Urology Community
Post Vasectomy Scar Tissue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Post Vasectomy Scar Tissue

I realize that the scar tissue on the upper end of the vas tube after a vasectomy can be painful.  Mine sometimes is based on activity, and I had my vasectomy 9 months ago.  Is this pain something I should expect forever, or does it just take a long time to heal?  Is it normal for the pain from scar tissue to take a year or more to go away?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
There’s something known as post-vasectomy pain syndrome. This could be due to a marked increase in the pressure within the vas deferens, inflammation and fibrosis of the vas as a result of the surgery, escapade of the sperms from the vas and resulting in sperm granulomas, entrapment of one of the nerves by the entrapped fibrous tissue which causes the pain and this increases with any activity like erection & ejaculation. You should consult a surgeon and seek an opinion regarding the exact cause of the underlying pain as the treatment will depend on the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.