Urology Community
Rash on the head of my penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Rash on the head of my penis

8150935?1342588594
About 2 weeks ago, I had oral sex given to me, and just two days ago i realized my penis being a bit more sensitive and had a sort of irritable feel to it, I had to occasionally rub it or itch it to get the irritability to subside. As soon as I got home today I hopped in the tub and scrubbed my penis. Its a brighter redish rash that sits at the bottom of the head, and the inside part of my foreskin is a bit sensitive as well, is this a sign of something serious? I am going to the walk in clinic tomorrow but need the piece of mind that it could just be something simple. please help!
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections (STDs and non-STDs), inflammations, erosions/ trauma etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!