Pubic Bone Pain
  Hi--first I have a severe lower back problem--to long to list everything--ie disc herniation and degeneration--etc, etc, L4 to S1--also have minor inguinal hernia--question--for the last 5 years, off and on-may happen for 3 or 4 days about 5 times a day then stops for a few months and comes back-I get a dull gnawing, throbbing pain in the right pubic bone area-- usually happens when I'm on my back lying down--doesn't last to long maybe a minute or 2--no pain on urination or ejaculation--can see no blood in urine--but I'm still afraid it may be cancer in one of the organs--ie--bladder--had a psa 2 years ago all normal--age is 48--what can cause pain in the pubic bone area?  thank you so very much
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Nick,
Urologic causes for pain in the pubic bone may include interstitial cystitis, ureteral stones, or related to the testicles.  Interstitial cystitis is a condition related to the bladder which involves frequency, urgency, painful urinating symptoms, and many non-specific symptoms which may include pubic bone pain.  Based on the information you provided, I don
A related discussion, pelvic pain HELP!!!! was started.