Urology Community
Persistent Inflamed & Irritated Meatus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Viewing 601-646 comments:
Has anyone tried metronidazole combined with miconazole cream?

Been having this red meatus lips (especially after masturbation) for 1.5 years now. All tests negative (tested urine twice; even once after a prostate massage; put a swab in my glans (glands) and brought it to the hospital...
ALL negative.)Tried Azitromycin, itraconazole with miconazole, daktarin, ...
Nothing seems te help... FML, seriously :(
How did you go about getting prescribed all those meds?  I feel like it would be impossible to convince any of the docs I've seen to prescribe 1/2 those meds.
Is this a reply to my message? :p
Did u really have Chlamydia? Did it show positive on the STI tests?
Did u have Chlamydia and ghonorrea?
I find your post very complicated and confusing... I've got an red thick meatus with lips around for about 1.5 years now, STI test negative, received a prostate massage and the liquid was checked: negative. Also my urine was checked 2x separately and negative...
Did your tests came back negative before u started this treatment? How the heck can u get these medicines then?

I really don't get it. At first the doc thought it was Chlam, so gave me 1.5 grams of Zithromax. (this when l was waiting for the STI test results), STI turned out negative, urine too, prostate massage too, so doc was clueless. On another forum someone was cured from this problem using itraconazole with miconazole cream. I tried that for 2 weeks (400 mg per dag) and smearing this miconzolazole nitrate 20 mg/g twice a day on the meatus, and it didn't help anything.

So are u saying that l should start from the very beginning and take azithromycine again, followed by these other AB's and injection??? Pretty insane.
In later posts you say all your STI test came back negative. Very confusing man :s can u be a bit more precise please?
I mean l've been walking around with the swollen meatus for a year (especially after masturbation, with lips). After this year l started asking myself the question whether such a meatus is normal or not. Got checked for all STI and negative. So, if l had Chlam, it'd still be visible in the tests, right? Anyway, l tried 1.5 gram zithromax and also a combo of itraconazole and miconazole nitrate as u can read if u go down. Nothing helped.
No. Was to John 8181.  Not sure why it was not in line with his comment.  I replied to his first "Cured" post.
On some other forum I found someone who was cured of this with the following treatment. Here is his post:
"Okay so,I am a genetic engineer from Greece,lives in New York.I had the exact issue..I have found the solution just recently.

You get %70 alcohol wipes from CVS,you wipe it gently everytime after you pee.Please WASH YOUR HANDS everytime before you do this.After that apply a body lotion that has NO SENSE in it.Meaning like strawbeery,Orange or any kind of flavor.Just regular body lotion.The redness will burst after a while like around 2 weeks.You will have those white bumps right around the pee hole.DO NOT PANIC! This means now the virus is out and it is about to die.Take a warm shower everyday.After the shower,again wipe the pee hole gently.Make sure those white stuff comes out and redness will appear,if it is severe it might bleed,do not panic! ,it is normal.and apply ABREVA on it including body lotion.Take a SOFT toilet paper and wrap your penis,and gently place it in your underwear.Wear brief slip underwears,and then your penis does not fling around during the day,and it gets less irritated.keep apply the same thing all the time after you pee.Because,once you pee ,Uric Acid makes the redness/wound open up easily.You might think Alcohol also opens up the wound,YES it is right but it cleans up the area!..That s all I can say.My wound is about to die.This might takes 3 to 4 weeks to clean up all.
All my STD / HIV tests are NEGATIVE.Doctors could not find a cure on it.Some thought fungus or some kind of virus.No ,it is just a bacteria that sits on your pee hole,because it is moist and gets fed by the vitamins and waste nutrions that has in your pee.Do not use Hydrocortizons because it also feeds the bacteria and keeps it moist (Hydro means water base).Please,yet again,you have to be really careful with your hands.Do not touch your penis without washing your hands.Do not use sanitizers for your hands,use regular soap,and also wipe your hands with Alcohol Wipes.Change your underwear everyday.Be sure,everything is clean.I know I sound like some kind of OCD but at the end ,you are just being happy after seeing the results.

P.S. Try not to have sex or masturbate during the treatment.You certainly decrease the irrtation by not having sex or masturbating.

You ll pray for me!

Thank you all "

Does anyone think this is a possibility to treat this problem?

Is this topic closed? Coz my replies aren't appearing here...
Well, that guy said "This might takes 3 to 4 weeks to clean up all. "
That says it all. He is not 'cured' yet.

Some are adamant its fungus -- as I emphasized earlier, if it is fungus, you have to do a swab. The swab will tell you if it is really fungus. Because candida/fungus can be swabbed and watched under a simple ordinary microscope. If no fungus seen, then it is not fungus.  Typically, candidiasis, needs no swab because it causes thrush -- in the mouth /oral area it is called oral thrush.  White tongue is an obvious sign of candida colonisation

This issue,. is most likely related to virus[es] infection. It leads to development of dysplastic [abnormal] cells. That is why you have the lingering irritation.  Only broad antiviral would work on it.  

