Urology Expert Forum
Pimple Like Bumps on Penis Head
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pimple Like Bumps on Penis Head

I have a question, I had two little gential (genital) warts by my vagina and had them removed in September of 2002. Also I have never had an abnormal pap and tested negative for HPV.  Just recently on my boyfriend I had noticed say since about August of 2004 small little pimple like bumps on his penis head.  They look nothing like what I have seen in pictures or what I had on myself.  Sometimes they look and feel worse then other times.  They seem to come and go a little bit away at times.  They sort of look like little pimples that are some times smooth and some times they are rough.  Also there sometimes seem to be more and then sometimes there seems to be less. After sex the also seem to look irritated, more red than normal.  They are sometimes also very dry and flaky. I was just wondering what if this could be genital warts that he got from me two years later.  Please help.
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
Difficult to say without evaluation.

However, genital warts are certainly a possibility.  Normally, they can be diagnosed by examination.  One consideration would be the application of 5% acetic acid, which can turn the warts white if they are indeed genital warts.  If the diagnosis is still in question, one can consider a biopsy.

If warts are the diagnosis, treatment would include medications like podophyllin or cryotherapy.  

These options can be dicussed with your personal physician or in conjunction with a dermatologist or your gynecologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank