Prominent veins all over scrotum and shaft of penis.
22 year old male non-smoker and in good shape. For over a year now my scrotum has been red and usually moist/sweaty even in cold climates. Recently the problems got much worse when all the veins on my scrotum became permanently red or purple. Not just the one's shown in this picture, but all over my scrotum are red veins. The skin on my scrotum has also changed dramatically. The scrotum itself hangs a lot lower than usual and when it does happen to be cold and pulled up to the body, it is very rough feeling. I've been tested for all STI's as well as had a platelet count and all is normal. I do not have a history of using cortisone creams in the area. This seems to be getting worse and worse as it has now spread onto the shaft of my penis and those veins are very prominent when erect. I'm not talking about the usual ones which have always been prominent but all these subcutaneous veins show up. I really hope someone can help me figure this out, it's tough to not get depressed over it. Here is a link to a picture of it http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h448/Shallaster15/photo5.jpg
Unfortunately the picture could not be opened but from the symptoms the possibility of varicose veins and varicocele need to be ruled out. Varicocele is an abnormal enlargement and widening of the veins draining the scrotum and testicles. it presents as a bag or worms. It presents as enlarged twisted veins of the scrotum and a physical examination can help in clarifying the diagnosis. Please get it examined from a urologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thanks for getting back to me. I should have mentioned that I did get checked for varicoceles and they were ruled out. This condition seems to be some sort of superficial phlebitis which only affects the smaller subcutaneous veins. You can actually trace the inflammed veins almost up to my hips it has gotten so bad.