Urology Community
Prostate Leak?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Prostate Leak?

Hi, In college I noticed I  had prostatitis and sometimes to releive it, I have to massage it, or masturbate and stimulate it for some releif.  Usually after ejaculation, I feel good and releived.  But my breathing gets real weird,  cold, deep, almost like breathing out of lung into stomach.   Then a couple days later feel real  empty and depressed,  obsess and unable to control thinking, eat a lot and feel like depth perception is out of wack.   Also have this tender soreness in the left side of my chest that is heartburn but also goes down the left side of my body to my prostate.   Last March, I had this incident during sex where it felt like the tip of my penis , underneath my navel, and between balls and anus had a nerve rupture.    It was very painful and felt nerve sensations like pins and needles stick.   After that incident had breathing problem(cold), the chills, horrible reflux,  itching all over, and a twitch in that area like a nerve or muscle came loose and has dislocated.    In subsequent days I experienced these symptoms until I stopped sleeping on my stomach and slept only on my back.   Now I have strange sensations in that area all the time,  the same symptoms as above daily, some loss of sensation in above penis and under balls.   Almost like a band snapped or something underneath and something came loose.    Whenever I lean back in a chair or put pressure on that area, like sleeping on it at night, I start to itch, and get this twitch and breathing gets kind of deep and cold usually ends with a headache.   Went to Urologist and said have prostatis and epidimitis.    I had a pelvic ultrasound and CT a while back that found nothing.  Any ideas?  
Can your prostate leak?  Can releiving it cause breathing problems?  Thanks.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Was a urinalysis and culture of prostate secretions done ?

How were your prostatitis and epididymitis diagnosed?

Was a scrotal or testicular ultrasound done?

Were you given a course of medications?

Your symptoms appear to be nonspecific. I say this because an underlying infection especially with a prostatitis may present with severe pain in the groin as well as fever, pain in urination and ejaculation.Epididymitis may present similarly as both are infections and are usually acute in onset.Although chronic prostatitis may present with less severe symptoms a culture of your prostate secretion should show bacteria to denote an infection.

Some prostatitis (chemical prostatitis) may be due to an intraprostatic reflux of urine causing inflammation and pain without presence of bacteria. Congestive prostatitis may be experienced due to infrequent prostatic drainage that may usually be relieved by ejaculation.

I suggest that you continue to observe your symptoms. If this is a case of prostatitis you may need some oral medications.Ther seems to be no underlying structural abnormalities based on your scan.If symptoms persist get a neurologist's opinion.

A urinalysis which found nothing.   Visual and feeling exam found both prostatitis and epidimitis.   I think testicular ultrasound.  I did 30 days on Levaquim.   I saw a neurologist last week and he said he couldn't find anything if CT and MRI didn't find any obstruction, etc.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn

In the absence of bacteria in urinalysis and urine culture but in the presence of persistent symptoms in the groin area such as pain, tingling and burning sensation, I suggest that you discuss with your physician the probability that this is chronic prostatitis or prostatodynia. Prostatitis is a complex condition and may be part of a spectrum of disease wherein it may present as an acute infection or a chronic disease condition. Chronic prostatitis may show bacterial growth but symptoms may not necessarily be as painful and as discomforting as the acute form.
That is what he said.  Prostatitis.   But I think this goes deeper.   I am talking about something abnormal.   Remember I had an incident where I feel really strongly that something ripped, tore or dislocated(most probable) down there.  I can't sleep on my stomach without getting that bursting sensation like something is coming loose or opening up, then I get the itching and then twitch, breathing that goes kind of cold and deep and a mental status change and headache.  The only thing that I have found that resembles this is Uremia.   Often present with Hernia Umbilical, which I had.    All these symptoms are a dead ringer for Uremia.   Or how about a cyst or structure of something my body can't get rid of?  Or seminal vesicle rupture or something like semen refluxing inward from some busted structure.  It was very painful the night this happened and all the symptoms that happened after?  The twitch happens between testacles and anus and also above penis and under belly button every time I put pressure or lean back on this area.   Feels like something is tearing and get those symptoms.   I see urologist tommorrow.  
Still very concerned.  Am now 3 weeks on Elavil prescribed from my main (2nd)doctor.   I am afraid I am being overmedicated and wasting time instead of trying to solve my problem.   Mood is a little lighter, but symptoms persist.