Urology Expert Forum
Re: Emission of semen while urinating

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Re: Emission of semen while urinating

Posted By David on April 20, 1999 at 18:36:56
I've noticed for about the last 8 years that if I go longer than 5 or 6 days between ejaculations that semen will come out when I urinate.  The vast majority of the times this is during the day, although on occasion it's at night.  I experience no pain when the semen comes out, but shortly there after, within a few minutes I will experience significant pain in my scrotum and in my lower back.  It's enough to stop me in my tracks.  There is no blood in the urine or semen.  I'm a 33 year old black male.  I've never had an STD to my knowledge.  I've been married for 2 years and my wife has been my only sexual partner.  We've had sex since we started dating about 8 years ago.  My last and only full physical exam was at age 25, and I don't recall that I brought this up to my doctor at the time.  I've recently been diagnosed with atrial fibrulation. I don't have any other medical conditions that I'm aware of.  During puberty I learned to urinate when I had an erection, and have continued doing this to this day.  I'm wondering if this has something to do with the problem.  Also, recently it happened in a 2 or 3 day time from instead of the usual 5 or 6 day time period.

Posted By JR on April 21, 1999 at 09:42:53
Obviously, you need to get to a doctor, if for no other reason than it has been so long since your last checkup.  Something appears to be wrong and the only way to find out what it is and how it can be corrected is to see a urologist.  The longer you wait, the worse it will most likely become.  Good luck.  

Posted By David on April 21, 1999 at 14:22:18
I do intend to see a doctor about this.  I just need to find the right one.  I have mentioned this problem to (2) doctors who were my primary care physicians. The first one said he'd look into it, and after I didn't seem to get anywhere with him concerning another problem I was having I went to the 2nd doctor.  I told the 2nd physician about this problem along with some other problems and he also he'd look into it, but never seemed concerned about it and ultimately didn't do anything.  The 2nd doctor also told me that the problem I was having with my heart was caused by me subconsciously holding my breath.  My wife got me to see a Cardiologist about my heart and he diagnosed me with Atrial Fibrulation.  In that case the atrial fibrulation episode actually occured while they were performing an ultrasound of my heart to diagnose what was going on with me.  Except for the cardiologist, I seem to have bad luck with finding the right doctor.

Posted By don on April 22, 1999 at 09:52:50

You haven't had bad luck with doctors.  It's just
that there are so many bad doctors out there who
can't diagnose anything beyond a hang nail.
Finding a good doctor is just as hard as finding a
good garage mechanic who you can trust to fix your
car.  You just have to keep searching for the right
one.

Posted By bill on May 29, 1999 at 09:40:27
I recently started discharging semen after urinating.  This happens about once a week.  It started when my fiance and I decided to stop having sex until we get married.  My primary care physician took a urine test and told me not to worry about it.  She said she would find out an anwer but she hasn't responded.  I don't have the pain like you do, just the semen discharge.

Follow Ups:

Look into retrograde ejaculation.  Harmless as it is not an STD but could be a sign of diabetes.