I have tried 2 times per day 200 mg of itraconazole, combined with miconazole cream on the meatus twice a day. Nothing improved at all. So it is not a fungus.

To me it doesn't really irritate as in hurting. But the red lips / area around the meatus kills my self-confidence.

Do you think it is causing more trouble inside the body? Maybe in the urine bladder ?
My urine and prostate liquid were tested and nothing abnormal was found, but they probably checked for bacteria?
* tried that antifungal treatment (thought it would solve the problem, as nothing was being found in the tests) with itraconazole and miconazole cream for 15 days. 400 mg per day is already a high dosage, which is pretty heavy for the liver. I was told that this itraconazole works for another 2 weeks in the body.
It can't be a fungus.
What antiviral(s) could solve this problem then? Any idea?
user09203 has reported success with with Leflunomide (LEF).  

pptjv, I believe you are on the other thread as well, but user09203 posted this about his progress with LEF:

Update
Here is my update

I think I can say the stable condition has definitely improved further..to a condition that is markedly resolving

The transient sensation does appear at times, but it is now significantly lesser in terms of frequency and fainter in intensity

Pretty hard to describe in words. Previously, there has been one major focal point, midway of the shaft on the left. And also the meatus, usually the left. When my condition was "stable", the topical cream didnt give much reaction anymore, but I think it did help to stabilize the condition (frequency of use was about once or twice every 2 wk).

Since I was on oral LEF recently, I did re-use the topical cream (diclofenac voltaren max + egcg + a pinch of ascorbly palmitate). And this time the same cream gave a different major reaction. The left side, midway urthra, and left side of the meatus felt sizzling hot. There was also some sensation on the right wall of the urethra [mid way] and a bit of sensation on the right wall of the meatus. This didnt happen previously. In all, there was inflammation, wasnt that terrible, but it does feel painful if I press those focal points where the reaction occurred

After one week I stopped using the cream but continued on oral LEF. The inflammation subsided and it did feel lighter down there significantly after I stopped the cream.

On week number 5, it seems I hv some itchiness on my right groin. Not sure what caused it ...But it is said side effect of LEF includes skin rash. Tea tee related cream seems to sort out the itchiness. Could also be when CMV is addressed by LEF, your body now starts "seeing" whatever other viral bugs that was previously "hidden " through CMV activity. HPV is very common and there are many types, it could be that, not sure though.

The other "new" thing [week 7] that I felt popping out is the bladder. I dont know if it was because of the lemon balm tea which I took, but there was some sensation there. Again, my hypothesis is that, when CMV is addressed, gradually, your body starts uncovering "stealthy bugs" that have been protected by CMV. Without CMV, it is not exposed and yr body starts addressing it. It could be that there are residual abnormal cells in the bladder, as previously I did have bladder irritation.

At such time, I have taken 2x100mg of itraconazole [oral] and immediately the issue was resolved. I believe that the combo of LEF and Itra did address the remaining hidden dysplastic cells there. After taking itra for 3 days [total 600 mg], I did not feel anymore sensation at all. And I also felt something new.

Previously, I always have felt after urinating, there will be a few drops of urine being 'stuck' at the base, felt like it did not come out totally. Had to force it out by squeezing the base. But now, that sensation is totally gone! I didnt feel that anymore. Could be that there was also some abnormal cells making up a minor plug at the base and that caused such sensation

I am currently pausing the LEF. Because I think it is better [as stated by patent WO 1999045908 A2, claim 9] to take it with orotic acid [aka orotate] supplement [awaiting supply]. I didnt feel any major irritation spike stopping LEF - after all, it has a rather long half life ..about 14 to 20 days

LEF has two activities: antiviral and immune suppressing activities. You dont really want the 2nd activity. That is why in the patent the author suggested taking "pyrimidine" supplement. LEF prevents synthesis of orotic acid [a pyrimidine, precursor to DNA] and that could cause immune suppression. So, orotic acid supplement [such as Magnesium orotate] may be ideal while using LEF

So, my opinion is that LEF + Itraconazole [200mg a day] and orotic might be the best combo. How long one has to take LEF, perhaps 3 months is a minimum . LEF is usually taken at 100mg for 3 days, thereafter 20mg a day. Itra could be a bit hard on the liver for some ppl, so, liver function and kidney function tests should be monitored. I think a minimum of 2 wk is required for itra at 200mg/day. Orotic acid is just a supplement and the dosage is a guess.. it could be excreted in the urine if you have too much of it. I think 1 to 2 g a day of orotate will work.

So, my opinion is that for the chronic issue to be resolved, one has to stop CMV and address the abnormal, dysplastic cells. LEF addressed the CMV and itra could pop any dysplastic cells [or yeast / fungus/ candida, if you believe that]

Depending on how many dysplastic cells one has [the longer chronic irritation history, likely many more dysplastic cells], or if you address the issue using the topical cream, the time needed to resolve the issue may differ.

