Urology Community
Peyronie's Desease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Peyronie's Desease

I'm newly diagnosed with Peyronie's disease - I've read that  early action during the initial phases of the disease can be beneficial - any suggestions as to 'best practice' - ?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Peyronie’s disase is a connective tissue disorder involving the growth of fibrous plaques in the soft tissue of the penis. These plaques cause the penis to be bent. The disease starts as a small bump or constriction on the shaft of the penis below the skin and then consequently curving of the erect penis occurs. Treatment is by medicines like vitamin E, colchicines, Verapamil or Potoba and surgical intervention which is the definitive treatment. I sincerely suggest you to consult a urologist and discuss these treatment options.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Dear Dr Singh,
thank you - i've seen  Urologist but not an expert in Peyronies - I was hoping someone could help with best case practice for treatment of PD in its formative stages.
Regards.
NSEW