Urology Expert Forum
Precutaneous nephrostomy

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Precutaneous nephrostomy

Posted By JR on December 09, 1998 at 01:39:28:

Since 1977, I have had a history of 18 stones and numerous Prostate infections. Back in March of 98 I had ESWL to crush a 10mm stone. The stone was crushed but would not exit the kidney. After many prostate and kidney infections, the Dr. decided to do the nephrostomy. On August 17&18 it was performed, the stones were removed. However during the surgery I received 2nd degree burns inside and outside at the nephrostomy site. I had about an 8 x 11 section of my side covered in huge blisters. No one will tell me how it happened. The Operating Room Nurses think it was a saline warmer that malfunctioned. It looks like someone poured battery acid on my skin. After many weeks of free skin care and Duoderm patches at the hospital my outside has finally healed. I am still having infections and pain in my kidney. I am very fatigued at just a short walk or ride in a car. At times my kidney feels like it is being squeezed to the point of nausea. . I am in the process of changing Urologist, however I have to wait 3 weeks to see the new doctor. I am out of work, please offer some advice.