So, my opition is that the combo of using LEF, Itra and orotic acid will work [as suggested by the patent WO 1999045908 A2]

HPV is very common, but I think the main driver of the issue is actually CMV. Once CMV is stopped, your own immune system may be able to address the resident HPV

From all this, I think we can conclude that the chronic issue is likely viral mediated. A rather broad antiviral agent, like LEF was never tried at all in most cases. Only broad antibacterial and narrow antiviral agents are usually used [eg acyclovir, specific for herpes, viral resistance is not uncommon] I think LEF is somewhat a special agent, because it stops susceptible viruses through inhibition of phosphorylation; there is likely many reactions in the virus, requiring phosphorylation and this means multiple sites of inhibition - not only a single point of inhibition, like acyclovir, and this may explain LEF effectiveness].

This solution may be controversial and unconventional. But i think it will work in non bacterial cases. Remember, only recently in 2014 CMV is found to cause autoimmune disorder [google cmv autoimmune australia]. Previously, nobody could expect such fact to be true...not even your infectious disease specialist. They only follow the book and use 'standard treatment' which they learnt, based only on established facts. But new knowledge will only be adopted in their practice maybe 5-10 years after discovery.

I will still post any significant new update/history for my case.
Thank you for your post!
So it's about LEF and itra?
Strange thing is that l used 400 mg of itra every day for 15 days straight, and nothing helped. So do you think that, in my case, l should only use LEF? (itra didn't give ANY improvements, even in combination with miconazole cream)
Although l don't think l have the same problem as this guy. My only symptom is the red swollen meatus, especially after masturbation. It forms some lips. No itching or pain etc.
pptj,
1.You said in some of your posts, that you have not had any sex for like 1 yr. But, how long have had it  [Cant read all those msgs per se].

2. If you would mind telling the board [if not maybe you can just PM me ] of your sexual history ie like how many [approx] diff person have you had intimate sex [in your entire life ].  This has sth to do with HPV. Ppl say if you have sexual contact with 4 or more diff partner.. then HPV is a definite.  HPV viruse are of many types -- and the wart they cause [shape and size] can also vary

3. Itra is only to address the probable yeast and dysplastic cells. Although itra have shown anticancer activity, it does not address all of the cases ...all of the time.. since dysplastic cells can also have different types

4. Since you tested negative on standard STD test [including urine culture?]; most likely it isnt bacterial

Will respond once you answer. Tk care for now

As a follow up to my earlier comment, i believe that if one takes LEF, it is best to take it with Orotic acid [eg. Magnesium orotate supplement]; 1 cap of 650mg, twice a day may be enough. After a month, I think 1 cap a day is ok.  If one takes LEF, watchout for the side effect: your milage may vary : reported side effect include diarrhea, loss of hair [baldness].  I noted that using LEF -w/o- Magnesium orotate, my nails do not grow somewhat..and it looks like the nail can easily detach itself from your finger ...not literally all of it..just at the tip.. it is still painful. When LEF is taken with Magnesium Orotate, the nails grew ok..and there is no pain ie detachment of the nails

Thats one of my current updates..more later

I have had 3 sexual partners in my life so far. I am having this red meatus problem for more than a year now and l most likely got it from the last girl l had sex with, even if it only took 15 minutes... and just once with her. It must be from her.

I'll try to get LEF within a few weeks. I really hope the GP wants to prescribe me this based on the negative bacteria- and STD-tests... (also got a prostate massage and the liquid was checked, also negative) l did see that it does cost quite a lot of money... (LEF)
Did u get diarrhea from it?

What about the itraconazole? As l stated before, l have used itra for 15 days (morning: 2x200 mg and evening the same dosage) and also smeared miconazole cream on the glans (glands) and meatus twice per day. it didn't improve it all.
So what do u think? It's not worth to get this itra again? It is quite expensive and my meatus remained red. Especially after masturbating my meatus is very swollen and has kind of thick red lips.

Does the LEF online kill the virus? Not heal the skin and get rid off the swollen meatus? Coz l really want to get rid of that! Don't think taking itra again will help something. Already took a high dosage for 2 weeks (and afterwards it stays in your body for another 2 weeks l believe) and nothing changed visually.

