Urology Community
Prostatitis or STD?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prostatitis or STD?

About a month ago I began having symptoms of Prostatis several days after receiving oral sex from a girl.  I have had the same exact symptoms twice in the past after a sexual encounter, every time I became very nervous afterward (I cheated and got nervous about std's clamydia (chlamydia)/gonorhea).  I was actually broke up with my girlfriend this time but got back together shortly after I received the oral sex and are still together. We had unprotected sex before I started having the symptoms. After the symptoms began I told her about the prostatitis but not the oral sex... don't want to tell her. My symptoms are pain/pressure in the perinium, burning after urinating and some redness/pain on end of penis when I have the burning, intermittent pain in right testicle, general dull intermittent pain in the pelvis low/back, dribbling after urinating and frequent/urgent need to urinate. Sometimes I have had pain in the testicles after ejaculation. I have had no penile discharge but sometimes after urinating or a bowel movement especially I get a white/cloudy last few drops of urine (I have to push/squeeze a lot to get this. The symptoms have seemed to be worse when I am experiencing anxiety even during treatment. I went to the doctor about a week after the oral sex and was tested for Clamydia (chlamydia) and Gonorhea, and a UTI (all were urine tests).  All tests were negative. I talked to the girl who gave me the oral sex and she got tested by throat swab for clamydia (chlamydia) and gonorhea and was negative (so she says... I mostly trust her). I was given Levaquin 500mg for a month by my doctor... also saw the urologist 2 weeks later. Both doctors said they don't think it is a STD... but not for sure. I was also given paxil and xanex for anxiety. My girlfriend and I did not have sex  for a couple weeks and started again about a week ago.  I was still on the antibiotic but am now off it.  I recently started to have the symptoms again the day before I quit taking the levaquin... but have been worrying about it again.  The symptoms are terrible when I am nervous but almost none when I'm not.  I have done a lot of research online about non-bacterial prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome and my symptoms seem to fit it exactly but I am still very nervous about this.  Could this be Clamydia (chlamydia) or Gonorhea?  How many days should I wait after I quit taking the levaquin to be retested for clamydia (chlamydia)/gonorhea to ease my mind.