Urology Community
Post Rectocele Symtpoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Post Rectocele Symtpoms

I had a rectocele repair (level 3) 9 weeks ago.  I struggled with infections following the surgery.  In fact, what led me to my urogynocologist before my recotcele diagnosis was a terrible foul vaginal odor.  She put me on antibiotics for it prior to surgery, but recommended the repair in addition.  I had the same odor after surgery, so I stayed on antibiotics for some time.  She treated me for a bladder infection as well.  I'm in PT because I'm having urinary incontinence issues following surgery.  The PT has been very effective, but now, I'm having bowel urgency and leakage from my anus.  I have always had very regular bowel movements and even had success moving my bowels just after surgery.  Now, I have strong urges to have a bm, and it comes out in small balls, and I can't seem to empty in one sitting.  I'll clean and stand and leave the bathroom, then turn right around again to have another bm.  The anal leakage happens several times a week.  Unfortunately, I can't get in to see my surgeon for another 4 weeks.  Should I try to seek the opinion of another Urogynocologist?