Thanks in advance
There seems to be a bug on this website, the link to picture of what it looks like (my meatus) on another forum keeps getting deleted when l post it here... Ugh.
hi pptv,
i saw the pic you posted..the itra most probably have no effect on you...so my guess there is no point in incepreasing the dosage...also you dont have any pain it seems.. just cosmetic look issue... but it could be due to wart related hpv virus. LEF is to target etc unknown viruses..although it does not necessarily work on all viruses..i am not aware if it works on hpv..but it could target other viruses, like cmv..which can accentuate hpv activity (my hypothesis). i know generic LEF source, i will PM you perhaps. since you do not hv pain, issue, likely that your problem is different than mine..and LEF is rather an option i think for your case...but its good to strip off other potential viruses with LEF..so that the probable swelling can be addressed by using........ aldara! ie if your lipsy meatus is due to wart related hpv. aldara is to be used after 2 wk of LEF. Aldara is not a completely 100pct safe thing..small amt of ppl hv major bad side effect with it..but many praised aldara effectiveness. if your lipsy mestus is due to wart related hpv, then upon aldara use..the areas will gradually become angrier ie swollen. not a pleasant thing. then there may be ulceration, throbbing pain, itchiness..exudates etc redness. at the near end stage..necrotic bad tissue addressed by aldara will form pus like material.the cream is said to activate yr immune system to eradicate wart related abnormalities there.. hence the reaction. i read somewhere on the internet..that some ppl with meatus problem go for surgery and cut the meatus..not sure if its true though!

i have minor diarrhea with LEF..but seems to be even less pronounced when using it with MgOrotate
How long have you been using LEF right now?
- did your meatus look like mine? (apart from the other symptoms you might have)
- do you think that this virus is harmful when not killed? That it could lead to prostate, urine bladder or cancer related things/problems in the long run?

I really wonder if the LEF itself could make my meatus look normal again... Would do 'anything' to make it look like normal again. I am worried that if a girl would see it, she wouldn't believe that it is 'nothing' to worry about as all test were negative...

Did you actually do a PCR-test, in which viruses like HPV and or CMV etc. are checked? And were u prescribed LEF based on the results of these tests? Or did you self-prescribe yourself these medicals?
ive been using lef for at least 3 mo now. i am tapering off now ie taking lesser by the day after 3 mo. i have seen substantail changes ..so thats why i have reduce the intake..loke i take 20mg every 2-3 days...instead of 20mg everyday

my mestus does not look like the pic you posted..thus dissimilar to your case on the meatus...althoug at the height of my issue ..it was very irritating on the meatus..though no marked swelling

the actual cause of etc cancer inc bladder and genital regions..is still hypothetical.. it is most likely related to viruses such as hpv. cancer have stages.min the early stage..it is usually clinically silent..no marked symptoms..as years go by..you may experience other medium issues..and it may then progress more.. most cancer is not an overnight thing o..it is a disease that develops over time.. usually spaning five to decades of life

in all of the cancer cases..usually precancer cells will appear first..then it is anyones guess what time it will need to morph into full blown cancer..usually it takes years

so, if there are cancer causing viruses lingering in you..often called oncogenic virus..it could...in due time ..cause the precancer to morph into cancer

i dont knownif lef is necessary for yr case, it is my guess that multiple viruses presence ie not only hpv alone.. is usually needed to start to cause a problem

hpv and cmv test or etc viruses test arent typically done in specialist clinic or in the hospital.. in most countris i guess... eg cmv viral titer is done due to its significance in solid organ transplant

pcr for hpv could be done..but usually clinician dont do it, as the medical community take the assumption that it will disappear within 2years in most cases..also..as hov is very common.. i think they made that assumption

Hey guys, I have finally been cured after 6 months of dealing with the symptoms such as swollen meatus, painful urination, and pain after ejaculation, and weird painful sensations in my groins that everyone seems to share. I know how uncomfortable and how much stress it causes, so I've come back to share how I have been cured in hopes it helps other people.

After trying about 8 different antibiotics, natural remedies, trying to eat 5 cloves of garlic per day, and seeing doctor after doctor with no sign of a cure, I found a doctor in my town who thought I might have prostatitis, but couldn't exactly find a test to prove I had it, after having multiple urine, blood and other tests come back negative. He finally did a prostate exam and I had an extreme amount of pain when he pushed on my prostate. He diagnosed me with acute prostatitis, and I was prescribed with norfloxacin for one month. After about 3-4 days I saw instant results, and by a month it is about 80% cured. Im going to do another month of norfloxacin just to be safe and ensure it is 100% gone.

I'm not sure that this is the cure for everyone, but I know I wish more people who had of been cured would have come back to share their success so we didn't have to suffer that long. Hopefully it helps someone
user888c, what was the dosage of norfloxacin you were taking?

Also, when/how did you symptoms start?

Thanks for coming back and sharing your positive results.
I would like to add to this as I have similar symptoms. Just got retested for everything (standard panel).  I'm more concerned about hsv-2. And will need to wait again for the results. But after reading this for 3 hours and saving several apparent cures.

My experience was just stupid and dumb.  On March 3rd of this year, I fingered, went down on (just using tongue not lots saliva or really eating her out), and then she got on top after sucking on my phalus for a few seconds then got on top and only got half my head in when I came. Also entirely in the dark so didnt see anything...though no nasty taste or fishy stinky odor. It was my first time and I am 28...she's been with 30 something guys. It also freaked me  out when she came out of the bathroom from peeing and said I made her bleed. Can you say cervical inflammation?  Yeah go me.  

