Urology Community
Proteinuria

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Proteinuria

My Son's Dr. sent him to ultrasound for pelvic and renal ultrasound and the final report is:  Mild fullness of the right renal collecting System. Possible renal calcifications versus artifacts in the renal sinuses bilaterally,  what's that means?
     Thanks for writing in. In our body, the kidney has the collecting system which includes renal sinuses, collecting ducts, renal pelvis and ureter. According to the report there is some kind of obstruction in the renal collecting system, which could be calcification or stones or strictures. Calcification can occur in renal stones, tuberculosis or in tumors.
I would suggest that you visit a urologist and request for IVP, as this would give a clear idea of the anatomy and functioning ability of the kidney, ureter and bladder.
Best.