Urology Expert Forum
Re: Overactive bladder
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: Overactive bladder

Posted By Forum Administration on March 08, 1999 at 05:39:24:

In Reply to: Overactive bladder posted by Louise on March 05, 1999 at 15:26:27:

I have been diagnosed for 3 years with overactive or irritable bladder.  I have tried Ditropan, Levsin and now Detrol.  They work to a certain extent but I sometimes have periods of intense discomfort and bladder urgency lasting from a day to a week or more in which the medications don't seem to help.  I am trying pelvic exercises and re-training my bladder to go every 2 hours with a 15 min increase each week.  During these periods of intense discomfort, I am in the bathroom every 30 min, which makes my quality of life terrible.  It's affecting my work, my leisure activities, etc.  Is there anything I can do when this happens?  Is stress a part of this?  Will this condition lead to incontenance?  Help!