Urology Expert Forum
Rash on Penis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rash on Penis

I'm 16 and obtained a a series of rashes on my penis due to masturbating with a tight grip, even though I used lubrication.I'm positive that the rashes are just from the friction of masturbating.  I've had the rashes for about a year now, and I've tried every thing to get them off, including refraining from masturbating for up to two weeks, using moisterizers, hydrocortizone cream, and now i'm using neosporin.  the rashes look reddened and when they are dry for a long time they begin to scale and crust over.  During the summer, they somewhat dissappeared but now that it's cold again, they have become even more inflamed.  In addition, after a while it stings when I masturbate on the rashes which always become more red and inflamed when i do.  Do you have any solution to this problem, PLEASE HELP!
===============================================================
(Though not one of the topics that we usually address, this question was answered by our physicians and we would like to share it with you.)

Dear Randall,
There are several dermatological conditions which can be the cause of your problem.  It is difficult to make a diagnosis over the Internet without having an opportunity to examine you.  You may be having allergy to the petroleum jelly or cream you are using during masturbation or excessive trauma due to friction or some infection by fungal, viral or bacterial organisms.
It may be best to let your lesion completely heal before you masturbate again.  Keeping a good personal hygiene, dry under garments and frequent changes may help.  If however, the problem persists, you should consult a dermatologist or urologist who can treat your problem.
This information is provided for general medical information purposes only. Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical The Henry Ford Hospital has experience in the evaluation and treatment of problems such as you describes. They would be most interested in helping you. You can reach them through our toll-free number (1-800-653-6568).
Sincerely,
HFHS M.D.-A.T.
*keyword: Penile rash