Postoperative bladder spasms in children
What percentage of children suffer from bladder spasms after ureteral re-implantation. When my daughter was operated, the anesthetist told us about 10% though the nurses said that most kids do suffer from them at some stage.
Our story with postoperative bladder spasms can be found at http://ureteralreimplant.wordpress.com/
How are you? How is your daughter? I'm sorry to hear about the pain she went through at such an early age. Bladder spasms are a contraction in the bladder wall caused by any of the following: healing of the bladder wall incision, catheter irritating the wall of the bladder, kinked or blocked catheter (urine not able to drain out of the bladder) or
constipation. I agree that there is little information on what percentage suffer from bladder spasm after ureteral re-implantation. It is just stated that bladder spasm do happen in  operation with increased risk in the use of catheter. Depending on the number of children operated on, this could affect the percentage of children with this manifestation.

Take care and keep us posted.
Thank you for your response.

My daughter is recovering well. It took a while though. Bladder spasms didn't totally go away until stents were removed 6 weeks after the operation though they diminished in frequency and intensity as time went by.

Our anesthetist said that in her age group about 10% kids had bladder spasms though the nurses said all kids do.

I'm still updating my blog http://ureteralreimplant.wordpress.com/ on this topic as my daughter recovers. I would have loved to read someone's story when we were going through the ordeal. So I hope I'm helping someone.

Side effects of ureteral-reimplantation surgery: bladder spasms
It's good to hear your daughter is recovering well. Your blog as well as your hard work in your quest in bladder spasm information is really inspiring and laudable. It would really help a lot of parents who have went through the same pains as you. It's really hard for mothers like us to see our children suffer so much in their sickness. More power to you and God bless!

Take care and kisses to your daughter.
Hi.  My 4yr old son has recently started this pattern of desperately needing to go to the bathroom.  In just a 9hr period he went 7 times.  He doesnt really drink that much either.  I am slightly concerned.  He had to have his appendix out in Sept 2011 at the age of 3.  Is it possible that this is some how related to the surgery or is there something else to be concerned about?