Urology Community
Prostatisis I think??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Prostatisis I think??

I have been experienceing lower back pain in the flanks, bladder pain, pain in the groin and testicles. I was also having to urinate all the time. I went to my doctor and he gave me a Digital exam and told me that it could not be prostatisis because it did not hurt when he did it. He did say that for 33 my prostate seemed a bit large. He gave me 7 days of Levaquin and sent me on my way incase it was something else.
I was feeling better while on the antibiotics , but shortly after stopping I have been getting the back pain and groin pain in the lymph nodes. Although my need to urinate all the time has not come back.
Should I get a second opinion? I really makes me worried when I am sure something is wrong but dont know what??

If the problem has been going on for quite a while, then the prostatitis may already be chronic. The one week course may be enough to clear a newly acquired infection. These cases tend to have more severe symptoms and may even have fever. Longer courses of antibiotics would be needed (and this may mean a function of weeks to months) if the infection has been around for a while (since the antibiotics do not readily enter the prostate in these cases; the acute cases with sever symptoms would have more prostate swelling, and the swelling actually makes the prostate more permeable to the antibiotics and hence the short course of the medications would work).
It would be best to see your doctor again, and discuss further treatment. A second opinion wouldn’t hurt.
Stay positive.
Thanks, I do beleive it has been going on for a long time. I can remember feeleing some pain in the pelvic floor probly about 2 years ago, but never really thought alot about it because it was just a feeling of heavyness and it went away. I just remember think "WOW that does not feel right, but it went away and never thought about it again until last month when I could not stop peeing.
I think I am just going to go to a urologist and skip my family doctor