Urology Expert Forum
Re: Growth in testicle sack

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Re: Growth in testicle sack

Posted By Patrick on July 05, 1999 at 10:49:47
I just noticed what at first seemed to me to be a third testicle.  Now I think that it may be an attachment to the left testicle.  There is no pain, no blood in the urine.  What might be the problem.  It couldn't be a hernia could it?
How bad is testicle cancer if that is what it is? Thanks

Posted By Doug Bank on July 06, 1999 at 01:10:57
It could be a hernia, but it is more likely to be a spermatocele. It is not likely to be cancer, since TC would need to be a lump ON the testicle, not just near it.
Doug

Posted By Sean on July 07, 1999 at 13:32:38
What do you do about the spermatocele?

Posted By Doug Bank on July 08, 1999 at 00:02:16
A spermatocele does not require treatment unless it causes pain or infertility. I would see a doctor first, though, to ensure that it IS a spermatocele.
Doug

Posted By Sean on July 08, 1999 at 10:32:17
Well I try not to give myself anymore self exams because it freaks me out everytime I feel it.  I'm not sure if that is what it is, but the way Patrick put it is kind of how I felt too.  It doesn't seem like a third testicle, but it feels like a third entity of some sort in the sac.  It's pretty small, and when I have pain in my right testicle, I can feel this third entity.  I've been to my primary care physician on four occasions for him to check me out, and on this last one I finally got him to notice that and he said it was my spermatic cord looping down.  But to me it sounds more like a spermatocele.  Either way he said that the spermatic cord was natural and that nothing was wrong with me.  So, we'll see... I'm debating on whether or not I should go to a urologist for a second opinion.
Thanks for your response.
Take care.

Posted By Barry on July 08, 1999 at 14:59:58
Interesting, I just logged on to see if this was common.  I found this same problem today, appears to be a seperate growth but also seems to be connected to the testicle it's next to. Testicle and growth are more than double the normal size. Causes pain when touched, a bruised feeling but also has a stinging sensation when not being touched. Pain radiates up into lower abdomen. I have had the stinging pain for 3 days but the bruised feeling just began today. I had a vasectomy done 11 years ago with no problems before now. Your advice is very much appreciated  

Posted By Philip on July 12, 1999 at 21:18:07
I have the same thing going on.  Went to the family Doc today.  He referred me to a Urologist.  Appt is on Wednesday.  Said it probably not cancerous since the lump is not attached to the testicle.  My lump is the size of a marble, hard and is just above the right testicle.

Posted By Andy on July 20, 1999 at 11:11:20
Just got back from seeing my family dr. about a small pea-like lump on my right testicle.He suggested it appears to be epididimytis and referred me to a urologist.I would appreciate hearing about this condition from someone in the know
Restless in Newfoundland

Posted By Sean on July 21, 1999 at 11:59:54
Well I've finally decided to go see a urologist.  I'm not sure if I have anything at all, because my family doctor said it was nothing.  So I'll let you know if I can be of any help to you tomorrow.  If nothing else I can share with you all what my diagnosis was.  (If you're not familiar with my symptoms, look further up this branch of the discussion)
Take care.

Follow Ups:

Re: Growth in testicle sack Rob B 7/24/1999
(1)

Growth in testicle sack steve 8/10/1999
(0)