Urology Expert Forum
Please help

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Please help

Hi there I  went to see my doctor because I have had lower right back pain for awhile, in July I had a Hysto- because I had Endometrosis and the pain in my lower right back has never really left and he suggested to check my urine well sure enough I had a bladder infection, treated me the 14 days with a Sulpher antibotic (antibiotic) went back and nothing the infection still present so he put me on levaquin 500 mg for 14 days went back and still have an infection please help if this has happened to anyone or any suggestions and GOD BLESS
There is always the possibility that the bacteria is resistant to the antibiotics that were prescribed.  

Normally when a urine sample is obtained, it is sent for culture and the bacteria's sensitivity to various antibiotics are tested for.  This can ensure that the bacteria isn't resistant to the antibiotics that were given.

If the symptoms continue, I would consider a referral to a urologist.  An ultrasound of the kidneys can be considered if you are having pain in the kidney area.  

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
0
0