear under gym shorts at home to having to wear underwear with no seam in the front, and from feeling like a sexy guy to having no sex appeal whatsoever. It is quite depressing.

Looking  to the web I found the thread on ehealthforum and convinced my MD to try Doxycycline 100mg twice daily per Spadola’s suggestions.  I started this early June.

Come August realizing the Doxy was not doing anything I turned to the internet again.  I found an article on Candida Glabrata using topical Amphotericin B and Flucytosine.  Back to the Dermatologist I go.  Given I have Kaiser Insc the had Flucytosine in an oral suspension only.  I tried the oral suspension topically but all it did was make the head of my **** sticky which in turn made it feel worse. They did not have a Flucytosine cream nor did they have Amphotericin B. Back to the web.  I found that the article said it was a compound.  I found a compounding pharmacy to make it in Palm Desert, CA.  $790.00 later out of my pocket I started this on September 1.  I have been using this cream with no change.  I am still on the Doxy.

Last week I found Charlie’s post on eHealth recommending we check out H. Pylori.

While still on the Doxy, I started Omeprazol, Amoxicillin, and Clarithromycin Monday 9/25.  So far I am hopeful.  For the first few days I had very little discomfort and was able to wear gym shorts all day with no discomfort.  I also didn’t have any pinching since  9/26.  Sadly this lasted less than a week and I am back with all of the symptoms.  None of them are as severe as they were initially.

I also ordered Lauricidin, InterFase Plus and NAC which are biofilm disruptors which do not seem to be helping.  I am still on the Doxy and have an appointment with a new primary MD on 10/31

WE ARE going to kick this thing…..

We have a private WhatsApp group where we discuss this. Is also very useful for give and receive support for sufferers of similar problems. Contact me privately here to know more!

~ stinging burning on the meatus/urethral tube (may be worst after urination)
~ a rash or swelling on the meatus/glans
~ occasional pinching sensation in the glans/head
~ none of us have any discharge and have been tested extensively for STD's
~ suspect it is from oral sex
~ dribble after urination
~ occasional prostate/testicular/perineal pain
~ chaffing of meatus and glans which is /sensitivity to cloth.

Feel free to join the group. It's helpful to have someone to talk to!
I too am having the same problem,  I thought I'm for sure caught hsv 1 genital. All my tests have been negative for all std and sti.  My meatus became irritated and inflamed 2 months after possible exposure. I had protected oral but maybe her saliva got into the base of my penis. It when I took it off the saliva on the condom may have touched my head. I have noticed my penis gland change as well. It is somewhat shiny, dryer , pale and wrinkly. Have you guys noticed that as well?
I have not noticed the wrinkles but it is the rest of the symptoms
yes rede333. I am having the same look of my penis head. dry, pale and wrinkly...I put lotion with tea tree oil on it and it helps
Anyone having pain in balls or sperm tubes going from balls to penis as I have?
Hey CAVT Guy,
How are things.  I have not been posting for extended time somewhat.  I have used my own topical ABX mix and I think it did help, for my case at least;  I added with one herb that I found helpful.  I rarely used the herb now. Although I did occasionally use the abx mix, about once a month, a few months back, something like that.

I went back to fairly normal condition somewhat after that - only background faint irritation which usually only appeared with certain food. So I rarely focus myself on it anymore

I have now not used the "once a month" topical abx mix  for abt 2 mo, and recently started something  new - vit D3 (5000IU, Doctor's best) and vitacost Ultra K which is a mixture of vitamin K1 and K2s.   This was due to strange random blood pressure spike I had about a month ago.  I read that vit D might help for such condition.  I then discovered that ppl said vit K supplementation is a must if you take vit D, to prevent vessels calcification.  Coincidentaly, vit K has vital roles in blood vessels health ie prevent calcifications, and that might actually explain why I had the strange blood pressure spike

Strangely, I find that the D3/Kmix combo made the background faint irritation to become rarer or the condition have now shifted to a new level  of better improvement

My theory is that, most of us have low (active) vit D3 levels. You can do a blood test if you wish to check on this.  Calcification is one enemy that one might want to avoid; breast cancer also has calcifications as one of the early symptoms

If one takes a lot of ABX, then there is likely a depletion of vit K as you are killing the good bugs in your tummy with ABX.  It is said we need good bugs in the tummy to convert K1 to K2, which has many functions.  Besides this, you also need to eat plenty of veggies  to get the K1, which I rarely does!

K deficiency can cause calcifications in various tissues.  Something that can be nasty if left unchecked.  Apparently there are reports that vitamin K also has some roles in preventing cancer. Have to read more on that

Vit D is needed in many bodily functions, including immune system and reducing inflammation

If you guys try the D3 / Ks combo, post it here if it helps:)

Cheers for now