Protein and Ketones found in urine
I have had persistent UTI's since I was small. They first started when I was about six or seven years of age, and gradually became more severe. When I was fifteen I was hospitalized because a kidney infection had turned septic. Since then, I have been afraid that happening again, as a careless parent did not bother to take me back for follow-ups and cursed my doctor out for not giving me antibiotics for a virus. I am seventeen now, nearly eighteen, and several months ago I went to the doctor for back pain that eventually faded. He told me my urine was clean and there was no bacteria, which was perplexing because I knew I wasn't making up the pain. Just today I visited an urgent care clinic and a new doctor said I was also clean, but there was ketones and protein in my urine. He asked if I had eaten recently, and I agree I didn't eat much today, but he was surprisingly quiet. I don't think he was even sure.
He referred me to a urologist, and as I sit here my back is aching on my sides and up my spine. I am worried, quite honestly.
I always have tried to eat healthy since I had a bit of an excess of weight on me when I was younger. I eat a good deal of protein, if that could be a contributing factor. Eggs are a main staple. I eat plenty of grains, but apparently not enough according to the doc. I take in about 1900 calories a day which is good for my size. I have a problem with temperature regulation and don't realize when I'm overheated, therefore never feel dehydrated, but I force myself to drink at least three bottles of water a day. I'm sure this isn't enough and I need more than that.

I was thinking of investing in a jug or two of orange juice and cranberry juice, even though this doctor told me it was a myth, but the other five have recommended it.
I know that the ketones are probably from not enough carbohydrates, but the protein worries me. I don't know if it is recurring or what, but we did walk a good bit around the amusement parks here in Florida this past week. Plus I don't sit down much at work. I am a healthy person for the most part, I have a less-than-par immune system but I do exercise, though not recently.

If anyone can offer me some advice or help, it would be greatly appreciated. My fiance and mother are deeply worried and I can't reassure them if I am too afraid myself.  
Proteinuria is a sign of chronic kidney disease which can result from diabetes, high blood pressure, and diseases that cause inflammation in the kidneys. For exactly pinpointing the cause you need to get a urine examination, kidney function tests and ultrasound kidneys done.

Ketonuria occurs when the body produces excess ketones in body and is seen in starvation, hyperthyroidism, fever, pregnancy or lactation and diabetes or renal glycosuria. This also needs a detailed evaluation from a urologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.