Urology Community
Possible Urinary Tract Infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Possible Urinary Tract Infection

Hey guys, had a question i was hoping i could get some feedback with. For the past few days i have had this stinging pain towards the end of my penis when i am close to finishing urinating. The first day it was somewhat intense and painful. I looked to see if there was anything odd on the head of my penis around the opening. Nothing there, everything looks as it should which i then realized was internal. The pain is located towards the end but not quite where the opening is. The following days it the pain wasnt as bad but still there. Today was pretty intense possibly worse then the first time. The odd thing is it dosent happen every time I urinate. It usually happens when i hold it for an extended time or really have to go. Im thinking this is a Urinary Tract infection. Thanks for reading guys and i really hope someone can get back to me and give me some advice ask some questions or give me some feedback. I am a little worried so i hope you can help.
Welcome to the forum!
Entirely based on your symptoms there are two main possibilities that you should look at. One is a small stone that is blocking your urethra. When it moves it relieves the pain. When it gets stuck, it causes pain.
The second possibility is inflammation or infection of prostate gland called prostatitis. It is difficult to comment beyond this on net. Please consult an urologist.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!