Re: Overactive bladder
Posted By Forum Administration on March 08, 1999 at 05:39:24:

In Reply to: Overactive bladder posted by Louise on March 05, 1999 at 15:26:27:

I have been diagnosed for 3 years with overactive or irritable bladder.  I have tried Ditropan, Levsin and now Detrol.  They work to a certain extent but I sometimes have periods of intense discomfort and bladder urgency lasting from a day to a week or more in which the medications don't seem to help.  I am trying pelvic exercises and re-training my bladder to go every 2 hours with a 15 min increase each week.  During these periods of intense discomfort, I am in the bathroom every 30 min, which makes my quality of life terrible.  It's affecting my work, my leisure activities, etc.  Is there anything I can do when this happens?  Is stress a part of this?  Will this condition lead to incontenance?  Help!