Urology Expert Forum
Re: Penile Curvature
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Re: Penile Curvature

Posted By Alex on April 27, 1999 at 20:09:48
Dear Sir/Madam
I am 29 years old and have suffered with a curvature of the erect penis since birth.  The curvature is upward with no hypospadias.  There has been no noticeable change in the extent of curvature over time, and I have had no problem developing or maintaining an erection (although there is occasional discomfort upon erection subsequent to recent ejaculation, and premature ejaculation has been common).  The curvature makes full penetration difficult.  Would this be chordee or some other related problem?  What, if any, would the treatment options be and would they be covered by a basic health insurance plan?
I hope you can help with this and await your advice.
Thanks

Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Posted By Anonymous on April 28, 1999 at 00:40:55
My penis curves downward when erect & has since my earliest recollections.  It is not a sharp curve, more like a banana in shape.  I have trouble staying in in certain positions during sex & my wife says other positions are very difficult for her.  Usually I can not penetrate her all the way as a result of the discomfort.  I have a rather large penis, so this may be part of it, but I think the curve is the real problem.
I too would like to know if anything can be done about this or is my curvature just something I have to continue to live with?  I am not familiar with the condition names you mention, so I can't help you there.
Thanks for any help anyone can post.

Follow Ups:

Blank
A related discussion, Penile Curvature was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker