Urology Expert Forum
Purple color, discoloration on penis glans(glands),head and sulcus.

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

For a while now I've had a a discoloration in the glans (glands) and sulcus of penis.  They are purple/redish.  It all started months ago when I had intercourse with a woman.  I used a condom but when I went to remove it I noticed blood on the outside of condom.  After a couple of days, I began to have a tingling sensation under head of penis where it connects to the shaft.  It also felt like I wanted to pee.  Then my testicles began to hurt and I also felt them very hot on the inside.  I went to an urologist and he did not think much of it.  Got me some cream to put on the head.  Later on, maybe a month, I felt my whole body was burning from the inside, like I was very hot but no sweat. Maybe another month went by and I started to notice the head of penis was turning purple or redish so was the sulcus.  I went to another urulogist and this did not seem to be a problem for him.  He asked me: Painful urintaion?  NO  Painful ejaculation? NO  Urine tests came normal.  So did tests for the most common STD's.  Apparently no STD.  I say apparently because my testicles feel warm/hot and so does my body.  My lips feel like they are sunburned, warm and dry.  I also feel like I am bloated, retaining water and I now feel my heartbeat through my chest.  I feel that all of this is related to the discoloration of my penis head.  Also, about 3 weeks ago I began to feel the left side of my body tingling all over.  It started on the left foot.  It felt like if foot was asleep, like a lot of ants where crawling over foot.  Then it progressed to left arm.  The tingling sensation on body has subsided now, but I feel it a little bit.  Other than the symptoms I have described, I feel good. I am even able to exercise with no problems.  Please advice

I cannot connect your symptoms with any condition that can explain them. You have had two expert opinions that also do not feel that there is any physical problem and from an objective point of view do not see your glans (glands) and coronal sulcus as being abnormal. You might consider going to an internist to get a general evaluation. I think that ultimately an emotional cause for your symptoms needs to be pursued. If nothing else, getting the opinion of a psychologist/psych social worker or psychiatrist will complete your evaluation…and maybe end up sending your back to one of the urologists for further evaluation. Don’t let this issue fester and “eat at you” for months. Get evaluated and move on towards getting over it .
Good luck!
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
Dr. Liroff:

Thanks for the advice.  I have scheduled a complete physical for next week.  In the meantime I would like, if possible, for you to look at some pictures of the problem.  Let me know if this is possible and how best to do it.

Many thanks.
The forum is not, to my knowledge, able to deal with photographs.
S.A.liroff, MD
Hi Dr. Liroff

I have uploaded several pictures to my profile.  Privacy is set to only friends, pleased add me as friend so you can access them.  I would appreciated if you can look at them and give me your opinion.

Hi Robert and Doc
I seem to have very similar problems as you robert and its starting to really take a toll on me mentally.. One difference is that sometimes I get a burning sensation when i urinate.

Have you got any fresh news ?

Thank you
No, no fresh news to report.