Urology Expert Forum
Prostate Area pain

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Prostate Area pain

Hello, here in the past week or so I have had some pain down in the right testical and right area of the prostate. I'm 25 years old and have not been sexually active for over 2 years now. The symptoms I have been having is trouble starting my urine flow sometimes my urine will turn directions. I have to urine pretty freakenly and sometimes it doesn't feel like its completely empty. Its a totally bad area to have any pain. Now I have been to the doctors and here is a few of the tests he ran. A pee test and told me that I do not have a urinary tract infection. A swove simple of pee to send away to see if there was any infections. I still haven't got that back yet. He full digital rectum check and he said that my prostate is a little swollen. The thing is that I have had some problems starting my pee for about a year or so. Also I had a rectum check about 2 years ago and that doctor said it was a little swollen to but I have never had pain in that general area. I have heard so many times that this could be Prostitis. The doctor put me on Doxcycline 100mg for a week. Right now the pain isn't super bad. Could this be Prostitis? Please help. Doctor said at my age there is no way it could be Prostate cancer. One more thing I have not been to see a urology yet. Thanks.
Prostatitis is possible.  You can consider a transrectal ultrasound to image the prostate.  Prostate cancer would be extremely unlikely at 25 years old.  You can consider a PSA to further evaluate this possibility.

If the testicals are tender, you can consider imaging them with an ultrasound to exclude the possibility of infection, a mass, or cancer.  

These options can be discussed with your urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
0
0
0