Post kidney infection & UTI
I'm a 17 year old sexually active female. In mid November 2012, I started to have pain on my right abdomen when I pressed in. I went to the ER- they took blood & urine. They found significant factors that indicated I had a kidney infection and urinary tract infection. They sent me home that day with a prescription for Bactrim (antibiotic) for 10 days. I took 2 pills per day for that time as prescribed. It is now over a month later and I still have symptoms of a UTI. I have urges to urinate when I really do not have to and foul smelling urine. Suggestions of what may have went wrong?
How are you? What other symptoms are present?  It is possible that there was recurrence of the infection or there was  antibiotic resistance with the initial treatment. However, for proper diagnosis, it is best that you have this checked by your attending physician for proper evaluation. Imaging studies and urine culture and sensitivity testing may also be done. Take care and do keep us posted.