Urology Community
Prostatitis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prostatitis

I wanted to run this by folks on the forum to see what they think. I had symptoms I at the time described as mild UTI, tingling, mild itching of penis, some redness on head of penis. Redness abated in 2-3 days, but tingling intensified, mild, dull ache progressed in groin. Tingling felt like a cell phone vibration, I reached for my phone several times in my pocket!  No pain during urination and normal sexual function without pain, although the skin of the penis did feel "stretched" a bit when erect, not painful, but not right either. Then I had small amount of cloudy, thick discharge when making bowel movement, so I went to the doc. He checked prostate, diagnosed prostatitis, took urine sample, proscribed 10 days of Cipro. Symptoms abated during Cipro treatment to almost completely gone. I never heard back from urine sample, assumed "no news is good news" in terms of anything more serious. The thing is, I had two mild recurrences of the symptoms since I ended Cipro treatment, the first about a month later, the second very mild.
My question, does this description seem to match others' experience with Prostatitis, or does it ring a bell for anything else to folks?