So morning after, a mixture I'm sure of anxiety and bacterium, I had yellow watery diarrhea, choking sensation, and gagging. The next day, It tingled on the tip of my penis and and front top half of my tongue. Had yellow all over my tonsils, uvula and tongue...and more diarrhea.

After first test I got 500mg of Azithromycin and Gono shot at the HD.  After side effects wore off I felt good  for two weeks. Then got pain in the testes and burning after I urinate. Then March 29th got rechecked for chlamydia and gono culture...negative. But was given 10 days of doxocycline...it helped.  

Well recently we had a lot of crud going around the office.  I have a bad immune system. Got two stomach bugs and then got a sore throat that looked disgusting and looked viral (strep was negative).  People have said burning tongue, the sore throat is similar to herpes...but with my ****** immune system I would thing that would have happened first. My semen burns my skin now when I masturbate.  My last urine test picked up blood and white blood cells.

I will add my Meatus is swollen and spreads throughout the day.  burning in my scrotum, and just depressed.  

So I am going to see the results, may get tested for trich, then if anything try as many of these cures as I can.

Only question: Anyone have any mouth issues?
I suspect you have viral infection..could be more than 1 type of virus
Pretty sure guys it is a strand of hpv.  I got what I believe are orange like bumps on my throat and near my tonsils.ugh
Avatar n tn
The norflox are likely just providing anti-inflammatory effects for the combo HPV/CMV although that is probably providing great temporary relief. I would take it until 100% then stop and see what happens.

I have been following this thread for quite some time and I think user97203 is right on the money with his thoughts on what may be causing what ails us. It
Avatar n tn
I wonder how rbaker is doing these days?
rbaker, I would also love to know about you :) Are you fine? Have you defeated all your problems? Thank you for all you have done in this forum
Hi John,

I have seen multiple docs, dermatologist, urologists and havent had any help from them. All have prescribed anti-fungals and steriods with no relief. Many have said nothing is wrong with me and the last dermatologist tried to put me on anti-depressants. He claimed that this "pain" is all in my head, but have been dealing with this for a year now.

The redness is at the tip of the penis, more visible to me than the dermatologist. The pain is a chronic pain that hasn't gone away and has really made quality of life miserable.What do you recommend for further treatment?

Thank you all for your help!
I have been dealing with this issue for about a year now...since I first noticed. But It can be that it was there sooner. Luckily for me I dont have much pain and if so that occasionally as other describe. Pinching on red inflated meatus, burning urethra and burning sensation in groin area shooting down left inner leg. All these sensations very mild and occasional, like once a month or so.
What have been working for me as relief is applying Tea Tree body lotion/ hair conditioner on my penis head. I am not circumcised.
Lets just do a quick summary.
1. Most cases here with persistent pain, yet no bacterial agent detected, is likely CAP cases [chronic abacterial prostatitis]
2. Although some thought it is Yeast/candida, this is very unlikely. Current medical test allow you to do a urine culture for candida. Most candida infection is visible by eye - that is why you call it thrush .. vaginal thrush..and oral thrush.  Male thrush might be controversial, but a simple swab of the suspected thrush should be easy enough to confirm yeast/candida.. if the swab did not show any candida/yeast cells under microscope, then what you have is not yeast infection.  
3. Most cases here with chronic pain maybe diagnosed as CAP ..or the doc/Uro will say "its all in your head"
4. Some might also suggest Pudendal Neuralgia.. nerve issue. Although this may be a cause, it is usually due to trauma.  PNE..pudendal nerve entrapment is one of it.  However, most ppl with lingering CAP cases have the issue commence a few days or right after sexual contact [involving oral sex]
5. My impression is the chronic issue, which affected many CAP cases, is due to viral infection..most likely a herpes virus tribe [cmv] plus HPV.  CMV is notoriously known to be shed from the saliva [hot spot is salivary gland].  HPV in itself alone cannot cause any major issue, but when there is herpesviruses like CMV [and EBV]; the issue might get complicated.  This might explain the established fact which says HPV infection is common, and most overcome the virus without any problem.  Within 2 yr, one should be able to clear HPV. However, in the presence of other common viruses like EBV and CMV, there is no study /data to say the resident HPV will not cause any problem
6. Most ppl with CAP have been "treated" with  a number of broad ABX. And the problem did not resolve and this suggest it is not bacterial nature.
However, broad antiviral has never been prescribed, as viral infection is said to be incurable.  Although incurable, the broad antiviral agent should theoretically be able to help, to suppress the herpesvirus[es].
With the suppression of such herpes viruses, the inflammation and chronic issue can be addressed
If the herpesviruses or the offending  virus is not suppressed, then the CAP problem will persist and chronic inflammation/pain/abnormal sensation will linger.  In due time, the inflammation will cause the development of abnormal cells [aka dysplastic cells].  These cells are also called pre-cancer cells.  Cancer do not develop overnight. It takes a few years, and decades of life to morph the pre cancer cells to full blown cancer.  With inflammation, the pre-cancer cells likely take lesser number of years to morph into full blown cancer

I have posted two pics in my profile.  The pics shows the locations where precancer cells can appear.  These abnormal cells have appeared due to prolonged viral activity that induced such cells to form.  The longer inflammation occur, the higher the chance such abnormal cells will appear.

