Urology Expert Forum
Possible damage to penis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Possible damage to penis

I'm a 25 years old and about two years ago I stupidly began a jelqing exercise routine to increase girth.  I'm worried I may have damaged my penis during the process, because i have been experiencing very weak erections ever since.  I also masturbate daily, which I always thought was normal, but maybe was to vigoruos and also caused damage to my penis or worsened it. I can achieve an erection anytime with stimulation, but it is very weak and it goes away imediatetly if I stop.  My penis used to stand straight up when i had an erection and it also doesnt have that throbbing feeling anymore like when its completly engorged. Basically it doesn't stand up on it's own anymore. Also I haven't had a morning erection in in over 8 months, but i can achieve a weak erection when i masturbate.  I thought maybe i don't get morning erections because of frequent masturbation.  I have no discoloration, or pain.  I don't have performance anxiety, but i still get weak erections with my partner.  It's obvious that maybe i have been a little too rough with the little guy.  My question is what can i do to reverse some of the damage and do you think i permanently damaged it.  Also do you think it's normal that i don't get morning erections anymore at my age.  Should i masturbate less frequently. And at what point do i want to go see a urologist. Are there any natural remedies, supplements, etc.  I guess i'm just worried the problem will keep getting worse.  

As regards morning erections, these are related to REM sleep (rapid eye movement sleep), one of the stages of sleep. If you awaken in REM sleep, then you may well have and erection, but if you awaken in other stages, then you will not. So, not having morning erections may of may not matter. Awaken at differing times and see what you find or ask your bedmate if they are aware of nocturnal erections.
There are several possible issues with your erections. Anxiety is one, but so is your refractory period (time between erections, which changes with age), level of sexual excitement. Then there is the issue of physical injury.
Try masturbating less, stop jelqing and give things a few months to change. If you continue having problems, then seek the care of a urologist.
Good luck!
S.A.Liroff, M.D.