Urology Community
Prostatitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Prostatitis

I wanted to run this by folks on the forum to see what they think. I had symptoms I at the time described as mild UTI, tingling, mild itching of penis, some redness on head of penis. Redness abated in 2-3 days, but tingling intensified, mild, dull ache progressed in groin. Tingling felt like a cell phone vibration, I reached for my phone several times in my pocket!  No pain during urination and normal sexual function without pain, although the skin of the penis did feel "stretched" a bit when erect, not painful, but not right either. Then I had small amount of cloudy, thick discharge when making bowel movement, so I went to the doc. He checked prostate, diagnosed prostatitis, took urine sample, proscribed 10 days of Cipro. Symptoms abated during Cipro treatment to almost completely gone. I never heard back from urine sample, assumed "no news is good news" in terms of anything more serious. The thing is, I had two mild recurrences of the symptoms since I ended Cipro treatment, the first about a month later, the second very mild.
My question, does this description seem to match others' experience with Prostatitis, or does it ring a bell for anything else to folks?
were you diagnosed with chlamydia or ghonorreah?? i have personally experienced the dullness and the redness (inflamation (inflammation)) of the tip (the end of the urethra).

prostatitis symptoms seem to come and go. and stress can be a determining facor. make sure to contact your doctor/urologist and make sure that he informs you on what exact level of prostatitis this is. doctors can be bums sometimes, so please be aggressive.
thanks werther, no diagnosis of chlamydia or ghonorreah. I know cipro should have knocked out ghonorreah [unless resistant strain] but not the chlamydia. Thing is whatever it was responded really well to cipro, I was surprised by the two mild "flare ups" which to me said the MDs diagnosis of prostatitis was on the mark. Still concerned something else is lurking though, would like to get a more broad spectrum antibiotic treatment.