My belief is the spots or location where the pre cancer cells develop causes the abnormal sensation ie numbness, shooting pain etc.  When
the abnormal cells is addressed, then only the pain sensation can go away.

I have used LEF and it does make the [transient] pain substantially minimized. During chronic stage it was like 9/10 to 10/10.  Using ABXs, which is anti inflammatory, does not resolve the issue, and the pain was reduced at best 5-6/10, and can increase to 9/10 if ABX is stopped thereafter.

LEF was the best in terms of reducing the pain, as it is a rather broad antiviral, which can suppress the possible viral agent[s] multiplication.

If one has had the issue for a long time eg a few years, abnormal cells due to viral activity may have developed.  Such scenario requires the use of anti neoplastic agent such as aldara to destroy such the abnormal cells.  It is not a fun business to use aldara as many have reported the gruesome side effects, but the bad cells have to be eradicated for the situation to be resolved completely.  

User 97203
I been following you for about 6 months.
Can you report what is the condition of your meatus  now after using LEF.
How long have you been taking LEF and what dosage and how often?
Do you still have inflamed lips on your meatus?
Here is my update somewhat.  Prior to this, I always believe that many men with CAP like issue likely have abnormal or dysplastic cells with them.  Only thing is what to do with it?  I have used EGCG/5FU cream and it does somewhat cause some reaction.  The EGCG/diclofenac and vitC [ascorbyl palmitate] did also reduced the sensation of pain.  However, there is still some transient pain which randomly occur at times.

The current medical system is at a loss with CAP or CAP like issue, so that they only address the symptoms causing the pain, or they will say its all in your head.
One can read PubMed and see update on CAP, where currently, it is still a mystery to Uro/Docs [google pubmed 26951713].  You might also at times, get a fancy label/name for your mysterious condition, such as "male genital dysaesthesia" where the Uro/Doc would just say you have sth that its incurable.

As for my condition, when I first used [discovered] LEF broad antiviral activity, about 4 mo ago, I have started using it thereafter.  I started with half tab of 20mg [it was first time use : so as to check for drug allergy]

When it was ok, I used 20mg the next day, then 40mg the day thereafter.  AFter that, I used 20mg per day.  Actually based on usual dosage, patients are advised to take  100mg of LEF per day for 3 days ..this is somewhat called "loading phase", to load up the LEF levels to therapeutic
levels.  Thereafter it is 20mg/day to maintain the levels.  LEF has about 14-20 days half life

At the point of taking LEF, my condition was already manageable.  Far better than using ABX or meeting Uros/GP/Derm, who are at a loss as to what they should be doing.  I had only transient pain which appear randomly.  The pain intensity was like 2-3/10 [random sensation in the shaft/glans].  During such time, I was using EGCG/Diclofenac/Ascorbyl Palmitate topical mix, about once a week.

Since discovering LEF, I have stopped the topical mix above.  I I have noted that in the first month of LEF use, there was a substantial / marked reduction in the transient sensation, which occasionally appeared.  This 'leftover' sensation is sth that is not too bothersome, as it is manageable, but seeing that it is getting more 'quiet' down there now with LEF, made me believe that LEF is indeed working as I expected.

With LEF, I could say the strange sensation is rarer and it only have maximum strength of 1/10. I think the leftover sensation is the dysplastic cells; these cells is a result of prolonged viral activity that was left unchecked [by the Uros/GPs who said there is nothing there].

I do not have any marked meatus "lips" or inflammation on the meatus.  So, I cannot comment about such issue.  

However, although no marked inflammation on the meatus, during the chronic stage, the meatus was having sharp/painful  episodes-- there was shooting pain appearing at times in the meatus and the pain conduit somewhat travelled along the shaft to the meatus;.  there was also numbness and irritation, if the glans (glands) rubs my underwear/short; there can also be numb pain in the glans (glands) if I wear a rather tight undergarment.  AFter about 1.5 yr of being neglected by Uro/GP, I have a focal point pain, midway of the shaft.  I believe that focal point is where the dysplastic cells have accumulated [more]. If I stretched my shaft at such position, there is a minor bump, but the Urologist said he sees nothing there.  

Anyway, it is my opinion that LEF worked for me. After about 3 month use, I have resorted to aladra.  I have used aldara once before, about 1.5 yr ago.  There was a marked reaction; and I used it maybe for 1 - 2 wk, and stopped it.  After it healed, I used it again, to see if there is any residual bad cells, that can be detected by aldara.  However, there was no marked skin reaction anymore.  Only I felt unwell on aldara [as expected, due to aldara side effects]

So, abt 1.5 yr ago, I stopped aldara.  I also, occasionally, test again using aldara that I have, still nothing happened.

