Urology Community
Question about Dry Orgasm - Retrograde Ejaculation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I'm interested if other guys experience Retrograde Ejaculation?

I'm 42, Married, Kids (no more, all done with kids). 3 weeks ago I had some abdominal surgery where there was a lot of work surrounding nerves and this condition is listed as a possible complication (5-8% of patients).

I'm greatful that I have energy back and that I've been able to attempt ejaculation twice but both times it was dry (erection was fine and the sensation of the orgasm was ok -- just dry). There is no pain and I understand that it's not dangerous.

My Doc asked me to hold off on trying for at least one more week before jumping to conclusions. The typically send you to a uroligist if the problem persists where they basically verify the condition and attempt to treat it.

Does anyone else suffer from this condition? Does the sex drive get affected (or should I slow down the sex drive if the problem persists?)?

Any information would be a great help. Thanks!
just a question, have you been tested for Retrograde Ejaculation?
no, have not been tested for Retrograde Ejaculation.
maybe you should get tested for it, i know i have to. What ive been told about it, is that the sperm works its way back into the body instead of the other way.
I dont think its a problem, as you can get tablets for it.
Thank you for your response.  I will be seeing my surgeon Wed.  He will most likely send me to a uroligist.

Good luck with your testing too.
i have had retrograde for years - i"m 40 - doesn't affect anything and the wife loves it - no mess no fuss - we have sex everywhere now - wooo hoo!
HI Pauly,
Whats the latest on your dry orgasms.
I have just had my first sex after undergoing Abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery and had a dry orgasm . Did you undergo any treatment for yours or did it return naturally
I have it now. Im 53 and it started on its own about 2 years ago. I have not been to a doctor but talked with one on line. Im am not dry every time, but most times. I don't like it but what can you do? I think in my case it may have been caused by nerves being damaged by very bad disks in my lower back. Usually after orgasm, within 1 to 2 minutes the ejaculate will flow out. Usually when I withdraw from her. Good luck with it.
i thought i was nuts! It has been two months since my AAA surgery and all is well...except this issue. At first i thought it was a blessing but now I am concerned. I hate to say this but I am glkad I am not the only one. My surgeon had released me and now my Primary doc is telling me not to be concerned. Now...I am concerned.

I am 57 and due to other physical complications, am looking at early retirement. Should this be included in the list? wpould appreciate commnets from all but would love to here Physician comments.