Urology Community
Phosphaturia scare

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Phosphaturia scare

Hello, I'm a 23 year old male living in Japan.
A pair of months ago now I started noticing my urine was sometimes cloudy.
After that came symptoms of a UTI, at that time I took some antibiotics and such, and my symptoms disappeared, except the cloudy urine.
I wen 2 weeks ago to take me a Uralisis and it showed the cloudiness came from amorphous phosphates, and the doctor told me it was nothing, and that it was probably my diet.
I drink a lot of coke and milk, so I cut all my coke and milk ingestion, and for the first week it seemed to be working, but now the cloudiness returned.

I know I am a hypocondriac, just last year I had panic attacks about a possible embolism going on, so that's why I'm writing, I don't wanna go to the doctor if I really don't have anything, but at the same time I fear it could be symptom of a radiation induced parathyroid cancer or thyroid cancer.

I saw me on the mirror and did a test while swallowing, and it appears like is bigger on one side, but once again I have no idea how it should look like, and because of my hypocondria I've been feeling strange in my neck and throat since the moment the idea of a cancer crossed my mind, so I can really rely on that.

Please tell me if I have any reason to be worried, or I should just deal with my hypochondria.
Hi there!

Amorphous phosphates in urine could be related to diet and/ or urinary tract infections. With adequate diet modification and treatment of infection, this should not be anything to worry about. Fear of cancer is uninvited in such a situation.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Thanks for your reply.

I've modified many times my diet now, and even thou some times the cloudiness doesn't appear for about a week, it never really had stopped, and also, recently it has been almost daily, and some times many times on one day.

What worries me is that until some moths ago I've never had this kind of problem, and now is constant, even thou I think that my diet didn't changed or anything.

Should I take a blood test or something to rule out any other possibility?