Urology Community
Post Varicocele Repair Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post Varicocele Repair Pain

About 5 months ago I had a subinguinal varicocele ligation surgery performed on me to get rid of my left sided varicocele. I had not been in pain before the surgery the only issue was constant discomfort. Surgery went well and 4 days after the surgery I got an erection and maintained it for about 20 minutes. This gave me discomfort in my scrotum. Later that night I thought it would relieve the discomfort to masterbate, therefore I did so. After ejaculation it became sore and painful down in my scrotum. Now like I said I didn't have pain before my surgery so this concerned me. The pain and soreness slowly went away but not completely. I then ejaculated several days later. I had to go to the urgent care later that day because my scrotum had swollen up and it hurt to walk. I was prescribed more pain medication and diclofenac for inflammation. I went back to my urologist a month later and he suggested just taking ibuprofen and it should go away eventually and that it is too early to consider it a varicocele reoccurance. I took his advice, but still everytime I masterbated something in my scrotum would begin hurting a few minutes after and stay until I slept and woke up the next morning. I stopped masterbating (masturbating) for two weeks and the pain wasn't as bad but it got to a point where it wouldn't feel any better. I visited my urologist again and he recommended a varicocele embolization by a radiological interventionalist. I had that operation performed and there was literally no change in the pain or soreness I had been feeling. I recently went back to my urologist and explained everything to him and he said we might be looking at an unrelated issue. So I mentioned I had epididymitis before. My epididymitis never hurt me and was actually detected in an unrelated urine test (about a year before). He said he doubts its an infection but put me on a 21 day run of doxycycline 100mg just in case. He also wanted me to have another ultrasound done 2 weeks from the day I was in. I'm about 1 and 1/2 weeks since I started antibiotics and I don't think its making a difference and I also stopped masterbating (masturbating) even before the last appointment. But I still feel the pain and soreness. My testicle is very tender and painful to the touch in one area of it which seems to be the epididymis. This is 5 months after surgery and I feel like I'm getting nowhere! This problem is ruining my life and causing me to be depressed all the time because I can always feel it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Tags: Varicocele, Varicocele Repair, Pain, soreness, swollen, surgery, post, varicocele ligation
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank