Re: cremaster muscle
Posted By michael on May 23, 1999 at 15:44:32
I am a 38 y. old male. I have a little knowledge of the cremaster muscle and know what it does. But I dont know if my situation is normal. Although my testicles are in my scrotum, they are always high and up tight to my body. They normaly never hang although on a RARE occasion the do hang. Temperature does not seem have an affect on it. From what I can tell, it is not normal for them to be up high all the time. Can this cause a problem? Is there anything that can be done to change this?  Thank you.

Posted By John on June 04, 1999 at 18:41:38
I think you just have to live with this. I have the same issue. Only when I am extremely relaxed and not under any pressure do they hang down - I would say that the tightness is a product of anxiety and tension; hard to accept, I know, but it does seem to fit the picture. One problem that has arisen for me (I'm 41)
is that the constant- life-long - tightness and therefore higher temperature seems (according to my specialist) to have produced a long standing testosterone deficiency, and I am now taking testosterone supplements to compensate. So I would say, if you have seen a doctor and there is no obvious cause, then try and adopt a more relaxed lifestyle - easier said than done, but worth the effort, if it avoids what has happened to me.

Follow Ups:

cremaster muscle mike 6/08/1999
(0)

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Urologists in your area?