Prostatitis possibly?
I am 21 years old. For about a month have been experiencing mild symptoms of prostatitis it seems. Irritated and over sensitive head of penis, burning while urinating and occasional redness around tip of penis as well as some mild testicular pain. The symptoms come and go. I have been tested for urine tested for bacteria as well as chlamydia and gonorrhea and all tests were negative. I am currently taking cipro for 30 days, prescribed by a urologist who told me he was not sure what it was but possibly prostatitis. I have not seen any real improvement in my symptoms now about two weeks into treatment. I am worried it may be something really terrible like herpes, although i understand my symptoms are not consistent with that. Trying to figure out what the problem is, someone please help.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, trauma, erosions/ ulcers, calculi, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest continuing with the antibiotic for another week before seeking a review with your treating urologist to consider other possibilities.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!