After I have recently used LEF for about 3 months... I have tested again using aldara [just to see what will happen]

To my surprise, this time, there was another marked skin reaction.

This time, aldara seems to dig the midway part of my shaft, where I felt the focal pain previously.  It is like this time, aldara recognised that section, and was digging that part.  The  other strange thing that I felt is that -- this time I felt aldara was hitting the nail on the conduit of "strange sensation" which I had felt on the meatus / shaft previously.  It may be rather hard to elaborate on this, but it is like when you met a therapist, who gave you a massage.  You had some nagging pain on one part of your body, and it is pretty hard to localise it.  However, a very skillful therapist can find the spot, and although it might be painful when he hit such point, at the same time, you feel something is being unclogged .  You somehow also feel the conduit of pain being exposed, and the relief you got when such location is addressed.  

That was the sensation that I got recently when using aldara.  Now, one might question why only now aldara "see" such problem.  I would say that LEF addressed the virus[es] that was there.  

It is well known that viruses linger in our body, because they secrete toxins to fool our immune system.  This is how they persisted.  When one uses LEF, the titer of the virus[es] is substantially reduced, and so does the toxins it secreted to fool our immune system.

Since aldara relies on our immune system to eradicate bad cells, when the viruses are there, it is pretty hard for aldara to unleash its full potential, as the toxins released by the resident viruses will interfere with aldara's ability to stimulate our immune system to kill the bad cells.

That is why I believe, aldara did not address the focal point previously.  There was also a number of white patches on the glans (glands) [suggesting it was addressing erythroplasia of queyrat like lesion] and also on the mid part of the shaft [could be bowens disease dysplastic cells].  There is also about 5mm part of my coronal sulcus that reacted to aldara.  I could say that one can tell aldara is working -- by "monitoring' the sensation down there.  After about 10 mins to 1 hr, there will be some kind of  "hot" sensation at selected location where aldara detected the bad cells.  The sensation might linger for about 1-2 hr and would dissipate eventually.

FYI I have put a bit of aldara in the urethra, by mixing it with Foban cream.  Aldara is rather potent, and the cream volume too small to introduce into urethra. I had to mix it with something sticky like Foban.  Usually I mix 0.5ml Foban with 1/4 to 1/2 packet of aldara.  I used 1ml disposable syringe and purge the mix into the urethra.  It does work that way.  I did that because I suspected some bad cells could be in the urethra.  AFter all, the midway focal point was in the urethra somewhat.  

Right now, after two aldara sessions, after using LEF, there is a small region of my corona sulcus which is still healing.  I normally used Foban cream to prevent infection.  At the moment, I cannot say for sure the transient feeling have disappeared, as I am waiting for the corona sulcus to heal.  So, I will update somewhat later.  But it felt like the transient abnormal feeling have disappeared.

If anyone want to use LEF, Magnesium Orotate is a must [1 cap 650mg, once or twice a day].  It is obtainable from Swansonvitamins.  LEF blocks the synthesis of orotate in our body, and that can cause some issue.  With orotate supplementation as above, such problem will likely not occur.  I have noted that when I took LEF for the first month without Magnesium Orotate supplementation, I have some issue with my lung. I suspect it was lung inflammation.  It is a known fact that LEF side effects include lung inflammation.  With Mg Orotate, that issue disappeared.

I hope the above helps

I wanted also to share additional info on aldara; if one uses it.  When it gets very bad ie the reactions, one can stop and let it heal.  And could resume treatment after the healing is done.  Aldara intense reaction may require temporary rest, and it means more than 1 session. During aldara use, one could get high fever, and very bad headache.  The headache could also be due to high blood pressure. This was not known to me, but aldara can cause HBP as a side effect.  It is because aldara stimulated yr body to release a lot of immune cells molecules [aka cytokines] that can make you feel very unwell.  If HBP is detected,  I think that is the time to stop aldara treatment and allow healing to take place.  After that a second session could be initiated, to see if there is any leftover bad cells lingering around.   For me, the HBP was relieved by using Hibiscus tea.  It worked like a charm for HBP

Aldara may also cause depression .. because it is known that aldara increases interferon levels in the body, to fight viral infection.  It has been reported that Interferon use for hepatitis c treatment causes the patients to have suicide ideation. Normally it starts with depression, eg having no motivation at all for etc.  However, I did not have suicide ideation I think, only depression like symptoms, which stopped about 2-3 days after stopping aldara

I am giving some update today.

