Post bladder polyp removal
Hi, 12 days ago I had a polyp removed, and was told it was the lowest grade form of cancer.  Before the removal, I had no pain what so ever when urinating.  After the removal, I have been in pain, with burning, and it almost feels like there was damage.  The doctor took a urine sample after 3 days after the removal to see if I had an infection. The culture came back negative, yet he put me on antibiotics.  It's been 4 days on the med, still I feel awful.  He didn't seem overly concerned, plus, he did not give me much information about this type of low grade cancer. He said come back in 3 months for year so we can check see if any more polyps are there.  I am very upset about this pain when I urinate, I just want to know if this is normal. And do cultures come back negative if indeed you have an infection.  I feel like he damaged me inside.  Thanks.
You had what is called a "bladder tumor." It might have been described as a polyp but polyps are generally benign and bladder timors are not.

They're fairly slow-growing and usually present themselves early enough so they can be removed before they cause serious problems. (Usually blood in the urine).

The tumor was most likely removed with a procedure called a cystoscopy. This entails putting a solid metal pipe through your urethra so they could see indide your bladder. This procedure causes stretching of the urethra so it's not unusual to have some burning for a while afterwards. Antibiotics aren't going to help if the cultures were negative although they might prevent a future infection.

Keep drinking plenty of fluids (more than yuo usually would) and it should start subsiding in a few days.