Urology Community
Prostate enlarged

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Prostate enlarged

Hi there

I am 28 male normal weight  .I had ultrasound of my Prostate and the report says it weighs 30 gms.Can anyone please shed some light on it as the report tells the Prostate is slightly enlarged Thanks
Hi there!

The normal prostate weight is around 11 gms and increase calculated weight could occur secondary to enlargement due to benign or malignant causes. Though in the absence of specific lesions, this is more likely to be a benign causes; a detailed evaluation/ further testing may be required to rule out the possibility of a malignancy and depending on the cause identified, a management plan can be drafted accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hi there!

Hope this is helpful.

Take care!