The coronal sulcus (dorsal part of the penis) have healed. After about 2-3 wk its appearance (ie. that skin reaction appeared after about 1-2 wk use of Aldara)

During the healing period, there was an accumulation of yellow slough (it somewhat forms a "cap" on the corona sulcus - size approx 1 cm width and 5mm wide, 3-4mm thickness).  I was a bit worried as to what was underneath that thing, it has a slimy top but hard to remove for debridement..and needs to be washed off occasionaly to remove some slimy materials.  I kept on putting Foban or Gentamicin cream (with occasionally use of Bionect spray) during the healing period to prevent infection.  Had to use saran wrap to prevent it being dried.  Bionect spray can cause dryness though.  

After nearly 2wk, the slough size turned smaller ...about 5mm width, 2.5mm wide and 3mm thickness).  One of the days, I got some morning wood and was playing around abit.. and it fell off..the yellow and relatively hard slough. And revealing a crater (not that big) but blood was dripping from it.  After a few mins, the dripping stopped. After that, applyling the same antibiotics/Bionect spray, the slough disappeared, but a minor plug is still there.  

I can feel some strange sensation when I have an erection occasionally. It could be that there was internal tissue necrosis from aldara rxn killing the bad cells, so that the plumbing (blood supply/tissue repair/nerves) are being repaired still.  So, it is hard to say if all of the bad cells (which I suspect) have been completely removed

The reason why I stopped aldara recently, for the first and 2nd use, is because of the intensity of the rxn.  I think the maximum time of use is only 2 wk.  I cannot fanthom how patients could stand/be advised to use aldara for a continuous 16 wk period (in some cases thats the advice fr clinician).  Maybe it is just me. The unwell feeling is not pleasant, especially the depression/fever.  Perhaps I should have used only 3x a week (alternative days).  Instead of 5x a week (5 days a week continuous usage)

I may use aldara again in 3wk time to see if there is any further reaction. Also, I need to monitor if there is any residual uncomfortable feeling down there.  Thats about the update now. But all in all, I think LEF did work [and also Aldara].  

Aldara has been traditionally used for warts.

There are reports Aldara not being able to work 100% all of the time in cases of warts (See Pubmed 15656812 and 14660271 as examples); where cases may or may not respond to Aldara.

As I explained in the earlier posting(s), this could be due to the presence of other common virus(es). These viruses, although thought to be benign, can secrete various toxins to fool our immune system, so that it can persist in our body. If these viruses are not suppressed, etc therapy used to eradicate warts (eg Aldara), may not work 100%

Such toxins secreted by the virus(es) puts down our immune system (perhaps local immune suppression).

There is a very recent paper in PlosOne (PubMed 24586164), which reports how a very common virus ie EBV (a type of herpesvirus), is able to suppress our immune system ie via inhibition of TLR signalling.  

Importantly, Aldara works by inducing TLR7 signalling. When Aldara is used, TLR7 signalling is activated, and such signalling evoke our immune system to detect and eradicate viruses lingering in our body/cells.  

In the above paper, the authors mentioned that EBV produced a special protein called BPLF1, which can interfere with TLR signalling, by breaking the proteins participating in TLR signalling.  This causes TLR signaling disruption, and thus, may explain why aldara cannot perform its action efficiently all of the time, hence treatment failure in some of the cases.

I am beginning to wonder -- are there many cases of cancers, where various treatments have failed (including chemotherapy), have overlooked the essential role of the common viruses?  The common viruses might secrete various toxins that resulted to the cancer cells to become very tough to kill (the cancer cells become very resistant to cytotoxic effect of chemotherapeutic drugs). It might be important that these common viruses are addressed prior to immunotherapy or chemo treatment, although I would think the former is the best treatment route, rather than the latter, due to toxicity of chemo drugs.  Chemo drugs usually kill bad cells, yet the more sinister effect is that it damages the immune system seriously

Chemo treatment is usually very poisonous and statistics showed that it is usually fatal ie not worth the benefit (survival is not long/not good, yet the treatment cost is very high in terms of side effects and life expectancy)

Here is a summary of the paper *(pubmed 24586164 )

"Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) is a human herpesvirus that persistently infects .90% of adults worldwide. One factor underlying the ability of EBV to establish such widespread and lifelong infections is its capacity to escape elimination by the human immune system. Among the first lines of defense against viral infection is the human Toll-like receptor (TLR) system. These receptors can detect the presence of viruses and initiate an intracellular protein signaling cascade that leads to the expression of immune
response genes.  ..................................................................................
our study provides insight into the way in which EBV can subvert the human immune response, as we show that BPLF1 can remove ubiquitin tags from proteins in the TLR signaling cascade. This inhibits TLR signaling and decreases the expression of immune response genes.
If we want to get our penis checked what type of Doctor should we see? I have the same problem 2weeks my meatus gets stuck at least once a day. I do not discharge though.. My pee is normal. Im getting tested tomorrow, other than that I still would like to see a doctor. But dont know what type of Doctor to go see Tia
Hi, just thought I'd say: please try sugarfree cranberry juice with 2 capfuls of apple cider vinegar, 1 litre every day, to get rid of the fungus
so a CAP is a bottle CAP, like a tea spoon ful.
Viewing 601-646 comments: