Protein In Urine
My son is 19 years old and for the last 5 years my son has had to get a physical so he can play football.  Every year like clock work there was protein and some blood in his urine.  Four years ago is protein level was at 300.  Now its at 2000.  About a years ago it was 2000 and our family doctor asked me to take my son to a Urologist.  The urologist ran several years and was not sure why we were referrred.  The urologist basically gave my son a clean bill of health.  Today my son went for his physical and once again the protein level is 2000.  Our family doctor wants to run a bunch of test again.   I don't know what to do.  We have already taken my son to a specialist.  Can you advised me what to do.  My mind is running crazy wondering if he has some kind of kidney issue.

Thank you

A concerned mother.
I hope this helps, my son is 17 years old will be 18 next month..I have taken him to his primary found protein in urine..I then took him to Urologist and had many blood work, urine test and ultrasound on kidney and bladder referred by the Urologist.. All came back normal except the urine. The Urologist advice me to take my son to a Nephrology a Pediatric..they handle better cases in regards to concerns with the urine..I will be seeing this doctor tomorrow the 04/21/10. I will keep you posted..
I am not a doctor but my advice to you from one mother to another is to look for a Nephrology in your area..and also get an  ultrasound on both Kidney and Bladder..

Widalys
I forgot to mention to you since my son is still 17 he is consider a minor to some doctors that is why I am going to see a Pediatric Nephrology. Found out if your son needs to see a Pediatric or will be consider an adult if that is the case then look for a Nephrology...

Good Luck and keep me posted as I will keep you posted..