Urology Community
Persistent urethritis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Persistent urethritis

I am a 28 year old male. On November 14 I had unprotected sex with a woman I met overseas. On the flight home the next day I experienced a tingling feeling in my penis. Two days later I visited the doctor after experiencing a milky discharge from my penis. I contracted chlamydia once when I was 16 and recognized the symptoms to be similar. I was tested with a urethral swab as well as a urine test. The swab came back as (NGU) and I was treated with 1g of azithromycin orally and sent on my way. Upon urinary testing results (NGU) came back positive for chlamydia a week later and was pronounced as properly treated. (No sexual contact other than masturbation)

December 4th return to doctor with no resolve in symptoms. Retested with swab and positive for (NGU) given 100mg doxycycline orally twice daily for 7 days. Also treated with single dose of 2g of Metronidazole for possible missed trichomoniasis. 1 week later test results come back positive for chlamydia once again. Symptoms slowly subside with treatment of doxy. (No sexual contact other than masturbation)

December 20th symptoms of tingle and discharge return. December 21 return to Doctor urine test and urethral swab test taken. Swab comes back positive for (NGU) once again. This time given 500mg of levofloxacin once daily taken orally. Awaiting results of urine test but still not feeling any relief of symptoms. (Still no sexual contact)

Can anyone explain what is happening here? My doctor is waiting for the results and says that if this test comes back positive that she will refer me to a urologist because she's never seen anything this resistant to such common treatments before. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Need a bit of peace of mind at this point.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank